Contributor
T_Bash
0 Kudos

Re: New Book Club Request

Excuse me, but this is a book club, not a gossip club...THANKS!!!!

T_Bash
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

T_Bash wrote:

Actually this thread is a discussion about starting a book club thread of a certain type. Want to keep conversation out, start a thread on a chosen book and keep discussion to it's and relevant materials. But since there's neither a chosen book much less a thread discussing it.....

Chill dude!:smileywink:

Why don't you redirect the conversation and decide a book choosing process?

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee

T_Bash wrote:

Sorry, T_Bash.  I know these comments we've been making are a bit off-topic to the thread title, but they actually have something to do with our one non-fiction book club (Current Events and History) and why people have been staying away from it.  It's the kind of situation that we need to talk about but are reluctant to do so within a thread that would attract the interest of a troublemaker.  I apologize for the inconvenience--  it does bring up the need to have a really good moderator for any Non-fiction board we might get, though. 

Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

Exactly, Psychee.  This one would need a good moderator to avoid being liking the other threads. Otherwise, count me out.

Psychee wrote:

T_Bash wrote:

Sorry, T_Bash.  I know these comments we've been making are a bit off-topic to the thread title, but they actually have something to do with our one non-fiction book club (Current Events and History) and why people have been staying away from it.  It's the kind of situation that we need to talk about but are reluctant to do so within a thread that would attract the interest of a troublemaker.  I apologize for the inconvenience--  it does bring up the need to have a really good moderator for any Non-fiction board we might get, though. 

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
Contributor
T_Bash
0 Kudos

blkeyesuzi wrote:

Exactly, Psychee.  This one would need a good moderator to avoid being liking the other threads. Otherwise, count me out.

Psychee wrote:

T_Bash wrote:

Oh, in that case, my apologies to everyone for the comment I made last night.

T_Bash
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

T_Bash wrote:

blkeyesuzi wrote:

Psychee wrote:

T_Bash wrote:

Oh, in that case, my apologies to everyone for the comment I made last night.

No big deal, none of us took offense.

And I don't see why this really needs a moderator to keep conversation out. Just have an off topic thread ajoining the actual book discussion. To gather up things like casual conversation and book selection.

As to CE, I really wish people would come by and relax a little. It really has changed in there. Much for the better, in my opinion. No one's laying out landmines and tiger pits anymore.

Contributor
T_Bash
0 Kudos

Sorry, I know this is WAY off-topic

Hi,

I sent this question to the official support team last night, but I figured one of you might know the answer, and respond more quickly.

Here's my question:

My book, "The Evidence for Heaven" is part of "The Faith Evidence Series". Since it's not as popular as Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings, how do I look up the rest of "The Faith Evidence Series"?

Thanks

T_Bash
Doug_Pardee
Kudos: 3,957
0 Kudos

Re: Sorry, I know this is WAY off-topic

T_Bash wrote:

how do I look up the rest of "The Faith Evidence Series"?

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=book&SID=389768

To find this, go to the book that you know: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Evidence-for-Heaven/David-W-Balsiger/e/9780882708232/ and look on the Overview tab. There's an entry called "Series" and it has a link to the series page.

Contributor
T_Bash
0 Kudos

Re: Sorry, I know this is WAY off-topic

Doug_Pardee wrote:

T_Bash wrote:

how do I look up the rest of "The Faith Evidence Series"?

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=book&SID=389768

To find this, go to the book that you know: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Evidence-for-Heaven/David-W-Balsiger/e/9780882708232/ and look on the Overview tab. There's an entry called "Series" and it has a link to the series page.

Right where I wasn't looking...do I ever feel like a dunby! :smileysad:

T_Bash
Contributor
T_Bash
0 Kudos

Now back to regularly scheduled programming.:smileywink:

T_Bash