Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

New from the Barnes & Noble Studio: Book Obsessed

[ Edited ]

If you haven't seen it already, check out the new Barnes & Noble Studio and the first episode of Book Obsessed!

Book Obsessed is a series of mini-documentaries featuring folks whose love for books knows no bounds. In the debut episode you'll meet Laurie Gold, a woman in love with Romance novels.

Click the play button below to watch the debut episode of Book Obsessed, and reply to this message to share your own story!

Message Edited by Jessica on 03-17-2008 11:24 AM
LLB
Reader
LLB
0 Kudos

Re: New from the Barnes & Noble Studio: Book Obsessed

I had a tremendous amount of fun doing this video for B&N and hope you enjoyed watching it! If anything I said sounded interested, please come and visit the website I've run for the past ten years - All About Romance - at http://www.allaboutromance.com (or my blog, at http://laurielikesbooks.blog-city.com - I've blogged for over five years).

TTFN, Laurie Likes Books
New User
LynneW
0 Kudos

Great video, Laurie!

You were articulate and interesting and I think you make an excellent case for romance readers everywhere and why we like the books we do.

By the way, congratulations on recently completing the 12th annual reader poll - I found the results quite interesting and now have a whole new list of books to glom!

Thanks
LynneW
LLB
Reader
LLB
0 Kudos

Thanks, Lynne. I wanted to "represent," as they say. :smileywink:

As for the results in AAR's 12th annual reader poll, I'm glad you checked out the results. I'll look forward to your comments on them - and the analysis! - on the At the Back Fence Forum over at AAR. As for new books to glom, what can I say besides, "Me too!"?

TTFN, Laurie Likes Books
All About Romance
New User
Tinabelle
0 Kudos

I was so excited to see the completed video after reading all about the filming at AAR. And it was wonderful to put a face to your online presence. Your comments about the romance novel reflect many of my own thoughts and feelings about the genre. Of course, you expressed yourself much more eloquently than I ever could and looked a lot better on camera! I think anyone who watches the video who is not a romance fan may decide to take another look or possibly change their stereotype of the typical romance reader and the romance novel in general. And those of us who are "romance obsessed" like you will surely agree that you represented us well. Congratulations!
LLB
Reader
LLB
0 Kudos

Tinabelle wrote:
I was so excited to see the completed video after reading all about the filming at AAR. And it was wonderful to put a face to your online presence. Your comments about the romance novel reflect many of my own thoughts and feelings about the genre. Of course, you expressed yourself much more eloquently than I ever could and looked a lot better on camera! I think anyone who watches the video who i:smileywink:s not a romance fan may decide to take another look or possibly change their stereotype of the typical romance reader and the romance novel in general. And those of us who are "romance obsessed" like you will surely agree that you represented us well. Congratulations!

Thanks, Tinabelle...that's really nice of you to say. Tara, the producer of this series, is someone who reads and respects those who do. I couldn't have asked for a more "romance friendly" person than she is. And when we talked about what I would wear, she never asked for me to wear a flowy skirt and "puffy shirt." :smileywink: That's another way I knew they would take care of me and not allow me to come off as ridiculous.

TTFN, LLB
Reader 4
Jo_Leigh
0 Kudos

Wonderful job expressing the joys of reading romance. I hope non-romance reading folks were curious enough to watch the video and in turn will now make a point of trying a few books. I was one who had no interest in romance until I was convinced to try one - what a revelation!
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Jo_Leigh wrote:
Wonderful job expressing the joys of reading romance. I hope non-romance reading folks were curious enough to watch the video and in turn will now make a point of trying a few books. I was one who had no interest in romance until I was convinced to try one - what a revelation!

That was a delight to watch. No one else could have done the job better!
LLB
Reader
LLB
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:
That was a delight to watch. No one else could have done the job better!

Thanks...that's very nice of you to say.

TTFN, Laurie Likes Books
Publisher, All About Romance
Frequent Contributor
Jessica
0 Kudos

Book Obsessed - Joe Perlman

[ Edited ]

Check out the new episode of Book Obsessed!

Book Obsessed is a series of mini-documentaries featuring folks whose love for books knows no bounds. In this episode you'll meet Joe Perlman, a book collector with 35,000 volumes in his Long Island, NY home.

Click the play button below to watch Book Obsessed, and reply to this message to share your own story!

Message Edited by Jessica on 03-17-2008 11:22 AM