Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
MonicaLeigh
0 Kudos

Nook Color won't wake up!

So, went to lay in bed and read tonight. Grabbed my nook off the nightstand. Went to wake it up and I can't get the "slide to wake up Nook" thing to slide! So, I tried to turn it off. It won't let me click "power off". So, I held down the power button till it restarted itself. It still won't wake up. So, I'm assuming it's something with my touch screen? I just got my nook like two weeks ago and I'm really frustrated! :smileysad: Can't call customer support till the morning so I've been lookin over the web to see if anyone had the same problem--but can't find anyone who has. Adafjdsklgjkljhasdlkfj. SO MAD.

Any suggestions? I've tried pluggin in the charger and plugging it into my computer. No, my hands were not wet or lotioned.

New User
calimike
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color won't wake up!

Queenie, try performing a Soft Reset on your NOOK Color:
1.Hold the NOOK Color’s “Power” button down until a pop-up window appears. The pop-up window will ask you if “you want to turn your device completely off”. 
2.Tap “Power Off” to confirm. 
3.Once your NOOK Color is completely powered off, hold down the “Power” button again to restart the device. 
4.Allow a minute for your device to start up. 
5.You have now successfully completed a Soft Reset. 
If you are still having trouble after that, please call Digital Support at 1-800-843-2665 (select option 2).

Source: nookBN via FB