Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
srjohannes
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Hi everyone, I have two teen books out: Untraceable (ages 13- 18) and On The Bright Side (ages 10-15)

Untraceable is a teen wilderness thriller.

Grace grew up in the woods. When her forest ranger dad disappears on patrol, she fights town authorities, tribal officials, & nature to prove he’s alive. Torn between a hot boy and cute ex, she heads into the wilderness to find her dad. Soon, Grace is caught in a web of conspiracy, deception, and murder. It will take more than a compass and motorcycle for this tough heroine to save all she loves.

"This thrilling story is a dramatic entanglement of mystery, deception and teen romance. The action flows like a brisk mountain stream interspersed with rapids, holding suspense to last page." Kirkus Reviews

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/untraceable-s-r-johannes/1107789298

On the Bright Side is a tween paranormal adventure

Gabby is a disgruntled tween angel who has just been assigned to protect her school nemesis and ex-beffie. Problem is her ex-beffie is dating Gabby’s longtime crush. Instead of protecting Angela, Gabby pranks her (since when is sticking toilet paper to her shoe or spinach in her teeth a sin?) Soon, Gabby gets out of control and is put on probation by her SKYAgent, who has anger management issues of his own. Determined to right her wrongs, Gabby steals an ancient artifact that allows her to return to Earth for just one day. Without knowing, she kicks off a series of events and learns what can happen when you hate someone to death. 

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/on-the-bright-side-s-r-johannes/1108039879?ean=2940014031257

You can connect with me at SRjohannes.com :smileyhappy:

Off to look at the other great books out there! 

Contributor
FigureOfSpeech
0 Kudos

Re: The Weeping Empress by Sadie S. Forsythe

Hi there, always appreciate an opportunity to talk about my book. It's one of my favorite topics. 

The Weeping Empress  

Epic fantasy w/ YA crossover appeal

Chiyo Alglaeca was happy in her life. That is, until it was all taken away. Forced into notoriety, stalked by a mysterious cult, hunted by the emperor, and facing betrayal at every turn she clings to the only safety she can find: two enigmatic men and the sharp bringer of death, Salvation. The Weeping Empress explores the devastating effects of loss, the hunt for redemption, and the price of destiny. It questions the true meaning of evil and asks what monster is not also an innocent?

Available on Nook for only $0.99, as well as hardback and paperback.

Author bio:

Sadie Forsythe hails from the Southeastern United States, lives in Northwestern England, and is a fan of all things Japanese. She holds degrees in Anthropology/Comparative Religion, International Criminology, and Social Change. She loves local coffee shops, geek culture, everything bookish, and tea (steaming with milk and sweet iced). She is married with two daughters and an imaginary dog.

It has been rated 5 stars. I would be thrilled if you would read it and see if you agree. 

Contributor
Jack_Sussek
0 Kudos

Jack Sussek author of 'Manhattan Affair'

Hi! My name is Jack Sussek and I'm an author of a new mystery-thriller titled, 'Manhattan Affair'.

Manhattan Affair  - Available for $4.95 on the Nook (You can also get a copy of the first chapter for free on my website)

It's a tale of New York City nostalgia mixed with murder and sex, a world of secrets and lies which entwine the lives of three former New England college classmates: Jared “Jed” Chase, Steve Cahill, and Morris Bergman.

Kirkus Reviews says, "A smart, thrilling medley of twisted relationships, unrequited love and closely guarded secrets. A wickedly suspenseful thriller." 

I currently live in New York City and love exploring the city sharing pictures from the city on my Facebook page. You can find me on various social media and book club sites under my name.

Looking forward to sharing this book with you all, and hearing your feedback.

Web: ManhattanAffair.com (1st chapter free PDF download)

Twitter: www.twitter.com/JackSussek

Facebook: www.facebook.com/ManhattanAffair

Shelfari: www.shelfari.com/JackSussek

Goodreads: goodreads.com/jacksussek

Author of the latest fiction mystery-thriller: "Manhattan Affair"
New User
modernmanners
0 Kudos

"THE ME CHANGE...and The Modern Manners Advantage" by Anthony Beringen.

Anthony Beringen Rallies the “Me Change”

“THE ME CHANGE....AND THE MODERN MANNERS ADVANTAGE” is a handbook for navigating the maze of personal success.

PORT MACQUARIE, NSW – (Release Date Feb. 15th, 2012)

In today’s rapidly changing world immersed, there still exists the opportunity to take advantage of the - precious legacy of knowledge - the key to achieving personal success - left by those who have gone before. Anthony Beringen shares how to make the most out of such an opportunity in THE ME CHANGE....AND THE MODERN MANNERS ADVANTAGE.

Beringen defines the so-called “Me Change” as “a clever adjustment to your ‘inner’ thought processes to focus more clearly on what you can do better to cope with what’s happening in the chaotic, aggressive and digitally-enhanced world.” THE ME CHANGE....AND THE MODERN MANNERS ADVANTAGE is a well-stocked arsenal of intuitive and no-nonsense strategies for achieving this crucial change of direction and mindset and, ultimately, increased personal success. It aims to replace old, self-defeating habits with new and productive measures all designed to get one’s desired goals. In a humorous and light-hearted style, the author separates “manners” from “etiquette” and guides readers into the labyrinth of self-fulfillment. This is unique handbook that can be applied to various aspects of one’s life, from the boardroom to the relationship arena.

Timely and necessary, THE ME CHANGE....AND THE MODERN MANNERS ADVANTAGE paves the way for transitioning to a higher state of being socially effective and personally successful.

For more information on this book, interested parties can log on to www.barnesandnoble.com or visit THE ME CHANGE page on Facebook.

About the Author

Anthony Beringen is the founder and director of Modern Manners – the Art of Success, which is an accelerated learning and training organisation based in New South Wales, Australia. His career includes over twenty years of invaluable experience gained from working primarily in the service industry but he has been trained aspects of the entertainment industry. He has worked on TV in Tokyo, Japan, and speaks the Japanese language fluently. His other credits include qualifications in journalism and workplace training, as well as numerous other academic and sporting achievements.

Beringen has made his own ‘sea change’ and now lives in a picturesque seaside town on the Mid North Coast of New South Wales, Australia.

Also visit: www.modernmanners.com.au

Frequent Contributor
John_Gaffield
0 Kudos

Re: Ghost Story Novels for Nook!

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have two ghost story novels available for the Nook:

The Wahl House Curse is available for $2.99:

Peter Corbin was in need of a change in his job as a realtor in a busy suburban community. A chance to transfer to a small town seemed to be what he and his wife Sarah needed. They purchased an old house for a bargain price, but with a troubled past. This proved to be something he would soon regret. The restless ghosts quickly made their presence known. (about 59,000 words).

Alone Again  is available for $2.99:

David Sutton struggled to understand what had changed once he and Emily moved into the old suburban house, which was remodeled after being abandoned for a several years. She had been an outgoing and happy person when she and David married. Emily was only a shadow of her former self. She had become withdrawn and heard voices in the house that she felt were trying to harm her. He was worried about her, but felt helpless to prevent the decline. A coworker of David's befriended him to help him cope. Eventually witnessing some strange occurrences in the house himself, he realized that Emily’s problems may not have just been in her mind.

Alone Again is about 43,000 words and contains some mature content.

Thank you,

John

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Re:The Power of Breathing-Save $3.60 on printed edition now.

[ Edited ]

The Power of Breathing:

The Power of Breathing:smileyfrustrated:urprise. The printed edition is $3.60 off for under $10...

Short description

The most powerful book on breathing that not only explains what many people learn in expensive workshops and remote retreats but very personal routine the author follows. Several independent studies on breathing are given that confirm the practitioners of breathing techniques not only experience physical and mental comfort, but discover cures for illnesses such as asthma.

New User
Todd-Wheeler
0 Kudos

Garbageland by Todd Wheeler

Ladies and gentlemen, I am happy to present for your reading pleasure Garbageland:

Steve Quiroga is a teacher living in the suburbs of Los Angeles. When Steve
     loses his deferment from mandatory civil service, he is assigned to the largest
     landfill on earth. In Kansas.

Tamora Maddox is director of the landfill known as Garbageland. Fueled by
     coffee and ambition, she has to handle belligerent unions, Congressional inquiries,
     and dangerous cargos. But something more sinister is afoot and she suspects
     her boss is involved.

Facing double crossing ex-lovers, secret agents, and exploding airships, they
     manage to avoid disaster and stay true to what they believe in most.

Available for $1.99 at Barnes and Noble: http://bit.ly/GJM2Xk
http://todd-wheeler.com
http://madendeavorbooks.com
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

A Simple Solution to America's Weight Problem: Banish Belly and Lose Weight in Just 5 Minutes a Day

[ Edited ]

Nonfiction» Health, wellbeing, & medicine» Dieting 

Words: 44342 (approximate)
Language: English

Now available in Printed Edition under $10

Short description

New & natural way to weight loss. Not another diet and vigorous exercise or some nutrient, vitamin, hormone, and drug that I am promoting. With child obesity at national emergency levels (that has involved first lady Michelle Obama now); it is time to treat those fat, unhealthy, undisciplined, drug infested bodies with a technique that works. This book is here to help you with that. Good Luck!

Contributor
KCReaderAG
0 Kudos

Check Out This Quirky Mystery Thriller Series

Do you like mystery thrillers that are heavy on thrills, fun and quirky characters? If so, you're invited to visit the world of John Pilate. He's a nice guy (with an imaginary friend) who stumbles into trouble just about everywhere he goes.

Get in on the ground floor of this acclaimed series with the first two books, available in all ebook formats including Nook and paperback. Book three is coming in Autumn of 2012.

Check it out:

Book One

Pilate's Cross

John Pilate, his sardonic imaginary pal Simon and lovely instructor friend Kate investigate the decades-old mystery of a murdered college president--a mystery with loose ends to this day. In too deep to wash his hands of the mystery, he risks death to get to the truth of what really happened in 1963 and why it's just as deadly now.

Book Two

Pilate's Key

Life's A Beach for John Pilate…

On the mend from a near-death experience in the snowy Midwest, John Pilate is taking it easy on the sun-soaked beaches of Key West. Umbrella drink in hand, Pilate is writing a book and getting some much-needed therapy to deal with his imaginary friend Simon. He's also pondering the future with his new love, Kate. Life is looking up for John Pilate…until he is drawn into a world of murder, pirates, conch fritters and smart aleck remarks from invisible men.

He has blood on his hands, a mysterious poker chip in his pocket, shadows over his shoulder and a sexy cop in his bed. John Pilate is in trouble again--and the only way out is to find the key…Pilate's Key.

Book Three Pilate's Ghost coming in Autumn of 2012!

More info on our Facebook page or on the books' homepage.

On behalf of John Pilate, Simon and Kate, I hope you'll join us...

Thanks!

AlexGreenwood

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/j.-alexander-greenwood

J. Alexander Greenwood (But you can call me Al. Kidding. I prefer Alex.)

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/j.-alexander-greenwood
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Art of Stress-free Living: Eastern and Western Approach

Art of Stress-free Living  

Published: Feb. 07, 2011
Category: Nonfiction » Self-Improvement » Emotional healing
Words: 59165 (approximate)
Language:English

Book Short Description

This is a practical guide that combines stress treatment approaches recognized for centuries by faith healers and meditation experts, and are now accepted by modern medical practitioners. It can save you from going to expensive seminars and other programs offered in physicians' offices, spas, schools or retirement centers; because it provides relaxation techniques that you can follow yourself.