Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
MarionMathis
0 Kudos

The Tear of Ra, The Second Coming of 9/11, Marion Mathis

After I retired I had a lot of extra time. After doing a personal inventory of my experiences and background I decided to write a book. In school I was told that I should be a writer. My father was a plumber and as the story goes he steered me to a real man's job. I didn't even think about writing as I raised a family and worked. So here I am.

My Book is about a three pronged terrorist attack against the United States, larger in scope than the 9/11 attack. It has a strong romance angle as well. Here is something from the back cover that says it all.

"From the drug smugglers of Columbia to the shipyards of North Korea, and from the shores of the free world to the tomb of an Egyptian princess, the chase for freedom is on.

Over 50 and retired Brad Rominger was having a nice calm life when - without warning - 9/11 happened. Suddenly Brad found himself back into all that he left - becoming a "Spy for hire" for the CIA's newly formed organization committed to assassinating terrorist.

Shortly after Brad's return to duty, the CIA learns of a new attack being devised against the US mainland - rumored to be even bigger and more destructive than 9/11. But no one has any leads or information to act on. At least not until Brad and his girlfriend, Katrina, hire a high-priced call girl to gain information from a potential terrorist. Soon they're in possession of a valuable clue involving a stone called the Tear of Ra.

During their exhilarating journey for answers, Brad and his team pursue the Tear of Ra across Egypt, willfully trying to encroach on the terrorists, as clues rapidly unfold to reveal plans for the most destructive attacks ever against the United States.

In Marion Mathis's debut thriller, The Tear of Ra, The Second Coming of 9/11: A Brad Rominger Mystery, the clock ticks down to new Year's Eve as Brad's team tries to prevent several attacks on the United States. And as if terrorism wasn't enough of a challenge, Brad is also fighting for the love of his life, a woman who's fight for her family's safety keeps her at bay.

Will Brad win the fight for his country and his fight for true love? Or will the Tear of Ra tear his world, and his life, apart."

Brad Rominger, the main character, is surrounded by good people. The other characters are elevated in importance in the success of the mission. I tried to exemplify the individual work done by so many in the Government working to keep us safe. Even Divine providence plays a role in the outcome.

Love and evil in the Tear is like life. The characters are so busy living it they fail to realize what they have and how fragile and fleeting love can be. The evil that men do often ends in their downfall.  The evil has so much sway that men yielding it cannot help but submit to its siren call. If men were not driven to greed and revenge the outcome could have been different. So it is in my book. They are like actors on a stage playing out scenes they have no control over with endings not intended.

The exciting part of having written the Tear of Ra is not knowing what the outcome will be. I can truthfully say that selling the book is going to be harder than writing it. But then I am having fun living the experience.  As to its success that will depend on whether it is a good read or not.  If you read it I hope you enjoy it.

The book can be purchased at Barnes and Noble at:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-tear-of-ra-the-second-coming-of-9-11-marion-mathis/1108109466?ea...

Thanks, Marion Mathis

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

The Power of Breathing- On Sale now

[ Edited ]

The Power of Breathing:smileyfrustrated:urprise. The printed edition is on sale now...

Short description

The most powerful book on breathing that not only explains what many people learn in expensive workshops and remote retreats but very personal routine the author follows. Several independent studies on breathing are given that confirm the practitioners of breathing techniques not only experience physical and mental comfort, but discover cures for illnesses such as asthma.

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 527
Solutions: 41
0 Kudos

Re: Doughnut Rising

This message has been moved for violation of community guidelines.

Distinguished Correspondent
Seabreeze-1
0 Kudos

Re: The Power of Breathing- On Sale now

What a surprise - clicking on the link for the book takes me to the book's page on Amazon!

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Re: The Power of Breathing- On Sale now

[ Edited ]

The surprise was that it is on sale. My other books are not.....Thanks.

The Power of Breathing:smileyfrustrated:urprise. The printed edition is on sale now...

Short description

The most powerful book on breathing that not only explains what many people learn in expensive workshops and remote retreats but very personal routine the author follows. Several independent studies on breathing are given that confirm the practitioners of breathing techniques not only experience physical and mental comfort, but discover cures for illnesses such as asthma.

New User
caulbearer
0 Kudos

BORN WITH A VEIL, NOW WHAT?, Deidre Ann Banville

Amazing TRUE stories of a living caulbearer. Find out what all of the mystery is about with those born with a veil. Mine is a full veil, very rare, and still preserved after 70 years. There are over 40 different spiritual experiences, including miracles with witnesses in my book.  I am a normal person, just like you, only I was given the gift at birth of the veil, by God. I wrote my book mainly for other caulbearers who do not know how to embrace and use their God given gifts. Also, written for many who are curious as to who we are and what we do, spiritually.

This book brings out, at long last, from the dark shadows, secrets that have been kept for centuries and shines the true light on caulbearer's gifts. Mysterious, truthful, Godly,  and helpful to so many people looking for answers and signs from their deceased loved ones.

Crossing the veil is when the soul passes from this life to the afterlife. (Apparition message to Veronica)

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Art of Stress-free Living: Eastern and Western Approach

nonfiction>>Self-Improvement >> Emotional healing

Published: Feb. 07, 2011
Words: 59165 (approximate)
Language: English

Short description

This is a practical guide that combines stress treatment approaches recognized for centuries by faith healers and meditation experts, and are now accepted by modern medical practitioners. It can save you from going to expensive seminars and other programs offered in physicians' offices, spas, schools or retirement centers; because it provides relaxation techniques that you can follow yourself.

Reader 2
Shindaheen
0 Kudos

American Succubus - G.F. Skipworth

Rosslare Press is happy to announce the arrival of American Succubus, July 4th, 2012.

A marvelous example of horror gone wrong, American Succubus is a delightfully tongue-in-cheek, alternately serious and poignant commentary on what else? Men, women and the evolution of roles in society, with a twist and the kitchen sink of genres.

In one corner are the white succubi, devoted to protecting the men of Earth from a more sinister female society who views them as food (they haven't been out much since prehistoric times). If you've ever entered a boxing ring, played the Dvorak Cello Concerto, sailed the Atlantic or lifted a ballerina who was heavier than you expected (or know someone who has), this is critical information for you. Women, if you have a guy worth keeping, you'll need to know this. He can't face these critters alone.

"All right men, listen up! It doesn't matter if you're five or fifty, a fighter or fighter pilot, cello prodigy or ballet dancer. If you've ever been stalked by one of these things, lived with one, married one (heaven forbid) or picked a fight with one, you don't need me to explain the trouble you're in.!

"All right, Flipsy, show me everything you know about loving another person, everything. Well, come on, Flipsy, it's all right. I can take it. I'm an Empress!"

Skipworth's books are hard to peg. To get the underlying point, he'll take far-fetched to ridiculous extremes, but always brings you back having a good time. Come and meet the succubi as they really are!

American Succubus - 9780983760016

Thank you,

Rosslare Press/RAI

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 527
Solutions: 41
0 Kudos

Chocolate Lenin

This message has been moved to a more appropriate location. This helps to keep our boards organized.

New User
susancoryellauthor
0 Kudos

A RED, RED ROSE by SusanCoryell

[ Edited ]

Available for Nook, my just-published cozy mystery/Southern Gothic A RED, RED ROSE is mystery, history, romance and a ghost! A fun read for Civil War buffs, Virginians, paranormal lovers and anyone who loves a page-turning mystery. Also available on-line at B&N.

Susan Coryell has long been interested in culture and society in the South, where hard-felt, long-held feelings battle with modern ideas.  The ghosts slipped in, to her surprise.

Susan Coryell is the author of the award-winning young adult novel, Eaglebait. She lives at Smith Mountain Lake, Virginia.

www.susancoryellauthor.com

Aloha! SusanCoryell