Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
mhgerber
0 Kudos

NEW BOOK: Night Walks Softly

[ Edited ]

I have just published Night Walks Softly on the Barnes and Noble site.   My novel is a mystery/ suspense novel, 337 pages, set in the northern Indiana lake country.   I worked on it for ten years.  It is now ready.  

Night Walks Softly is Anne’s story. When Anne arrives in Yellow River eager to begin married life, she expects a peaceful existence in the quiet town. Little does she know that the very day she arrives, Judy Wallburn, the French teacher who will become her predecessor, has been murdered for knowing too much. As Anne starts fixing up her old farmhouse, getting used to her mother-in-law, and writing lesson plans, she walks step by step into the same danger. From finding a “Help me” plea to meeting intriguing new people such as Deb, Christina, and Dorthea, Anne’s story meshes her first year of marriage with the sinister backdrop of crime and murder in a small town. 

Night Walks Softly  is 2.99 and is available at this link from Barnes and Noble.http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/night-walks-softly-maureen-gerber/1104120004?ean=2940012815026&itm=1...

Here is the link to my blog.  There you will find information about my second book, available soon, also a mystery/suspense.  I also will be posting recipes from time to time, since Anne learns to cook in Night Walks Softly.  http://mhgerberbooks.blogspot.com/2011/07/steamy-sunday-in-july.html

Thanks for looking!  Sign up to follow my blog and email me if you have questions/ comments about my novel.  I look forward to hearing from you.

MH Gerber

Contributor
mhgerber
0 Kudos

Re: NEW BOOK: Should Night Come

Sherry thinks she has the perfect life, handsome husband, beautiful children, financial security, until one day she gets the call that changes everything. Sherry learns to manage change and to live with danger until danger finally catches up with her. Should Night Come, a mystery/suspense novel, tells of Sherry’s struggle to save her business, her company and her sense of self. This is the sequel to Night Walks Softly.

The first chapter is available at my blog:

http://mhgerberbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/should-night-come-due-out-soon-chapter.html

Please visit and leave a comment or become a member1

The book is available at Barnes and Noble and Amazon for 2.99.

Should Night Come