Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B

POLL: If you had to choose just one Twilight book, what would it be?

If you look at the Book Clubs homepage, down on the left hand side of the page, you'll see we have a new poll up:  If you had to choose just one Twilight book, what would it be?

Go ahead and vote there now, then come back here to discuss the results!  It's only been up a little bit but so far New Moon is in the lead.

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Distinguished Correspondent
PB684

Re: POLL: If you had to choose just one Twilight book, what would it be?

I started reading this series because my teenage daughter was completely obsessed with them and wanted me to share them with her. I was totally sucked in! Of course, I liked the first book, Twilight because it was the intro to the series and it obviously grabbed my attention. New Moon was good but I found myself feeling terrible for the main character Bella...which I guess was the point...but it was somewhat depressing. I would have to say that Eclipse was my favorite because it felt like there was so much action and character development...not to mention that there was still another book in the series so I didn't have to be sad that everything was ending just yet.

-PB684:smileyhappy:

PB684
Frequent Contributor
Rabid_Reader
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I would have to say that my favorite book of the series would have to be special. Although all the books are good in their own way, Twilight stands above the rest. When reading Twilight, it is as if the reader is falling in love along with Bella and Edward. There is something special about entering into that world for the first time, and finding your first love. This is why I think Twilight is the best out of the series.

-Katelyn

"How to Become a Writer:
First, try to be something, anything, else. A movie star/astronaut. A movie star/missionary. A movie star/kindergarten teacher. President of the World. Fail miserably."--Lorrie Moore.

Message Edited by Rabid_Reader on 03-16-2009 06:58 PM
Inspired Wordsmith
Kierstin-Kayla
0 Kudos

That's hard. I would have to say either Twilight - because this book started everything. Or Eclipse, I would say the reason, but I don't want too give any spoilers; so I'm only saying I love this book to because of Chapter 20.

:smileyvery-happy:

(P.S. - Just because I said that, please, please, don't skip anything! 

Don't! )

pain is inevitable. suffering is optional.
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

Uh...so you mean we can't, like, choose ALL OF THEM??? Darn.

Well, I'd probably either pick Eclipse or Breaking Dawn. But if Midnight Sun ever gets completed, I'd pick that over all of them. I mean, we're talking about Twilight through CEDWARD'S point of view, here!!!

"Even Supergirl has her kryptonite."

-A quote by moi

Frequent Contributor
bookworm1710
0 Kudos

Breaking Dawn! Definitely! 
"And how ARE things on Planet You Wish?"
New User
pianomiri
0 Kudos

I'd Probably Pick Eclipse Or Breaking Dawn
Distinguished Correspondent
PB684
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I took my daughter and her best friend to a Twilight release party at a bookstore on Friday night and I just want to say how wonderful it is to see "teens" and "tweens" completely engrossed in reading. I know they were all there to get the movie version of the book but almost every one of them was sitting with an open book in their lap reading and discussing with eachother. I work in a school and I know how difficult it is to get kids to sit still...this was amazing! Congratulations to all the wonderful authors who can captivate this age group!

_PB684:smileyhappy:

Message Edited by PB684 on 03-22-2009 10:05 AM
PB684
Frequent Contributor
Fond_of_Books
0 Kudos

I prefer Twilight. I always love first books in series because they introduce you to the characters and the story. After that I'd say Breaking Dawn because there were a lot of surprises. My least fave is New Moon because there is hardly any Edward in there. :smileyhappy:
Fond_of_Books

She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain. ~Louisa May Alcott