Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
joycedebacco
0 Kudos

Re: Where Dreams are Born by Joyce DeBacco

I'm not sure if I'm posting correctly, but here goes. I want to tell everyone that Where Dreams are Born got a great review from The Romance Reviews. Check it out here: http://www.theromancereviews.com/viewbooksreview.php?bookid=2579

Brief blurb: After enduring traumatic childhoods, a single mom and a widower struggle to create a stable family life for their children despite those who would do them harm.

What other reviewers have said:

“Joyce DeBacco does a really good job of getting the reader invested in the outcome of this unusual pairing. Enjoy.” S. Wurman of Night Owl Reviews.

“This is truly a compelling novel of real life and will stay with me a long time”. Judith of The Book Binge.

“Joyce DeBacco pens one of those tales that is warm and loving while still mixed with trials that will touch a reader's heart.” Dee Dailey of The Romance Studio

“ A well-written romantic novel with elements of suspense. Writing is fresh and evocative, highly readable and interesting.” Corina of Big Al’s Books and Pals.

“A stellar read.” Wendy Hines of Minding Spot.

visit http://www.joycedebacco.com for the first two chapters of all my books.
New User
Nick55NC
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Thank you Barnes & Noble for offering this space to tell the community about my debut Kindle novel! :smileyhappy:

Have a look on Amazon - you can download the beginning of the book for free (see 'try it free' link) - and see how you get on.

The Plot

Inspired to rediscover his roots and family history, computer programmer, Michael, soon learns that the past is sometimes best left undisturbed: for lurking in the history of his bloodline, is a twisted killer, Devlin Mallard. A man dispatched from this earth in 1929 at the end of a hangman's noose.

Betrayed by his own kind, now freed from the darkness, anti-hero, Devlin Mallard, is hell-bent on exacting revenge and unleashing mayhem.

In the 21st Century West Country spirits have moved on from Ouija boards and séances, the dead now travel by broadband – hidden in the Bandwidth.
They inhabit the chat rooms, plying their trade online, ever hungry for contact with the living.

Re-awakened in Cyberspace, Devlin wreaks havoc. People begin to die and the trail of horrific deaths, winds its way towards Michael, Heather and the children.

Desperate, Michael seeks help from a medium from Paignton, Dedra - who holds séances in the local spiritualist church hall.

Fighting for his life, and that of his family, he joins forces with murder investigator, Detective Sergeant Woods, and rides a roller-coaster of global killings to the final confrontation. He must face his demon and return Devlin Mallard to the darkness.

( 15% of author royalties are donated to www.commando999.com in support of injured Royal Marines and their families ) 

http://www.amazon.com/Bandwidth-Devlin-Mallard-Torbay-ebook/dp/B005067R5U

Paint with words: Nick
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

A Simple Solution to America's Weight Problem: Banish Belly and Lose Weight in Just 5 Minutes a Day

A SIMPLE SOLUTION TO AMERICA'S WEIGHT PROBLEM  

With all the knowledge and experience of doing research and publishing 12 health-related books, I must admit that I have maintained proper weight. However, I could not reduce even 5 pounds naturally till I tried what I don’t hesitate to call a miracle technique for reducing belly and losing weight. The most effective among any method I have tested or written about weight loss. It can be done anywhere, anytime and requires no special equipment. And this is not even any diet or vigorous exercise or some nutrient, vitamin, hormone, and drug that I am promoting.

The book is divided in three parts. Part one is about diet concept using the best of eastern traditions and western scientific knowledge. However, the traditional dieting approaches, in general, have not worked, and the number of over-weight young and old have gone up. We suggest you read this useful information. But may quickly go through this part if not have time or not interested in dietary aspect. Part two is actual technique that needs to be understood as thoroughly as possible. Part three describes the science behind the technique and technicalities. The reader is suggested to read part three primarily to understand the theory and to master the technique. If not interested in theory or don’t have time, you may again quickly go through part three. But we highly recommend you read it.

Finally remember “your body is a temple of the soul and the holy spirit, a gift from God.” Consider every day what you can do to Care for the Temple. With child obesity rates at national health emergency levels (that has involved first lady Michelle Obama now); it is time to treat those fat, unhealthy, undisciplined bodies with a technique that works. This book is here to help you with that. Good Luck!

New User
rockgem
0 Kudos

Re: The Street by Mitchell Rosnov

A Family in Turmoil

A Son whose ambition leads to a life in crime.

The Street, a fictioin action novel about how greed and corruption ruin a young man's life.

Ron Stanton narrates the details of what goes wrong aftere he starts to work for his unscrupulous uncle, a dishonest jewelry merchant. After Ron quits his job to open a jewelry business he sinks heavily in debt. He will try to salvage his business by conning customers, engaging in money laundering and becoming involved with a gang of drug dealers. There is a somber conclusion to a story that examines the pathological extremes some people will embrace for the almighty buck.

My jewelry background(fifty years in the business) has enabled me to include in this novel many revelations that can explain why buying jewelry can become a hazardous experience. Please read the novel.

MRosnov
Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Re: Executive Retention - Print book on sale for $8.63

Good news!  B&N has put:

Executive Retention  (print version) on sale today for $8.63 (regular price is $11.99)

The only downside that I can see is that Barnes and Noble isn’t showing Executive Lunch in print. I have no idea why that is. It is available in print and has been for a while, but you may have to call the online store to have them look it up.

At any rate, if you’ve been waffling over the print version…it’s on sale!!!!

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
Contributor
JaneGeorge
0 Kudos

Mumbo Jumbo Circus by Jane George

Hi! I'm an author/illustrator. The first book in my realistic young adult fantasy series about a magical circus that's home to a bunch of throwaway teens is available on Nook. It's illustrated!

Here's my site: www.Jane-George.com

Here's the Nook book:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Mumbo-Jumbo-Circus/Jane-George/e/2940012680815

Frequent Contributor
WalterParks
0 Kudos

Re: Mumbo Jumbo Circus by Jane George

Are you available for illustrating?

Walter Parks
UnknownTruths Publishing Co.
http://UnknownTruths.com
Distinguished Scribe
kathylcsw
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Nick55NC wrote:

Thank you Barnes & Noble for offering this space to tell the community about my debut Kindle novel! :smileyhappy:

Have a look on Amazon - you can download the beginning of the book for free (see 'try it free' link) - and see how you get on.

The Plot

Inspired to rediscover his roots and family history, computer programmer, Michael, soon learns that the past is sometimes best left undisturbed: for lurking in the history of his bloodline, is a twisted killer, Devlin Mallard. A man dispatched from this earth in 1929 at the end of a hangman's noose.

Betrayed by his own kind, now freed from the darkness, anti-hero, Devlin Mallard, is hell-bent on exacting revenge and unleashing mayhem.

In the 21st Century West Country spirits have moved on from Ouija boards and séances, the dead now travel by broadband – hidden in the Bandwidth.
They inhabit the chat rooms, plying their trade online, ever hungry for contact with the living.

Re-awakened in Cyberspace, Devlin wreaks havoc. People begin to die and the trail of horrific deaths, winds its way towards Michael, Heather and the children.

Desperate, Michael seeks help from a medium from Paignton, Dedra - who holds séances in the local spiritualist church hall.

Fighting for his life, and that of his family, he joins forces with murder investigator, Detective Sergeant Woods, and rides a roller-coaster of global killings to the final confrontation. He must face his demon and return Devlin Mallard to the darkness.

( 15% of author royalties are donated to www.commando999.com in support of injured Royal Marines and their families ) 

http://www.amazon.com/Bandwidth-Devlin-Mallard-Torbay-ebook/dp/B005067R5U

Did you realize that this is a Barnes and Noble board? Nooks cannot download Kindle ebooks and Kindle cannot download B&N ebooks. i don't think you will have much luck posting here.

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

In Search of God: The God of Spirituality

IN SEARCH OF GOD  

Religions and prophets have been preaching about God for centuries, and millions of people have developed faith in their concept. The revolution of science and technology in this century has forced many of us to reevaluate the doctrines and tenets received through our religious traditions. Should we believe in creation or should we believe in evolution? Should we believe in heaven and His court of justice when we look up in the sky or should we believe in the space, the planets, the stars, and the galaxies up there? I hope this write-up will provide a fresh insight into the mysteries about God -- and leave us wiser, peaceful, and enlightened

God and spirit is no more another worldly belief in fate, luck, chance, or coincidence. For the new generation of 21st century, we should be able to make sense of the real world, find peace in the midst of turmoil, and discover hope and joy. The God is not in church or mosque or temple only that appears every Sunday. God is also not sitting somewhere in the sky watching our actions. The God is in us 24-hours a day. “If we can’t see God in all, we can’t see God at all.” We need scriptures that can teach us all humans are capable of achieving union with God while still alive by realizing the Divine within. We want to become one with God and experience it.

This book will lead us towards spiritual meditation and permanent peace; representing the best that East and West have to offer since the author is educated at Yale University in the West and Punjab University in the East. The reader will understand the concept of God, which constitutes the spiritual basis of living. This understanding will lead us to love and happiness irrespective of our faith.

Correspondent
Strayer
0 Kudos

Murkan Plants One Tomato

My reader doesn't read yet and has no money.

If this was a print book, I'd glue a cookie on the cover.

Murkan Plants One Tomato