Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Suvorov

Posting Reviews

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know if B&N is trying to fix the problem with posting reviews? I admit I gave up posting a while ago because my reviews never got posted. I just tried again today and even though it immediately registers under my account name, the review disappears and it just shows up as the rating under anonymous. Others are posting perfectly fine. Is there some sort of delay now? If so, how long is the delay before you can start seeing your actual write up?

Inspired Bibliophile
deesy58

Re: Posting Reviews

Suvorov wrote:

Does anyone know if B&N is trying to fix the problem with posting reviews? I admit I gave up posting a while ago because my reviews never got posted. I just tried again today and even though it immediately registers under my account name, the review disappears and it just shows up as the rating under anonymous. Others are posting perfectly fine. Is there some sort of delay now? If so, how long is the delay before you can start seeing your actual write up?

There have been other threads regarding this issue, which has been reported repeatedly for several weeks.  B&N has chosen NOT to deal with this problem.  Customer Service will run you around if you ask them for assistance, and the administrators of this board simply do not reply to inquiries, or they lock a thread is the debates become too intense.  I have simply given up on posting Reader Reviews.  If I can't read honest and complete Reader reviews on the B&N Web site, then it will be difficult for me to purchase books (any kind of books) from B&N.

Too bad!  This system worked well for a long time.

Frequent Contributor
Irishelf

Ironically, I can only post reviews from my ipad.  Everytime I try to post from my laptop, it won't let me pick how many stars I want to rate a book!

Inspired Bibliophile
deesy58

Irishelf wrote:

Ironically, I can only post reviews from my ipad.  Everytime I try to post from my laptop, it won't let me pick how many stars I want to rate a book!

Good advertising for Apple -- not so much for Barnes and Noble. 

Bibliophile
5ivedom

It's not working for me either. Tried with both Internet Explorer and Safari and it doesn't work.

Sometimes it works from Nook itself. But it should work from the web. That's the most important avenue + it's much easier to write reviews on a PC or laptop.

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Has anyone had any luck recently?  I generally submit my books for reviews for B&N (sites the specifically say they post their reviews to B&N or are for Nook readers) but I've noticed that when reviews are posted there are a lot more 'anon' than anything. 

Please keep posting here if there is an update...!

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
Inspired Bibliophile
deesy58

BearMountainBooks wrote:

Has anyone had any luck recently?  I generally submit my books for reviews for B&N (sites the specifically say they post their reviews to B&N or are for Nook readers) but I've noticed that when reviews are posted there are a lot more 'anon' than anything. 

Please keep posting here if there is an update...!

I have simply stopped trying to post reviews on B&N's Web site.  I have not been able to post any reviews for the last four books I have read, so I stopped posting on B&N and post elsewhere, instead. 

I now have an iPad (something I never believed I would own), and I have the Kindle and Kobo apps for it.  I expect that I will cease using my NOOK Tablet, and that I will post future reviews on other Web sites that accept them. 

Too bad.  I really liked my NOOK Tablet, but it is clear that Barnes and Noble is going to be left behind because of its inability to cope with modern technology.  If Amazon captures the e-book market it will be because of the assistance provided by B&N. 

Frequent Contributor
NookaholicAC

Bearmountainbooks, I think you have touched on something here. What is the reason behind writing an anonymous book review? Are they ashamed of what they write? Maybe if they had to give a name, there wouldn't be so much nonsense that the kids write which has absolutely nothing to do with a book review.

Contributor
Suvorov

Actually, for my reviews, the system automatically changes my name to anonymous. I never check 'post anonymously' but when I submit my review, there is no review, only a rating with anonymous next to it. It may not necessarily be the reviewer's fault.

Contributor
Suvorov

[ Edited ]

No. I posted a few reviews the other day just to see if it was now working, and they have not posted.