Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
Luciej
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Hello, everyone.

Well, first off, I'm very lost here. Can't seem to get a profile working as far as I know...

But I would very much like to introduce my books to both adult and young adult readers. 

I've had such a good time writing them, and I want very much to share them with all of you. 

Lifethread  is the first book in a YA trilogy and features McKenna Fin. Here's a link to the B & N page. 

Lifethread  

This week I'm doing a promotion with Free Book Friday. If you pop over and leave your name, you'll be entered in a drawing that takes place at the end of the week. 5 copies are up for grabs. The link is: http://goo.gl/Ms9o4

I'd love to hear your comments, what you like to read, what you want to read and can't find, or really, anything else. My website is luciejcharles@yahoo.com

Hope to hear from you. 

L. j. Charles

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Soul and Reincarnation: What Happens to Soul at the Time of Death

Soul and Reincarnation  

The views on soul and reincarnation vary from no such thing as a ‘soul’ to only humans possess a soul, to both humans and animals possess a soul, and that soul likewise dies when the physical body dies or that soul is immortal and never dies. All religions believe in the existence of SOUL in human body, but they differ in what happens after death. This manuscript searches for the truth. It provides alternate views using science and logic to questions that were perceived to be confusing and contradictory varying from faith to faith. We hope these will be more acceptable to our next generation of science and technology. It is written for those curious minds that like to explore the mystery of soul and reincarnation.

Dr. Dhillon has used the best of Eastern traditions and Western Scientific knowledge to expose the mystery of soul and reincarnation.

“There are many religions, but only
One Morality, One Truth, and One God.
The only Heaven is one of Conscious Life
And Fellowship with God.”

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Re: Print versions of all 3 Sedona O'Hala Mysteries on sale!

All three books in the Sedona O'Hala mystery series have been marked down to $8.63 !!!  (The ebook version are cheaper still, but hey, not everyone has a reader!)

Here's a link to the first:

Executive Lunch   Sedona is given the opportunity of a lifetime: play an up-and-coming executive with all the trappings of wealth with someone else footing the bill. The catch: find out who is stealing company funds before the criminals find out that their program is being debugged. Sedona runs into danger, the corporate glass ceiling, and an occasional chance at romance in her quest to figure out who is stealing money from Strandfrost. Unfortunately, Sedona is better at writing computer code than deciphering political vitriol, and if she doesn’t find a way to wade through the red tape and red herrings, she could lose both her job and her quarry! 

If you've read the first, check out book 2: Executive Retention  or book 3: Executive Sick Days  

Enjoy the sale!

Maria

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
New User
MysteryWriter7
0 Kudos

Re: Shadowbrook Manor and other titles new on the NOOK

Hello all!

My name is Shannon Bailey.  I am an author of contemporary/historical fiction with a bit of mystery and romance and always a twist!

While I am not new author, I am new to Barnes and Noble its communities and I'm here to announce my four titles that are now available on the Nook.

1.) SHADOWBROOK MANOR - A cont/hist/ghost tale. 

Rated WBD (Wholesome but Dark)

~Samantha Morgan's husband had a secret.

One that was revealed only after his death.

One that left her more angry than heartbroken.

One that led her to the historic Mackinac Island in Michigan.

To a dark house with a dark past . . . And haunted by a dark ghost.~

WARNING: Readers do not scour these pages for things that cause fear and fright. This is a tale of subtle ghostly happenings and romantic delight.

2.) THE HAUNTED HILLERMAN HOUSE - A cont/hist romance with a cozy mystery feel.

Rated WBD (Wholesome but DarK)

~Secret messages. Family secrets. A Halloween night trip to the family crypt.~

WARNING: Readers do not be fooled by the title of this book. It is not your typical horror story it is one with a hook. A complicated telling of love and romance, that led to murder from just one dance.

3.) THE UNWILLING - A dramatic romantic vampire saga.

RATED MSR (Mature Supernatural Romance)

~TWin Brothers. Both Twins. One good. One evil . . . One woman.

4.) HER KNIGHT WITH A SHINING STAR - A n old-fashioned western romance.

U.S. Marshal arrived in New Castle Colorado on business, but stayed for the promise of a mere kiss from the beautiful Renee McCoy.

For additional information, trivia, photos and excerpts on these titles and my next project, please feel free to visit www.baileysbooksonline.net. Or follow me on twitter @MysteryWriter7

Thank you and happy reading!

SB

New User
amandabixby
0 Kudos
New User
dandersonUT
0 Kudos

Wraith of Mars by D. James Anderson

Vampires are real and they came originally from Mars. Proof appears in the not too distant future for Dr. Steve London and the adventures and romantic episodes of his son Steven and a Vampire named Wyatt.

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Health, Happiness, & Longevity: Eastern and Western Approach

Health, Happiness, & Longevity  

“Health, Happiness, & Longevity” is a practical guide that includes a complete style of living, including diet, exercise and development of the mind’s powers: “Some people just keep jogging and running and don’t worry about what they eat. That won’t work.” There is well searched information on diet including various recipes to make sure that you eat healthy. The exercise and yoga poses are explained with excellent photographs. However, the book discusses that health is not just diet and exercise, “Health is as much mental as physical.” To be healthy and happy you must first alleviate stress. This in turn will bring longevity, a part of the title of “Health, Happiness and Longevity.”

“Health, Happiness, & Longevity” presents a fresh approach to “total-wellbeing” where author uses his knowledge of science from the West, and yoga, breathing and spirituality from the East. His unique qualifications include advanced degree in life sciences and molecular biology from Yale University in the West, and his earlier education and experience with yoga, breathing and spirituality from the East. He uses his knowledge to the fullest and truly presents a synthesis of Eastern and Western health-management approaches.

The author’s skillful use of scientific knowledge and eastern traditions makes this very different from reading a medical guide to keep us healthy and energetic. He gives scientific reasons to use yoga, meditation, breathing and spirituality not only as a natural approach to handle weight and stress but to empower yourself emotionally. A rare blend that combines science and ancient wisdom.

Easterner or Westerner, the reader will have a fresh perspective about handling the weight, nutrition, exercise and total wellbeing. It is easy to read book that changes your outlook towards health. It’s a book about health care and not disease care in contrast to multi-billion dollar government program called health care which in reality is a disease care program. This book is here to help you and save broken health care system.

The book provides various studies and statistics on “high cost of health” and suggests that health care is a necessity to handle disease care.

The author has put lot of efforts to create a blend of science and natural ways to stay healthy and energetic. But you don’t find miracles and supernatural powers which will be against his scientific training. Health, Happiness,& Longevity: Eastern and Western Approach is a practical guide that combines various eating habits, yogic and breathing approaches known for centuries to faith healers and health experts, and are now recognized by modern medical practitioners.

The book consists of nine chapters each representing an independent topic: The chapters precede by preface and introduction, and are followed by “Natural-Vegetarian Diet Recipes” and other Appendices A to E, Bibliography, and Information 'About the Author'.

“Health, Happiness, & Longevity: Eastern and Western Approach” is written in times of much needed Eastern-Western approach to global issues, where the modern-day reader can learn from the best of both worlds. Dr. Dhillon not only points out the weight and health-issues as a modern day problem, but provides logical solutions. So it’s a good source of information for handling weight and other health issues by yourself without going to expensive seminars, wellness centers, medical offices, spas, schools, or retirement centers.

Frequent Contributor
WalterParks
0 Kudos

Re: The Devil Takes the Bodies

For more information please visit http://UnknownTruths.com

The Devil Takes the Bodies by Walter Parks is based on a true story of the evil occurrence in Mississippi.

The Devil Takes the Bodies of dead women and girls just before they are buried.  The "half-breed" Indians living over in Itawamba County in Mississippi are suspected.  Most of the disappearances happened in that county and 3 in Monroe County.  This is the story of the ninth, tenth and eleventh incidents which occurred in Lee County.

It wasn't the suspected Indians.

Two young boys were among the first witnesses in Lee County.  Their curiosity and "running wild freedom" resulted in them seeing the Devil several times.  Eventually he takes them too.

The Devil continues his quests and eventually takes 11 dead women and girls.  And he winds up with the 11 plus 3 live children, the 2 boys and an 11 year old girl.

The ending of the story proves that evil existed in Mississippi early in the last century.

The story is told in the language of that era.

Walter Parks
UnknownTruths Publishing Co.
http://UnknownTruths.com
Frequent Contributor
WalterParks
0 Kudos

Re: Alligator Attack!

Alligator Attack!

It is based on a true story of a giant alligator that killed 3 people in Orlando, Florida.

We were watching old Tom show us his string of fish.  When he threw them back in the water the alligator grabbed them.  The boat rocked violently.  Tom fell overboard.  The Alligator got him.

We ran for help.  The Sheriff, his deputy, the game warden and my uncle brought me and my little brother back to the lake to search for old Tom and the alligator. 

I was 10 and my brother was 8 when it happened.

We had to wait until night so they could use flashlights to spot his reflecting eyes.  We motored around in the boat until we spotted him.

He came for us!

Walter Parks

Walter Parks
Frequent Contributor
WalterParks
0 Kudos

Re: The Devil Takes the Bodies

Alligator Attack!

It is based on a true story of a giant alligator that killed 3 people in Orlando, Florida.

We were watching old Tom show us his string of fish.  When he threw them back in the water the alligator grabbed them.  The boat rocked violently.  Tom fell overboard.  The Alligator got him.

We ran for help.  The Sheriff, his deputy, the game warden and my uncle brought me and my little brother back to the lake to search for old Tom and the alligator. 

I was 10 and my brother was 8 when it happened.

We had to wait until night so they could use flashlights to spot his reflecting eyes.  We motored around in the boat until we spotted him.

He came for us!

Walter Parks

Walter Parks