Contributor
Mouse_
0 Kudos

Nook App

Hi,

I have a Nook Tablet and a Nexus 7 with the Nook app.

On the Tablet, the book that I'm currently reading can be added to the home screen.

Can this be done with the Nook app on my Nexus?

I can't find a way to do it.

Thanks.

Wordsmith
TnTexas
0 Kudos

Re: Nook App

It would be neat if you could, but I'm pretty sure you can't.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Do you mean on the home screen of the NExus?

No, that's not possible.

Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

Why?, because you have to be in the app to read on a non BN device, which has no home screen control.
Contributor
Mouse_
0 Kudos

I was hoping that someone would  know of a way.

It's no big deal to have to open the Nook app, I was just looking for a quick/convenient way to go back to the book.

~sigh~

Maybe someday there will be that option.

Contributor
rje58

It may be something that the developers could add to the Nook app.  Similar to how an application in Windows asks:  "Do you want to install a desktop icon?".  The developers might be able to add a button within the Nook app that creates an icon on the tablet home page when pressed.

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957

[ Edited ]

On a Windows PC I can create a bookmark to a website, and put it on my desktop, so it will automatically launch my browser and take me to that page.  For a website I visit a lot it can be useful.  I'm not sure about a link to a book, because that would mean I'd need to delete the shortcut and create a fresh one every time I start a new book.  Sounds like too much trouble.  Whereas every time I launch the Nook app on any device I have the most recently opened book at the top anyway.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

This (App creating a button on home page that takes user to the book) is a very good idea. I'm not sure if this functionality is present but if it is, then this 'Last Reading Book' link would work super well.

AlanNJ
Topics: 64
Kudos: 1,528
0 Kudos

Mouse_ wrote:

I was hoping that someone would  know of a way.

It's no big deal to have to open the Nook app, I was just looking for a quick/convenient way to go back to the book.

~sigh~

Maybe someday there will be that option.

If you leave the book open just use the built-in Android task manager to switch to it.

►Without order there is chaos◄