Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Jon_B

Please post all nook and eReader issues in the eBook Help Board

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

We've noticed that people are starting to post new threads about eReader and nook issues here in the Community Room.  While we at B&N are more than happy to address your concerns, the designated place for these issues is the eBook Help Board, this is where you will find the admins  - and in many cases, fellow users -  who have the specific knowledge to answer these questions.  Any threads on these subjects that we see here will be relocated to the eBook Help Board (so if you posted one and it looks like it's gone missing, check that board).  

In the meantime, while you are here in the Community Room please do say hi, make some friends, talk about what books you're reading and so on!  :smileyhappy:

Thanks

Jon

Need some help setting up your My B&N profile? Click here!

Looking for a particular book, but can't remember the title or author? Ask about it here!
Frequent Contributor
jigray3

Re: Please post all nook and eReader issues in the eBook Help Board

Finding the eReader Help Board is neither easy nor intuitive. You also did not provide a link to the correct forum in your post, which would be helpful. May I suggest B&N make it easier to find the eReader Help Board from the main page as the board can take some of the load off the CS only if they know it's there and can easily locate it. Also support for Apple's Safari web browser on the forum would help. I couldn't log in or post through Safari and had to use Mozilla's Firefox. Apple now commands almost 30% of the laptop market. Ignoring Mac users is a poor business decision.

New User
phillPW
0 Kudos

where do I find the eBokk help board

Inspired Correspondent
PepaLou

All you have to do is scroll down a little further from the "COMMUNITY" boards.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-General-Discussion/bd-p/Nook

Brasil #1
Proud owner of "COUNT NOOKULA"!
Stop adding more crap to my nook! If I wanted a do it all POS, I would have bought an Ipad!
Reader 2
Willbook
0 Kudos

Is there any chance that the Nook will add a "Password" protection feature to its hardware? Most electronic devices offer the User the option to use a four or five character password to access the device. This would secure the device in the event the Nook is lost or stolen and the original User does not realize it for awhile. By locking the device no one else can use it. Since the purchaser of the Nook device must use a credit card in order to purchase new books, magazines or newspapers, there should be some measure of protection available (this can be an option as it is with the iphone, ipod touch or any laptop).

When do think this feature might be added to the Nook?

Thanks for your consideration.

Inspired Bibliophile
Psychee
0 Kudos

Correspondent
illmunkeys
0 Kudos

Willbook wrote:

Is there any chance that the Nook will add a "Password" protection feature to its hardware? 

Joke?  Because its hilarious.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

Contributor
FredC
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

New User
jillum
0 Kudos

How do I share lend books with someone with a kindle.  The nook and kindle both use the same ereader technology.