Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
tjbrooks
0 Kudos

Off The Cracker by T. J. Brooks

Check out this funny, action, adventure!

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

The Power of Breathing

The Power of Breathing  

Also available in Paperback Edition

Short description

The most powerful book on breathing that not only explains what many people learn in expensive workshops and remote retreats but very personal routine the author follows. Several independent studies on breathing are given that confirm the practitioners of breathing techniques not only experience physical and mental comfort, but discover cures for illnesses such as asthma.

Review Title- Excellent Advice: ***** 5-Star review on Amazon By Suzanne White: Nobody much really knows how to breathe. This savvy book clues you in without boring you to tears. It's a terrific self-helper. SL -Paris.

New User
IvisBoDavis
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Hi, I am Ivis Bo Davis, author of the XTERRA Series of Sci-Fi novels.  There are currently two novels in the series Xterra Conspiracy (Book 1) and Xterra Escape (Book 2). These novels are available on B&N, Amazon, and iBooks, through my personal website ivisbodavis.com in paperback and ebook versions. I recommend beginning with Conspiracy as a first read.  You will also find many reviews on Goodreads and Amazon.

I love science and I attempt to draw on the most current of scientific discoveries and theories for my technologies, and scientific problems for my novels. That being said, I also use current social issues as they might be magnified by time, and my stories are an attempt to project a very real and possible future for mankind.  As difficult as it sounds, I would like my writings to integrate into a Future's History. I also do considerable research to ensure my BLOG is as accurate as possible. where I discuss current scientific and social issues pertaining to science.

THE STORYLINE OF XTERRA CONSPIRACY:

best science fiction books, science fiction novel

XTERRA Conspiracy
Book 1 of the XTERRA Series 

In his award winning novel, XTERRA Conspiracy, Ivis Bo Davis draws a picture of the planet Earth in its final crisis. Events beyond man’s power to solve threaten the existence of the planet. Mankind must send its children, and as many of the Earth species as possible on an interstellar voyage to a new planet. To prevent worldwide anarchy, an ultra-covert program is enacted to build six massive starships in hopes that mankind can seed the galaxy with colonies of humans.

Todd and Randy are young scientists selected for the first interstellar expedition. Their accidental discovery of a diabolical political conspiracy sets them on a lethal collision course with Earth’s power elite. 

They soon discover that wealth, intelligence, and determination aren't enough to survive… they’ll need someone of greater power to watch their back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Enjoy the read, and if possible, please take time to post your review of my work.  I would like to know what you think... and so would others.

Ivis Bo Davis
Published Novelist
Sci-Fi - XTERRA Series
http://www.ivisbodavis.com
New User
Diana11DK
0 Kudos

My newest book of poetry"Summer Love"

Hi, "Summer Love" is a collection of poems and thoughts written by inspired by Sandi in my last summercwith her before she died from cancer. Although, she had cancer, Sandi was very active and inspiring. I loved her greatly, and still think of her. The book is available as an e-book in English, Espanol, and Francais.
diana xoxo
New User
Ransomborn
0 Kudos

Hello fellow book enthusiasts...

I'm hoping to call myself a published author soon, and would like to get your feedback on my project below.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1169892740/the-templar-a-new-epic-novel

I've included a writing sample and other information. Constructive feedback appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Contributor
magnoliafaye
0 Kudos

Humorous Fiction...

DEAD PEOPLE'S THINGS  Just listed my new ebook.

A wickedly funny tale of three very different women as they embark on a road trip in a beat-up 1974 Winnebago to the Mississippi Gulf Coast. About to turn 50 years old, eccentric Emma Daye wants to escape the toxic polluted air of East Texas and breathe in the fresh air of Biloxi Beach that makes her feel better. Her niece, Lori Daye, needs a respite from mourning 3 failed marriages and her mother's recent death. Ellavil Clairmont, Emma's long time renter, wants a free ride to anywhere.

On their trek south, none of them expect to become involved in Reverend P. Abraham Truth's Freedom Hour  statewide anti-gambling campaign. They also never expect to meet and become friends with a wealthy Northern couple and two Amish girls on Rumspringa.  Even more surprises are in store for the trio when their hometown family doctor shows up at Captain Pinkies R.V. Resort and Laundromat where they are camped.  It seems the good doctor has a secret life that none of them are aware of. When Lori is kidnapped by a deranged funeral home director who is involved in a most unusual jewelry fencing scheme, her rescue  and its aftermath changes several lives.

Join this unlikely trio and share in their tears and joy as they find solace with themselves and each other.  DEAD PEOPLE'S THINGS is a laugh out loud journey that will wind its way into your funny bone.

Contributor
magnoliafaye
0 Kudos

Southern Humor...

DEAD PEOPLE'S THINGS 

A wickedly funny tale of three very different women as they embark on a road trip in a beat-up 1974 Winnebago to the Mississippi Gulf Coast. About to turn 50 years old, eccentric Emma Daye wants to escape the toxic polluted air of East Texas and breathe in the fresh air of Biloxi Beach that makes her feel better. Her niece, Lori Daye, needs a respite from mourning 3 failed marriages and her mother's recent death. Ellavil Clairmont, Emma's long time renter, wants a free ride to anywhere.

On their trek south, none of them expect to become involved in Reverend P. Abraham Truth's Freedom Hour  statewide anti-gambling campaign. They also never expect to meet and become friends with a wealthy Northern couple and two Amish girls on Rumspringa.  Even more surprises are in store for the trio when their hometown family doctor shows up at Captain Pinkies R.V. Resort and Laundromat where they are camped.  It seems the good doctor has a secret life that none of them are aware of. When Lori is kidnapped by a deranged funeral home director who is involved in a most unusual jewelry fencing scheme, her rescue  and its aftermath changes several lives.

Join this unlikely trio and share in their tears and joy as they find solace with themselves and each other.  DEAD PEOPLE'S THINGS is a laugh out loud journey that will wind its way into your funny bone.

Contributor
NookBookBunny
0 Kudos

Looking for a new Teen Fiction read?! Then here is your choice!

Chosen: The Angels of Soulstice is my new ebook novel and I'm trying to get the word out there! If your looking for something new and exciting to read (cause your really into Teen books like myself) then this is your choice! Here is the synopsis: A paranormal romance, that keeps you wanting more, Chosen is the first novel in a three part fallen angel trilogy. With the story line told from two points of view, no detail is left out. The scenery is based on the lush green state of Oregon, making the writing that much more picturesque. Set in the fictional towns of Brightwood and Everlast, Chosen, weaves the lives of two young teenagers who enter a fantasy world they never knew exsited. Karbon and her older brother, Liam, are your basic average teenagers. They have a close bond, more so after their Father’s death when they were younger. One afternoon, while visiting their Father’s grave a very strange man appears. Sullen. He boast that he knew their father very well and gives them an opportunity that he knows they cannot refuse. To become Angels. Karbon and Liam, hesitant at first, then take the chance. In turn they grow massive colorful wings. They leave their previous lives behind and live at Soulstice. The massive twisted tree the Angels call home. Karbon soon after meets another Angel, Kolten, who has a disheveled past and tells her she made the wrong choice. They are now fallen angels collecting souls for the Devil. One of Devil’s main Angels, Krimson, heartless and cold, loves tearing people’s souls from their flesh. She has it out for Karbon and her brother. Stricken by this choice Karbon and Liam refuse to do the Devil’s work. This ultimately leads to dire consequences for Karbon. Torn between the choice she has made and what her heart tells her she should do, Karbon has been chosen. Please show a fellow author some support and go out there and purchase! It's only $4.99! Just type in Chosen the Angels of Soulstice in the BarnesandNoble websites search bar and the Nook Book should POP up! Thank you so much!
New User
jdgleave
0 Kudos

Alexander Fisher and The Pariah's Tomb - by J.D.GLEAVE

[ Edited ]

For centuries, mankind has existed beneath the ever watchful gaze of a secret power. But for one boy, this secret was to become a stark reality.

The Pariah's Tomb is book one of an upcoming science fiction series featuring Alexander Fisher, a boy who undertakes a journey to discover who he was, who he is and who he is destined to become.

The book is currently available on Kindle and paperback.

I am, as of November 2012, a 28 year old man living in the beautiful countryside of West Yorkshire in a little town on the outskirts of Halifax.

Here, in the Pennines, is where I grew up and it is where I feel that I belong. My passion for writing has been with me since I can remember, it is what I was born to do. Genetically speaking.

This is my first endeavour into the exciting realm of publication. I simply hope to bring as much enjoyment to the reader as I experienced myself during the creation of this novel.

The first three chapters of my book can be read on the Kindle page and on my youtube account. I also have an Alexander Fisher Facebook page which is under construction.

Book 2 in the Alexander Fisher series is due in mid 2013!

New User
Sybilnelson
0 Kudos

Ain't No Sunshine by Leslie DuBois

This book has already been featured in two book clubs. It's great for discussion. 

$2.99 as ebook also available as paperback. 4.2 stars 105 ratings

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/aint-no-sunshine-leslie-dubois/1101224311?ean=2940013201675

Though it is against the law in 1960s Virginia, Stephen Phillips wants to marry his colored neighbor, Ruthie. Growing up in a physically abusive home, his love for Ruthie was the only thing that helped him survive. Instead of giving in to social and family prejudice, Stephen decides to fight for love. And it’s a fight that could lead to murder. Racism and revenge darken this psychological drama set against the backdrop of the segregated South.