0 Kudos

A Treasure of Great Spiritual Stories: Spirituality in Everyday Living

A TREASURE OF GREAT SPIRITUAL STORIES  

Published: Feb. 08, 2011
Words: 50029 (approximate)
Language: English

Now Available in Printed Edition under $10

Book description

This collection of spiritual stories and precepts supplement and buttress our moral sense, which is conscience or the spark within that tells us to do good. Learning spirituality is not simply philosophy and drama. It teaches us everyday behavior, whether controlling our tempers or appetites, or just watch TV. We learn spirituality the same way we learn math or play baseball -- through practice.

Frequent Contributor
UntreedReads
0 Kudos

Religion Meets Science In Daniel Friedmann’s THE GENESIS ONE CODE

The Genesis One Code  by Daniel Friedmann

Were the heavens and the earth created 6,000 years ago, as the Bible suggests? Or did the universe expand into existence nearly 14 billion years ago from a spontaneous “Big Bang”? Both dates cannot be right – or can they?

Imagine that there were some medieval manuscripts, written eight hundred years ago, that could help us decipher Genesis to pinpoint exactly when the universe began, as identified by our most up-to-date cosmological theories. Further, suppose that these same manuscripts could help us extract from Genesis the timelines for the development of life on Earth, precisely as identified by the latest scientific evidence from the fossil record.

The Genesis One Code offers a careful examination of the relationship between scientific theory and biblical teaching. The book targets the origins debate from a fresh perspective informed by scientific and spiritual research.

This exploration demonstrates an alignment between the dates of key events described in Genesis 1 and 2 with those derived from scientific theory and observation. This alignment provides a compelling perspective deserving of thoughtful consideration.

About Author Daniel Friedmann:

Daniel Friedmann is a professional engineer and holds a Master’s degree in Engineering Physics. He has 30 years’ experience in the space industry, having worked on projects in fifteen countries while throughout the decades conducting extensive research. The author has published more than one dozen peer-reviewed scientific papers on space industry topics. His personal interests include cosmology and Kabbalah studies.

http://www.untreedreads.com
http://www.facebook.com/UntreedReads
twitter.com/UntreedReads
http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6507877-untreed-reads
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Forever Young: How To Fight The Aging Process

FOREVER YOUNG  

Published: Feb. 08, 2011
Words: 41117 (approximate)

Now available in Printed Edition under $10

Book description

“Forever Young’ isn't just about adding years to your life or for seniors only. It's about functioning at peak capacity throughout life, feeling great, and being able to do things that make life worth living. It's about being biologically or functionally young, regardless of your chronological age. You will find not only scientific theories about aging but their safe application to stay young.

Frequent Contributor
ManleyPeterson
0 Kudos

Just Be Yourself, Zap

Brand new children's book for ages 4-8

Just Be Yourself, Zap

Zap wants to make friends at a new school. Will Zap regret ignoring his mother's advice of "just be yourself" or will the school children be impressed when Zap pretends to be someone he's not?

Read this book with your children and teach them a valuable lesson of always being true to themselves.

Featuring 32 original illustrations and over 450 words.

Available on Nook and other formats.

Just Be Yourself, Zap  

Manley Peterson

Manley's Bookshelf
manleypeterson.blogspot.com
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

The Power of Breathing

The Power of Breathing  

Published: Feb. 05, 2011
Words: 72396 (approximate)
Language:English

Now available in Printed Edition under $10; a discount of $3.60

short description

The most powerful book on breathing that not only explains what many people learn in expensive workshops and remote retreats but very personal routine the author follows. Several independent studies on breathing are given that confirm the practitioners of breathing techniques not only experience physical and mental comfort, but discover cures for illnesses such as asthma.

Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

Times of Trouble: a Christian fiction thriller

Times of Trouble is my newest novel, a Christian fiction thriller for $2.99. Paperback will be available soon.

Times of Trouble  

In the near future, the U.S. government has turned into a tyranny as the government agencies known as the EPA and TSA grow with ever more power, taking away the liberty many Americans had known for over two hundred years. They’re joined by a government agency, the Health Administration, which was put together in the mid-2010′s to regulate healthcare.

Told in first person point of view, Brian Atwood, our main character, is a field agent for the FBI in Omaha. His work involves mostly cyber terrorism and actual cases of potential real world terrorism. Eventually, his wife gives birth to their third child, who has Down’s Syndrome, which does not please the Health Administration because there are rules and regulations set-up in cases like these to prevent “genetic freaks” as they like to call them, from sucking up a lot of Health Admin money. Because the Atwoods are born again Christians, they never considered aborting the baby, so now the Health people have to take him away to deal with the problem later.

Meanwhile, the Secret Service decides to recruit Brian to be the personal agent of POTUS due to his great work involving a case that dealt with terrorism that would’ve involved Offutt Air Force Base. Brian’s faith is tested every day as he deals with a man that has no morals from what Brian can see, and is tested even more when his wife finds out that she’s dying from a fast growing form of breast cancer. Trouble in the rest of the world occurs as Iran attempts to nuke Israel, which fails spectacularly, so Israel takes care of the problem. This brings condemnation from everyone, including the US, which takes the side of Iran.

When the re-election of POTUS doesn’t turn out the way he wanted it, he and his people declare the election nullified because of supposed “irregularities” with the ballots. POTUS claims that the new President-elect may take the seat sometime in the middle of next year, if everything looks to be sorted out. POTUS purges his staff of what he considers unloyal people, including Brian. At the same time, he loses his wife, but regains the son he thought he had lost.

Brian moves back to his family home in Nebraska, where we follow what happens as the country slowly falls apart. Events play out as Brian and his family sees the End Times approach.

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Art of Stress-free Living: Eastern and Western Approach

Art of Stress-free Living  

Published: Feb. 07, 2011
Category: Nonfiction » Self-Improvement » Emotional healing
Words: 59165 (approximate)
Language:English

Ebook Short Description

This is a practical guide that combines stress treatment approaches recognized for centuries by faith healers and meditation experts, and are now accepted by modern medical practitioners. It can save you from going to expensive seminars and other programs offered in physicians' offices, spas, schools or retirement centers; because it provides relaxation techniques that you can follow yourself.

Contributor
JohnHarveyBlackArtsinSEA
0 Kudos

Black Arts in South East Asia - Adventures in Thailand, Laos and Cambodia by John Harvey

Black Arts in South East Asia, Adventures in Thailand, Laos, and Cambodia   

I certainly understand your post about it taking a long time to write a book. I had presumed I could write my book in about a year, before I began,  and it has taken my four years to complete, and quite some time to find a publisher who was willing to run with it.  My story is now available on NOOK, iTunes and Amazon.

Thank you for looking and please enjoy my travel adventure.

The adventure began as a story for only my few closest friends. However, it was through their feedback, that this wild and debaucherous true tale has risen to the public spotlight where it is today. For eight years I have been living and traveling in Thailand, Chiang Mai, the Indian Ocean, Kho Lipe, The Golden Triangle, Laos, Cambodia and Bangkok. The journey has quenched many of my thirsts for adventure, danger and excitement. This is the non fiction story of my travels.

Sincerely,  John Harvey

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

A Simple Solution to America's Weight Problem: Banish Belly and Lose Weight in Just 5 Minutes a Day

Nonfiction» Health, wellbeing, & medicine» Dieting 

Words: 44342 (approximate)

Now available in Printed Edition under $10

Short description

New & natural way to weight loss. Not another diet and vigorous exercise or some nutrient, vitamin, hormone, and drug that I am promoting. With child obesity at national emergency levels (that has involved first lady Michelle Obama now); it is time to treat those fat, unhealthy, undisciplined, drug infested bodies with a technique that works. This book is here to help you with that. Good Luck!

Contributor
JohnHarveyBlackArtsinSEA
0 Kudos

Re: Black Arts in South East Asia - Adventures in Thailand, Laos and Cambodia by John Harvey

Please excuse the error above where I wrote "my" instead of me.

I'm Very sorry.

My travel blog is here @ http://bainsea.blogspot.com/ and of course it is linked to my Book Page in Nook's e-Book section.  Please join the journey through South East Asia, and get a copy of my book to be a part of the adventure yourself. I won't let you down with this wild tale.