In Search of God: The God of Spirituality

IN SEARCH OF GOD  

Published: Feb. 08, 2011
Category: Non-Fiction » Inspiration » Spiritual inspiration
Words: 47523 (approximate)
Language: English

Now available in Printed Edition

Book Description

This guide provides fresh insight into the mysteries about God; and leaves us wiser, peaceful, and enlightened. God and spirit is no more another worldly belief in fate, luck, chance, or coincidence. The God is not in church, mosque or temple only that appears every Sunday. The God is in us 24-hours a day; and we’re capable of achieving union with God in this life by realizing the Divine within.

Author
bookloverSJ
0 Kudos

Dark Before Dawn by Stacy Juba

Dark Before Dawn  

My new young adult paranormal thriller Dark Before Dawn is now available discounted in paperback and is on sale for 99 cents for Nook. It's ideal for teens or for who adults who enjoy teen paranormal or YA mystery novels.

When ESP Spells D-A-N-G-E-R…
Dawn Christian has been psychic since she was seven years old and has always considered herself an outcast. Even her own mother discourages her talent, so Dawn has kept her abilities quiet and feared a lifetime of loneliness. When she gets involved with a fortuneteller and two teenage girls who share her mysterious perception, Dawn finally belongs to a group.

As her intuition strengthens, so does Dawn’s self esteem. However, when she learns her new friends may be tied to two bizarre murders, she has an important choice to make – continue developing the talent that makes her special, or challenge the only people who have ever accepted her. 

Reviews:
“I was truly taken with this book… It takes a great plot to really stump and throw the reader off and Juba did an awesome job of keeping me interested. This author is going on my favorites list and I can’t wait to read more of her books.” Shadow Kisses

“I love anything to do with psychics, fortune tellers, and teenagers who get themselves into scary situations and Dark Before Dawn didn’t disappoint me at all. This is a Young Adult novel but I can tell you that as an adult I was completely drawn into the story and anxious to see how it would all end…Stacy has an easy way of writing that draws you into her stories and keeps you there.” Peeking Between the Pages

To read an excerpt, please visit:

http://stacyjuba.com/blog/dark-before-dawn/

TWENTY-FIVE YEARS AGO TODAY, SINK OR SWIM, DARK BEFORE DAWN, & THE FLAG KEEPER
Now available in paperback and as bargain e-books
http://stacyjuba.com/blog/
Correspondent
AlmH
0 Kudos

Re: Taming The Golden Boys of Central High

Taming the Golden Boy 

DIARY of a TEEN PRODIGY   

Disclaimer:

This is not a story about vampires, werewolves, little green-bluish monsters from a far away distant galaxies chasing, hunting and killing off teenagers who are hiding out here on earth until some appointed time with destiny. Nor is this the love story of a regular girl or boy in love having a paranormal love affair with someone whose life depends on having to snack off of her/him. Ha, ha; my life is much more complicated than that. Hi, I’m Nevada Tate and you may have read the first two parts of my story about how my life suddenly changed when I transferred to middle America high school Central High and met the four most popular and richest guys in the school collectively known as: The Golden Boys of Central High. Btw…. The world won’t come to a sudden end if we don’t grow up; cuz growing up isn’t exactly optional.

eBooks by Alm Hlgh

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=book&ATH=Alm+Hlgh
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

The Power of Breathing

[ Edited ]

The Power of Breathing  

Published: Feb. 05, 2011
Category: Non-Fiction » Health and Well Being » Family health
Words: 72396 (approximate)

Now available in PRINT EDITION

Short Description

The most powerful book on breathing that not only explains what many people learn in expensive workshops and remote retreats but very personal routine the author follows. Several independent studies on breathing are given that confirm the practitioners of breathing techniques not only experience physical and mental comfort, but discover cures for illnesses such as asthma.

Frequent Contributor
UntreedReads
0 Kudos

WWII Coming-of-Age Tale: Harry's War by D. Edward Bradley

Harry's War  by D. Edward Bradley

In war-torn England, in September 1941, thirteen-year-old Harry Lockwood steps off the train and embarks on his new life at Markham College, a boys’ boarding school near London. With his father stationed in North Africa and his mother working in a munitions factory a hundred miles away, he is on his own.

Soon, Harry finds himself fighting for survival in a new world where the misuse of power by sadistic prefects creates a closed society ruled by fear and violence. As if this is not enough, Hitler’s bombardment of Britain with terrifying V1 flying bombs and V2 ballistic missiles threatens to destroy him.

Harry’s tale is one of lost innocence, of war, of loyalty and of love.

About Author D. Edward Bradley:

David Edward Bradley’s fascination with foreign places comes naturally. Conceived on the Dark Continent in the British Colony of Nigeria, where his father worked as a surveyor, he grew up in the 1930s. His most vivid childhood memory was seeing the menacing shadow of the Graff Zeppelin floating among the clouds, a portent of things to come.

When he was only four years old, his mother joined her husband in Africa. They were stranded there during much of the Second World War, leaving him with his grandmother. In 1943, his parents returned to England and David moved on to a Public School. It was in a similar location to that in Harry’s War, which is to some extent autobiographical. A number of David’s war-related experiences are real, but embellished to make them more exciting.

Mr. Bradley admits that his early career as a Research Physicist came about through an aptitude for repairing intricate mechanisms and a timely job at a laboratory engaged in the exciting new field of Electron Microscopy. After several years of ground-breaking research, he gained his MSc and PhD degrees in Microbiology at the University of Edinburgh, and satisfied his wanderlust by participating in scientific expeditions and conferences around the globe.

In 1974, Dr. Bradley immigrated to Canada where he worked at Memorial University of Newfoundland. There, at the easternmost edge of North America where the passage of years is marked by the southward migration of icebergs from Greenland, he continued his research in Microbiology. After retiring in 1995, D. Edward Bradley now devotes his time to writing fiction at his home in Kingston, Ontario.

http://www.untreedreads.com
http://www.facebook.com/UntreedReads
twitter.com/UntreedReads
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6507877-untreed-reads
Frequent Contributor
UntreedReads
0 Kudos

WWII Coming-of-Age Tale: Harry's War by D. Edward Bradley

In war-torn England, in September 1941, thirteen-year-old Harry Lockwood steps off the train and embarks on his new life at Markham College, a boys’ boarding school near London. With his father stationed in North Africa and his mother working in a munitions factory a hundred miles away, he is on his own.

Soon, Harry finds himself fighting for survival in a new world where the misuse of power by sadistic prefects creates a closed society ruled by fear and violence. As if this is not enough, Hitler’s bombardment of Britain with terrifying V1 flying bombs and V2 ballistic missiles threatens to destroy him.

Harry’s tale is one of lost innocence, of war, of loyalty and of love.

About Author D. Edward Bradley:

David Edward Bradley’s fascination with foreign places comes naturally. Conceived on the Dark Continent in the British Colony of Nigeria, where his father worked as a surveyor, he grew up in the 1930s. His most vivid childhood memory was seeing the menacing shadow of the Graff Zeppelin floating among the clouds, a portent of things to come.

When he was only four years old, his mother joined her husband in Africa. They were stranded there during much of the Second World War, leaving him with his grandmother. In 1943, his parents returned to England and David moved on to a Public School. It was in a similar location to that in Harry’s War, which is to some extent autobiographical. A number of David’s war-related experiences are real, but embellished to make them more exciting.

Mr. Bradley admits that his early career as a Research Physicist came about through an aptitude for repairing intricate mechanisms and a timely job at a laboratory engaged in the exciting new field of Electron Microscopy. After several years of ground-breaking research, he gained his MSc and PhD degrees in Microbiology at the University of Edinburgh, and satisfied his wanderlust by participating in scientific expeditions and conferences around the globe.

In 1974, Dr. Bradley immigrated to Canada where he worked at Memorial University of Newfoundland. There, at the easternmost edge of North America where the passage of years is marked by the southward migration of icebergs from Greenland, he continued his research in Microbiology. After retiring in 1995, D. Edward Bradley now devotes his time to writing fiction at his home in Kingston, Ontario.

http://www.untreedreads.com
http://www.facebook.com/UntreedReads
twitter.com/UntreedReads
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6507877-untreed-reads
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Science, Religion & Spirituality

Science, Religion & Spirituality  

Published: Feb. 05, 2011
Category: Non-Fiction » Inspiration » Spiritual inspiration
Words: 79263 (approximate)

Also available in printed edition at BN

Short Description

This guide will teach you to observe your mind, to live in gratitude, and to discard expectations. The benefits of focusing on your spiritual-self include tranquility, increased production, resurgence of vitality, mental clarity and joy of living. An understanding of “Science, Religion & Spirituality” will put you on a road to love and happiness irrespective of your faith

Frequent Contributor
John_Gaffield
0 Kudos

Re: Haunted House Novels for Nook

Here are two of my haunted house novels:

The Wahl House Curse 

Peter Corbin was in need of a change in his job as a realtor in a busy suburban community. A chance to transfer to a small town seemed to be what he and his wife Sarah needed. They purchased an old house for a bargain price, but with a troubled past. This proved to be something he would soon regret. The restless ghosts quickly made their presence known. (about 59,000 words).

Alone Again   

David Sutton struggled to understand what had changed once he and Emily moved into the old suburban house, which was remodeled after being abandoned for a several years. She had been an outgoing and happy person when she and David married. Emily was only a shadow of her former self. She had become withdrawn and heard voices in the house that she felt were trying to harm her. He was worried about her, but felt helpless to prevent the decline. A coworker of David's befriended him to help him cope. Eventually witnessing some strange occurrences in the house himself, he realized that Emily’s problems may not have just been in her mind.

Alone Again is about 43,000 words and contains some mature content.

A new free short story, Denning Swamp - A Short Ghost Story will be available soon. So stay tuned!

Thank you,

John

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

A New Look at Vegetarianism: Its Positive Effects on Health and Disease Control

A New Look at Vegetarianism 

Published: Feb. 16, 2011
Category: Non-Fiction » Health and Well Being » Dieting
Words: 32961 (approximate)

Short Description

“New Look at Vegetarianism” provides not only economical, cultural, biological and evolutionary aspect of vegetarian diets but also modern perspectives on health promotion and disease prevention. Vegetarians in general and vegans in particular should be concerned about balanced nutrition. Their children may require special attention and this book can help you raise a healthy vegetarian family.

Author
bookloverSJ
0 Kudos

Face-Off Juvenile and Teen Hockey Novel

Face-off (Book One)  

My classic family hockey novel Face-off (Book One)  is now available in paperback and for Nook. It is a great read for kids ages 9-16, both proficient and reluctant readers. I originally wrote the book when I was 16 and had it published when I was 18, back in 1992, and just brought it back for a new edition in time for the 20th anniversary. A few edits were made for today's young readers.

Head-to-Head, Skate-to-Skate, It’s Winner Takes All! What might have been a dream come true has turned into a nightmare. Brad’s twin brother T.J. has gotten himself out of the fancy prep school his father picked for him and into the public high school Brad attends. Now T.J., the bright light in his father’s eyes, is a shining new star on the hockey team where Brad once held the spotlight. And he’s testing his popularity with Brad’s friends, eyeing Brad’s girl and competing to be captain of the team. The whole school is rooting for a big double-strength win…not knowing that their twin hockey stars are heating up the ice for a winner takes all face-off.

Among its honors, the Hockey Hall of Fame’s Junior Education Program included the original book on its recommended reading list for the junior and intermediate levels and it was included in Best Books for Young Teen Readers: Grades 7-10 by John T. Gillespie. 

Reviews and snippets of fan letters from children and teens are on the Face-Off page of my web site:

http://stacyjuba.com/blog/face-off/ .

TWENTY-FIVE YEARS AGO TODAY, SINK OR SWIM, DARK BEFORE DAWN, & THE FLAG KEEPER
Now available in paperback and as bargain e-books
http://stacyjuba.com/blog/