Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

Most Evil Character in a Book?

My vote goes to Hannibal Lecter.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Re: Most Evil Character in a Book?

I don't remember if it had a name ... but the creature in Cold Fire.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Distinguished Correspondent
avid_reader1590
0 Kudos

Dr MIke Bekker from The Eyes Of Prey & Silent Prey; books 3 &4 of John Sanford’s Prey series. 

It is better to stir up a question without deciding it, than to decide it without stirring it up. ~Joseph Joubert

Distinguished Wordsmith
pjpick
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Cruella D'Ville? Just off the top of my head.

Also, I really did not like the mother-in-law in the Of Bees and Mist (at least I think that was the book's name--First Look).

Inspired Correspondent
B_Lux
0 Kudos

I'm going to have to go with the devil, Satan, Beelzebub, Antichrist, author of all sins, Lucifer, etc. Or am I being too obvious?

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words.
Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

B_Lux, no, you are not being too obvious. You provided an excellent answer.

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

I thought of an evil character that will make one cringe.....George Harvey in "The Lovely Bones."

Contributor
DeanaCal
0 Kudos

Any Stephen King fan will say just one word:  Flagg

:::shivers:::

Contributor
Radula
0 Kudos

As a King fan ... I have to agree with Flagg.  Although I would add The Crimson King and Pennywise.

Fiction is the truth inside the lie.
Stephen King
Wordsmith
Sarah3973
0 Kudos

Radula wrote:

As a King fan ... I have to agree with Flagg.  Although I would add The Crimson King and Pennywise.

For me it's Pennywise.  Maybe it's because It was the first King book I ever read..but Flagg and the Crimson King are right up there at the top of the list.

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown