Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

Re: Most Evil Character in a Book?

I think Carrie White's mother was evil whereby she let religious fanaticism take full control over her, thus, moving her over to the dark side.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Contributor
Mister_Nobody

Mister Nobody's #1 most evil character is Pennywise.  The "Deadlights" or Tak or The Crimson King - ultimately they are all the same character in the Stephen king universe.  The simple act of being able to destroy a child's innocence is the most horrific and vile thing anyone or anything can do to someone.  Even more so than murder, a child's innocence is what gives them their imagination and ability to find solace in the beauty of the world.  When we grow up it grows dim, but to take that away before a child grows up is too cruel. 

When you are at the end of your rope, come find me.
Frequent Contributor
krenea1
0 Kudos

pjpick wrote:

Cruella D'Ville? Just off the top of my head.

Also, I really did not like the mother-in-law in the Of Bees and Mist (at least I think that was the book's name--First Look).

You are so right about the mother in law in the Of Bees and Mist. She was horrible. I loved that book. Do you know if the author wrote or is writting anything else like this? It was a little treat of a book.

Karen Renea

Curiosity killed the cat but satisfaction brought it back
Contributor
lindsey_BB
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

This is a very interesting topic - thank you original poster!

I completely agree with George Harvey from the "Lovely Bones". 

My hubby says the Crimson King.  I, on the other hand, still have the Dark Tower Series on my TBR list, so I wouldn't know!  He also mentioned the devil in "Descent" and the angel in "Deeper" and "the clone" in Year Zero by Jeff Long.  

Frequent Contributor
carusmm
0 Kudos

B_Lux wrote:

I'm going to have to go with the devil, Satan, Beelzebub, Antichrist, author of all sins, Lucifer, etc. Or am I being too obvious?

As e. e. cummings said, "God is a little more than everything."

Distinguished Bibliophile
shadowcat80

I can't remember his name at the moment but there this tyrant in the books enterprise daedalus, and daedalus' children that if you fail him once he kills you on spot.  That's pretty evil to me.

Help me down the crooked road. Lead me to the light. I'm not sure I know the way but with you beside me, I'm certain we'll make it through.
Scribe
ReadingPatti
0 Kudos

shadowcat80, I can't remember his name but he was in a couple of Scarpetta books. He was losing his hair and had a twin brother. He is yet to be caught. I have a feeling that he will show up again. I think he was albano. Not sure about that.

ReadingPatti

Inspired Wordsmith
Colleen_Rose
0 Kudos

As so many others have said - Pennywise.  He (it) seems to be evil and cruel for evil's sake. Flagg, crimson king have purpose and agenda which makes them more understandable in their evilness.  I honestly don't know which is worse.

On a side note - what a testement to Stephen King that he created so many indelible characters!

Colleen

Optimist: Someone who isn't sure whether life is a tragedy or a comedy but is tickled silly just to be in the play. ~Robert Brault
Inspired Scribe
Nevermore1
0 Kudos

Also being a King fan I would have to agree with Flagg, Pennywise and add in Malachai from Children of the Corn.

Reader 2
kmlr352
0 Kudos

Voldemort