Contributor
charles-weinblatt
0 Kudos

Jacob's Courage - New Review

Jacob's Courage: A Holocaust Love Story (Mazo Publishers, 2007, ISBN 978-965-7344-24-8) continues to capture powerful and encouraging reviews. Featured in four newpaper articles, Jacob's Courage has drawn positive reviews from readers, editors, publishers and Holocaust Center directors.

How would you feel if, at age seventeen, the government removed you from school, evicted you from your home, looted your bank account and took all of your family's possessions, prevented your parents from working and then deported you and your loved ones to a prison camp run by brutal taskmasters? How would you feel if you suddenly lost contact with everyone that you know and love? How would you feel if you were sent to the most frightening place in the history of humankind, and then forced to perform unspeakable acts of horror in order to remain alive?

Jacob’s Courage examines the dazzling beauty of passionate young love and enduring courage, in a lurid world where the innocent are brutally murdered. Seventeen year-old Austrians Jacob Silverman and Rachael Goldberg are deeply in love. When the Nazis arrive, they playfully tease them. Soon, they discover that the evil Third Reich is not amused, as they lose their homes, jobs, money and liberty. Follow them from their comfortable lives in beautiful Salzburg as they are forced into a decrepit ghetto, from there to Theresienstadt, where they become man and wife; and finally to Auschwitz-Birkenau, where Jacob's mother is sent to the gas chamber. Feel the exhilaration of escape and the horror of recapture.

Jacob is haunted by vivid dreams suggesting that his destiny lies in leading the innocent into a battle for their ultimate survival. Joining the Auschwitz orchestra, Jacob is forced play violin while watching the long lines of innocent families awaiting the gas chamber's untimely death. Tragedy after tragedy befalls the young Austrian couple and their families. Through it all, they have nothing to count on except love, courage and faith.

One editor described the novel as, “Gone with the Wind for The Holocaust.” A reader commented that it is “well researched, well thought out and thought provoking.” Yet another editor said, “The author maintains a driving, relentless pace as Jacob and his beloved Rachael try to escape the madness of Nazi Germany while maintaining their humanity.”

In the latest (November 2007) powerful review, a Holocaust Center director had this to say: "Though the book is epic in length and scope, Weinblatt’s characters and characterizations compel the reader to read onward. At the end of the read one feels both hope and admiration for the human spirit." She goes on to say, "It well fulfills the role of good historical fiction by giving the reader the experience of living through an historical event by depicting the many aspects of life at that time through the experiences of the central and secondary characters. First time author Weinblatt is very successful in this regard. His Holocaust is very real and very accurate in the descriptions of the locales and the conditions of existence of each setting. The people that populate the novel are not merely two dimensional archetypes or clichés but fully formed humans with frailties and shortcomings in addition to positive qualities."

Jacob's Courage was published by Mazo Publishers (Jerusalem) in March 2007 and is available through B&N here: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9789657344248&itm=1.

Charles S. Weinblatt
csw1@sev.org
Charles S. Weinblatt
Author: Jacob's Courage
Contributor
greysabyl
0 Kudos

Read Bittersweet Diary

[ Edited ]
Got Guts?

Could you handle living in the boiler room of a school...alone...at 5 yrs. old? There's only one young heroine that could...and live to tell about it. This is better than your sisters diary!

HAPPY READING!

Bittersweet Diary

Link added by Admin.

Message Edited by Jessica on 01-22-2008 01:16 PM
Author of Bittersweet Diary
Saundra Seward

Be The Example!
Distinguished Bibliophile
KathyS
0 Kudos

Re: Read Bittersweet Diary

greysabyl wrote:
Got Guts?
Could you handle living in the boiler room of a school...alone...at 5 yrs. old? There's only one young heroine that could...and live to tell about it. This is better than your sisters diary!

HAPPY READING!

Saundra, I see the elephant is in the room....now... "does" we find this book under, or over, the elephant? Or beside it? Do you have a website, or a reference, a link?....or do we hunt for the elephant, first...only knowing it is pink? Sounds intriguing! More?!

Kathy S.
Frequent Contributor
crucker
0 Kudos

Re: "Heaven At Its Best." (Dr. Clarence Rucker)

This tells of a romantic life well lived. (Before Solomon's exploits)
Song of Solomon is dealing with Solomon and the shulamite Maiden and is used and loved all over the humanities, the Song of Solomon sequence teaches the Bible’s endeavor for love relations. For singles and matrimonial couples, this allegorical learning follows Solomon's link from desirability to dating and courtship, matrimony and intimacy to resolving disagreement, keeping love living, and commitment to the closing stages. There is also a romantic relationship that rivaled, Solomon and the Shulamite Maiden. This love overwhelmed the imagination of the 5 senses and created a sixth sense called: "Heaven."

You will not put it down. BN presents it well.
CRuck
Frequent Contributor
crucker
0 Kudos

Re: "From Dust, To Life, To Power," (Dr Clarence Rucker)

Prayerfully, within 30 days, the first print of my new book, "From Dust, To Life, To Power"
should be (running from the printer)...smile... It is Biblical and coming from, Genesis 2:7, 'KJV' "And the LORD God formed man [of] the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
The Dust of the ground=Dust, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life=Life, and man became a living soul=Power. Through the Man, Woman was made the farthest from the Dust. We may find why some wish to stay in the dust and not wish to get up.
Dr Clarence Rucker (Author)
CRuck
Reader
Dee2910
0 Kudos

" Hang On To Me Mary " Robin Hunt (Author)

Robin was in the corporate for over 20 years when she got laid off. She decided to find a purpose in her life that seemed to be missing. She had been getting messages for over 10 years that she should be writing a book. She had all the messages but hadn't put them down on paper.She struggled with the thought of finding a new job or write these messages down and pass them on to others.As you can see the book won that struggle.

How can a little Angel have all the knowledge of the universe within her? Step inside the book and meet Mary and read what She says. Very powerful messages about how to change the world. She may even change yours. It is all so easy and you just have to ask! Robin did!

www.hangontomemary.com
New User
Dondiago
0 Kudos

"As I See It: From Down Here!" by: D.L. Ebert

Visit http://www.asiseeitbook.com

By his own admission, D. L. Ebert’s opinions are neither politically correct, verifiably accurate, nor based on indisputable facts. He does not offer references for further study or background for his thoughts. He promises to use exaggeration to make a point, and he’s not afraid to offend you. Ebert has things to say, and he says them here. Raw. Uncensored. Without apology.

In these provocative and controversial essays, Ebert tackles topics big and small—issues dominating today’s headlines, policies wrapped in red tape, and everyday irritations. He speculates on just about everything, from social security, immigration, global warming, and health care to fashion, the cable guy, asphalt, and stupidity.

In every essay, Ebert unabashedly shares his views and suggests unorthodox ways to fix what plague us. His goal: to be heard when being heard is often impossible.

Ebert goes to bat for the average guy. While his voice is both headstrong and unorthodox, it can’t help but be heard. Using Ebert’s ramblings as a catalyst, maybe you, too, will be heard.

AUTHOR BIO
D. L. Ebert is an “every man” with a background in mechanical design, art, photography, and music. He currently splits his time between Illinois and Las Vegas, contrasting the lifestyle of the Midwest and the Wild West throughout the year.

Purchase From B&N
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?ISBN=9780595473038
New User
manbirdangel
0 Kudos

Riding a Stallion!

Hi and thank you for opening this thread to new authors.
Since 1979, I have enjoyed my life as an artist, father and husband. My craft has earned me national recognition as a furnituremaker/designer. It has been my passion since my teenage years to experience a deeper, more authentic connection with our world. In 1991, I began to explore the nature of energy medicine and was trained as a Reiki master. I started my own healing practise and began to teach energy workshops. My work as an artist gave me the freedom to pursue a life as a healer and teacher. Today, I am the director of Ancient Wings and the Choosing Balance Program. I have written my first book that openly shares a conscious relationship I developed with archangel Michael. A relationship that is available to anyone.

Accomplishments:
Certified Usui Reiki Master and Polarity Therapist
Published in the Sedona Journal magazine
Featured in Woodwork Magazine, Fine Woodworking Design Book #5, Better Homes and Garden, American Bungalow, Old House Interiors and displayed in the Bellevue Art Museum.

Riding A Stallion / Igniting the Fire
"Residing within each of you is the very solution to your inner conflicts and the many challenges that face your planet. This presence has no agenda nor will it force itself upon you. She is the very Heart of Creation, patiently waiting for you to reclaim your spiritual heritage. It is our joy to serve this spiritual reunion by reminding you how to integrate this relationship into your day-to-day reality. Igniting a renewed sense of vitality, abundance and personal fulfillment."
The Family of Michael

In his first book, Robert Theiss openly shares his spiritual journey which led him to develop a conscious relationship with the Family of Archangel Michael. Riding a Stallion explores the power of joy, the value of being in receivership and a new love for self that reunites our soul with all of life.

Riding a Stallion
Lightworker Publications
ISBN# 978-1-928806-22-6
$16.95

Feel free to read a sample chapter at: http://ancientwings.com/products/index.php?product=000002. The book is available on my website, at local bookstores or it can be ordered from B&N if they don't stock it.

Thank you,
Robert Theiss
Contributor
Samahria_Ramsen

Read "Confessions of a High Lama" by Samahria Ramsen

Author’s Note

“Confessions of a High Lama” is a journey of love. We often take this journey without recognizing it; for most of us are caught up in the web of our daily mundane challenges of existence.

I wrote this book to awaken the dormant volcano of yearning to love that is aching to explode in most of us.

The path from the womb to the tomb is what we call life; and it must be exciting. Otherwise we have lived in vein.

In today’s world of audited love, starting with a dating service and planning a family, as we would plan our business or our jobs, we have truly lost the rapture of life. Instead, many of us have left the expectation of this rapture for a later time; and that is beyond the tomb.

I composed the “Confessions of a High Lama” to open the heart and to take a peak at our soul and acknowledge our soul mate in our imagination.

To fall in love is a heroic act. We metamorphose and transform our individuality and become a new person in union with our soul mate. We cease to exist and experience paradise right here in our mind.

There is a hero in each one of us. A hero gives up himself for a higher purpose, embraces it, and becomes transformed. You will experience your own heroic heart in your own individualized journey with the High Lama.

I trust that “Confessions…” will open up your mind and let the ecstasy pour out from your soul; and lead you to a serene spot, where you will cherish love and turmoil, lust and anguish; and where desire will blossom in your heart.

Samahria Ramsen
Samahria Ramsen, CEO
Omnilux Communications Inc. Publisher
www.samahriaramsen.com
Contributor
Samahria_Ramsen
0 Kudos

"Kiss of Karma" A Tale of a Yogi Who Fell in Love With a Courtesan by Samahria Ramsen

A Solution for Loneliness
and Feeling of Isolation in a Crowded World

"Kiss of Karma" is a delightful romantic story laced with intrigues.
It transports the reader into the Golden Era of India, of Gotama Buddha, the founder of Buddhism. There are regressions, dreams, and visions which made the heroes revisit their past to understand the present, and finally to end up in a remote lamasery nested in a conclave of the Himalayan Mountains where they meet their destiny.

The unfinished kiss haunts them and makes them come back to reconcile their intense feelings. What each of them ran away from two thousand years ago, they returned in this incarnation to realize that there is no escape from the iron grip of Karma. It will follow them life after life because there is no death.

They will willingly go through excruciatingly painful experiences, willingly sacrifice their lives for only one thing, love. And finally find what they have to do to complete the unfinished kiss.

This book is a saga for finding the truth and unveiling the mystery of existence. It is a spiritual allegory which gives solution for loneliness and feeling of isolation in a crowded world.
Samahria Ramsen, CEO
Omnilux Communications Inc. Publisher
www.samahriaramsen.com