Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Dreamer4ever
0 Kudos

Re: Put yourself in a book.

Oh, gosh...can't tell you the number of times I've tried to wish myself into Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, any Jane Austen novel, or a really good romance. *sigh* It amazes me how an author can create a world that is so intriguing that I will dream that it's the real world.
The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them. --Mark Twain
Inspired Wordsmith
twilight_fanatic_01
0 Kudos

If I could get sucked into any book, I'd love to get sucked into Harry Potter. Though I am a Twilight fanatic (clearly), I'd love to fight Voldemort alongside Harry and Hermoine and Ron. Try on the Sorting Hat and learn to tearn toadstools into teapots. The wizarding world in general...it just truly appeals to me more than any imaginary world out there.

"Even Supergirl has her kryptonite."

-A quote by moi

Correspondent
LindaEducation
0 Kudos

I would be Nancy Drew. I used to love reading my older sisters' Nancy Drew books. I used to pretend I was Nancy, and get deeply involved in solving a mystery.

Or in more modern times, I would be Regan Reilly.  She is the favorite character in many of Carol Higgins Clark's books.  She is always getting herself involved in a mystery even when she is on vacation!

You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend. -- Paul Sweeney
Wordsmith
Paula717
0 Kudos

Oh my gosh, I wish I could! Let's see, Priide & Prejudice definately, The Life of Elizabeth I, LOTR, Sookie in the Southern Vampire Series, Dracula (gotta have a little horror now and then)... Wow, there are far too many to choose from.
To read without reflecting is like eating without digesting. - Edmund Burke
Frequent Contributor
bookwormSV
0 Kudos

Well if i were to get sucked into a book, I'd probably want to be sucked into Harry Potter. The world of magic just seems so fascinating. I'd also want to be sucked into the Twilight Saga and meet Edward and fall in love with him, oh a girl could only wish. I wouldn't mind getting sucked into Sookie Stackhouse's world and having her telepathic abilities. AAAA....isn't great how authors leave you wishing for more and wondering what it would be like if that were your world! Great question =] Imagine, Create, Inspire & you will be successful. Stacey aka bookwormSV
Blogger
L_Monty

Baker wrote:
Have any of you ever wondered what it would be like to get sucked into your favorite book?

No, this is impossible. I'm, like, 6'1", and my favorite book is just a trade paperback. It could never happen, my man. We call that physics. Now, technically I suppose you could print the book so it was really huge, but how am I going to get in there? A tractor beam? Those things aren't real. Even then you'd have to cut out a lot of pages just to get me to fit in there, and then it wouldn't be a book anymore. Plus, who's doing the cutting? If it's someone else, I'm not really getting "sucked into" the book, am I? I'm basically being assaulted and kidnapped, and the book is just this one guy's M.O.

Call me crazy, Baker, but I think you'll have to hit the books a bit and maybe tweak your question a bit.

:smileyhappy: