New User
amythyst
0 Kudos

Name of an author, help please

Greetings  - 

I am trying to remember the name of an author of a few books I read a few years ago while I was on vacation.   I really enjoyed them, they were written with a really  good sense of humor and were pretty quick reads.   I guess you would refer to them as crime novels, or perhaps mystery, but with a log of grins and laughs thrown in.

The story line features a guy who was an attorney, who had either won a huge settlement or inheritance and no longer ran a regular practice, but still did a few cases now and again.   He had a dog which he referred to as Tara, the best dog in the world.   He had, of course, quirky friends and employees, and former clients that were involved in the series.  (I think I read two or three books by this author while I was there.  I believe on of the books had the word 'concrete' in the title. 

In the  first book I read I believe his girlfriend was on the police force or a DA or something involved in law enforcement,  He had an ex-wife whose father he ends up suing or something like that, the former father in law might be mob connected?  .   One of the characters, a street person who the main character had given a stray dog to in the book wins a huge settlement in the end and opens up an animal shelter. 

The name Michael and Connelly comes to mind, but that may even be that characters name...I can't remember.  I am heading on vacation again the end of next week and would like to see if this author has written anything else or possibly even reread the one(s) I read.  

The thing I do solidly remember is Tara, the best dog in the world.  LOL    

Looking forward to getting some help.   Thank you in advance :smileyhappy:

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Name of an author, help please

New User
amythyst
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help, it appears to be the author I am looking for.   Many thanks :smileyhappy:

Contributor
donbob
0 Kudos

j.f. freedman rings a bell.