Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

New Book Clubs Board! Religion & Spirituality

Hi everyone,

I'd like to welcome you all to our newest Book Clubs board, Religion & Spirituality

This board is a place to discuss religious and spiritual fiction, non-fiction, theology, religious history, and so on.

Want to talk about Christian fiction, do a group reading of the Bible, learn about Islam and the Quran, or talk about Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, or any other religion - or how these are presented in, and have influenced literature?  This is the place! 

Our new moderator, Joseph_F, has already set up a couple threads where you can introduce yourself, and where you can talk about what kinds of books you'd like to read in this new board.  

So please give Joseph a warm welcome, jump in, and chat about all matters religious, spiritual, and literary!

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Distinguished Bibliophile
Ryan_G
0 Kudos

Re: New Book Clubs Board! Religion & Spirituality

Jon, I don't know if TWJ comes into the community room or not.  Maybe you should PM her and let her know about this board.  I can only assume she would be excited about it.
"I am half sick of shadows" The Lady of Shalott

http://wordsmithonia.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
Jon_B
0 Kudos

Good idea, I'll do so. Thanks!

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Distinguished Correspondent
Joseph_F
0 Kudos

Thanks for the announcement, Jon. I've learned that most people in real life are just a little less interested in religions than I am, so I certainly am excited at the chance to be a religion nerd with people who share an interest in the subject online.

If anyone has any ideas of what they'd like to see out the board, please head down there and let me know.  I look forward to getting to know you all.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Raven_Lunatic
0 Kudos

Good idea. I was wondering why there was a specific forum for Jewish books, as opposed to Muslim books or Hindu books. I'm Jewish, BTW, but I think this new set-up is much better.
Distinguished Scribe
blkeyesuzi
0 Kudos

This is great! Thanks so much for setting it up!

Jon_B wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'd like to welcome you all to our newest Book Clubs board, Religion & Spirituality

This board is a place to discuss religious and spiritual fiction, non-fiction, theology, religious history, and so on.

Want to talk about Christian fiction, do a group reading of the Bible, learn about Islam and the Quran, or talk about Judaism, Buddhism, Hinduism, or any other religion - or how these are presented in, and have influenced literature?  This is the place! 

Our new moderator, Joseph_F, has already set up a couple threads where you can introduce yourself, and where you can talk about what kinds of books you'd like to read in this new board.  

So please give Joseph a warm welcome, jump in, and chat about all matters religious, spiritual, and literary!

Suzi

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. " --John Burroughs
New User
roberts81
0 Kudos

Hi

I was interested in joining a bookclub...Do you have a list of books you will be covering?

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Raven_Lunatic wrote:
Good idea. I was wondering why there was a specific forum for Jewish books, as opposed to Muslim books or Hindu books. I'm Jewish, BTW, but I think this new set-up is much better.

I found this older post of yours and if anything does come up pertaining to Judism..Lets post to each other..BTW Anita Diament.will be :Center Stage:  Date/ cannot recall... Tks  Vtc

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer