Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Bibliophile
5ivedom

Re: Need book suggestions for Senior (citizen) Book Club

I'd second Bright's Pond series. Lots of great reviews.

Here's another I thought is a good fit - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/trouble-in-mudbug-jana-deleon/1102435982?ean=2940011893476

New User
Book-Description
0 Kudos

NATURALLY AGED NOSTALGIA: Fun Stories for Spirited Seniors is my just published book. It containes 22 comfortably short stories; plus the print is larger for easy reading.  The paperback version will be availabe at  BN.com and Amazon.com in just a few weeks.  However, the paperback version is currently available at Lulu.com, and the book is also available on the Kindle Reader.  Below is the book description from the back cover.  Thanks for considering my new book...   J. C. Liburdi 

Naturally Aged Nostalgia is a collection of witty stories that depict our upside down world as seen through the eyes of mildly disgruntled senior citizens. Each of these short stories is unique, portraying a different facet of our rapidly evolving and often frustrating world. You’ll certainly empathize with the book’s many characters as you get to know them.

As the title implies, the book is packed with warm nostalgia—wonderful images parked in the back of your mind will suddenly come to light. Plus, the stories are sprinkled with wry humor and most have surprise endings, some of which are “payback” scenarios that you’ll surely savor.

You’re struggling to keep pace with a world that’s spinning out of control, and you’re trying to contend with continuous change. Lower your stress level by taking an occasional timeout to read one of the amusing stories contained in this book. You’ll find this crazy world to be much more tolerable once you’ve vicariously given it a swift kick in the posterior. 

New User
carl2e
0 Kudos

Please excuse the blatant self-promotion, but my book is geared toward us older people with a sense of humor: Click Here.  This might be a good fit and it's light reading.

New User
carrie732
0 Kudos

Any of the Maissie Dobb's series by Jacqueline Winspear or Victoria Thompson mysteries or Jeanne Ray's books.