Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

NY Times Best Seller List Revised

Fabulous News!

I checked out the NY Times Best Seller List this morning for February 13th and the listings have been revised to include:

Combined Print & E-Book Fiction

Combined Print & E-Book Non-Fiction

And there are separate categories exclusively for E-Book Fiction and E-Book Non-Fiction.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Re: NY Times Best Seller List Revised

CasperAZ wrote:

Fabulous News!

I checked out the NY Times Best Seller List this morning for February 13th and the listings have been revised to include:

And there are separate categories exclusively for E-Book Fiction and E-Book Non-Fiction.

Any comments on why?

I suspect it supports the view that ebooks are outselling or at levels comparable to other book types (e.g., hardcover, paperback), so a combined view is a better reflection of popularity?

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
dulcinea3
0 Kudos

CasperAZ wrote:

Fabulous News!

Kinda reminds me of how B&N have a category just for NOOKbooks on the bar at the top of the page, but if you select the one for Books, you still get more NOOKbooks than printed books in your results.  I wonder if there is a way to filter that so that you can just see the printed books after a search and not have to wade through all the NOOKbooks.  (I have to admit that I have not clicked on NOOKbooks, done a search, and looked to see if printed books are included in the results.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grand Dame of the Land of Oz, Duchess of Fantasia, in the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia; also, Poet Laureate of the Kingdom of Wordsmithonia
Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

Peppermill, I did not see any comments by the NY Times for this revision, however, I side with your opinion that a combined view is a better reflection of popularity.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Peppermill
0 Kudos

CasperAZ wrote:

Peppermill, I did not see any comments by the NY Times for this revision, however, I side with your opinion that a combined view is a better reflection of popularity.

Thx, Casper.

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy