Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

RTA
Wordsmith
RTA

Re: On This Day in Literary History

*sniff sniff*  Thanks for all the work, Paul.  It was fun. 

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Country Stores of Vermont  My last post to Paul..I am now boycotting this thread.:  (

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Geronimo Rex  

Yonder Stands Your Orphan  I did,however find this. Barry         Hannah Author of Darkly Comic Short Stories  Died at Age 67,this week,,,

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill

Re: On This Day in Literary History - 2010 Pulitzer Winners

[ Edited ]

2010 Pulitzer Prizes were announced today.

Pulitzer Prize site with listing.

Reuters announcement with a bit more detail.

Among the books:

Fiction:

Tinkers by Paul Harding

Drama: 

Next to Normal by Tom Kitt (music) and Brian Yorkey (script and lyrics)

History: 

Lords of Finance: The Bankers Who Broke the World by Liaquat Ahamed

Biography: 

The First Tycoon: The Epic Life of Cornelius Vanderbilt by T.J. Stiles

Poetry: 

Versed by Rae Armantrout

General Nonfiction:  

The Dead Hand: The Untold Story of the Cold War Arms Race and Its Dangerous Legacy by David E. Hoffman

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 966
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33

A little tidbit about Tinkers winner Paul Harding: he's a 2000 alumnus of the Iowa Writers' Workshop and is guest teaching here THIS SEMESTER!  How cool is that? :smileyvery-happy:

Also a photographer with the Des Moines Register won a Pulitzer for Breaking News Photography.

Peppermill wrote:

Fiction:

Tinkers by Paul Harding

Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Thank you Pepper,and Melissa..Its great to see some postings here .Especially such an Important Event .."Tinkers" is all the rage here in VT.and The other winners are an interest to me as well..I miss this thread.( we miss PaulH here).I think any tidbits we would like to post,we should...Everyday I see something,that might be relevant here..Surely others do as well.......Susan Vtc..