Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
JoanieGranola
0 Kudos

Re: My perfect Nook would have......

That sounds good. I'd add: (11) conformity among nook apps (meaning the apps for iPhone, Android, PC, and all versions of the nook would be the same - what I would love best is if they brought back the ORIGINAL pc app, which was awesome for shelves and organizing your content), and (12) a Google platform because my nook tablet just doesn't work like a tablet should.
Correspondent
JoanieGranola
0 Kudos

Oh - and a camera would be nice. Not so I could be a geek like the iPad people who take pictures; it would be nice for Skype/videochat. And, to be a pain, I say the stylus should come in the box.
Frequent Contributor
Prmetime
0 Kudos

So the new Nook HD and HD+ are released yesterday. The Nook HD hits just about everything that I wanted in a Nook. The design reminds me of the Nook 1st Edition which is perfect in my opinion. It has both WiFi and Bluetooth which is awesome! It natively supports FLAC music files which is fantastic. It doesn't have "revolutionary" screen technology but it is very nice. The only thing that would be nice is an eInk screen but in many ways that would make the Nook HD less useful. So I am quite happy with the unit and I might just have to purchase one. Hopefully I can hold off for a little bit and not make an impulse buy. I can't wait until this unit is rooted....