Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
AshlynNH
0 Kudos

Flirting Under a Full Moon, by Ashlyn Chase (new series)

First book in the new Flirting with Fangs series will be out in April 2013. This is a spin off of the Strange Neighbors series, but each book is also a stand alone. All are light paranormal romances, full of fun.

Brandee has been dumped in every possible way, but by text message is the last straw. That's it--she's officially done with men. Unfortunately, she's just been told by a psychic that her soul mate is the drool-worthy hottie all her friends call One-Night Nick.

Nick has been searching for true love for one hundred years. Werewolves mate for life and he does not want to mess this up. As soon as he kisses Brandee, he knows she's the one. But how will he convince a woman who knows nothing about parnanormals that she's about to be bound to a werewolf forever?

Night Owl Romance Reviews gave Flriting Under a Full Moon 4.5 stars and reviewer's top pick!

http://www.ashlynchase.com

Plz rt:1st book in @GoddessAsh's new series is available for pre-order!

Flirting Under a Full Moon:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/flirting-under-a-full-moon-ashlyn-chase/1112689773?ean=9781402275692 http://www.amazon.com/Flirting-Under-Full-Ashlyn-Chase/dp/1402275692/ref=sr_1_20?ie=UTF8&qid=1350874...

Where there's fire, there's Ash
www.ashlynchase.com
Strange Neighbors series, available now
Flirting with Fangs series coming 4/2/2103
New User
Kevin599
0 Kudos

AFTER DAKOTA by Kevin Sharp

[ Edited ]

Are you a fan of movies like Fast Times at Ridgemont High, The Breakfast Club and Say Anything?

My book is categorized as Young Adult, but my goal was a story that anyone who is now - or has ever been - a teenager can enjoy.

Two of my most positive reviews have been from a 19 year old & an 85 year old!

===

download.jpg

1983. Newborn MTV. Cabbage Patch Kids. President Reagan. A U.S. – U.S.S.R. Cold War that threatens to go hot at any moment. Against this backdrop, three teens begin a year of change and turmoil following the sudden loss of one of their closest friends.

Dakota meant different things to Cameron, Bryce, and Claire. When she disappears in a plane crash, they each have to face their own mortality, along with the secrets they still carry about her.

"After Dakota is a gorgeously written and compelling novel by a major new writer.  Funny and moving in equal measure, this story brings you, heart and soul, into the lives of its three central characters, who have to figure out how to grow up in the face of a baffling loss.  A beautiful, wonderfully honest, engaging, and significant book."  

Harriet Chessman, author of Lydia Cassatt Reading the Morning Paper

My Website

Buy On Nook

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Re: A Simple Solution to America's Weight Problem

07-04-2012 08:58 AM

Nonfiction» Health, wellbeing, & medicine» Dieting 

Words: 44342 (approximate)
Language: English
Now available in Printed Edition under $10

Short description

New & natural way to weight loss. Not another diet and vigorous exercise or some nutrient, vitamin, hormone, and drug that I am promoting. With child obesity at national emergency levels (that has involved first lady Michelle Obama now); it is time to treat those fat, unhealthy, undisciplined, drug infested bodies with a technique that works. This book is here to help you with that. Good Luck!

Contributor
glc3
0 Kudos

Re: The Dead War Series Books 1 and 2.

Hi all my name is George Cook author of The Dead War Series. After a year I am happy to announce the release of my book for both the Nook & Kobo readers. Here's a brief synopsis:

The US Army doesn't run from any enemy, living......or dead!

In the year 2053 the dead walked. Mankind was caught off guard at first but within six years mounted a massive military assault on the dead.

These are the stories of some of those men and women that fought back. These are the stories of some trying to find a "cure". These are the stories of those that are just trying to survive the nightmare of the walking dead. These are the stories of those that caused The Dead War.

Buy The Dead War Series Book One for Nook:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-dead-war-series-george-l-cook-iii/1113275603?ean=2940015594508

Buy The Dead War Series Book Two for Nook:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-dead-war-series-book-two-george-l-cook-iii/1046151861?ean=294001...

New User
SusanMaryMalone
0 Kudos

What's Wrong with My Family? And How to Live Your Best Life Anyway

Family.  We all have one.  And with the many gifts they bring, along come at least a few lumps of coal—from some friction to downright anger and dysfunction. 

What’s a healthy family anyway?  What’s a toxic one?  Where is the middle ground? And how do you navigate your own family relationships to negotiate conflict resolution? 

What’s Wrong With My Family explores the problems stemming from even the healthiest to the most destructive ones.  Most important, it teaches what issues within you may arise from your own family of origin, and how you can heal from the wounds.  A book of hope, it shows that no matter where you came from, you can live your best life anyway.  

Gary and I are brother and sister, and this is our second book collaboration.  We had so much fun writing it!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/whats-wrong-with-my-family-and-how-to-live-your-best-life-anyway-md-...

Susan Mary Malone
Author of: What's Wrong with My Family?
By the Book (novel), BodySculpting: The Weisbeck Way; Fourth and Long; Five Keys to Understanding Men
See Malone's short stories, "Descent," "The Dream Delicious," "Illusion of the Heart" at Amazon.com/Shorts !
www.maloneeditorial.com
40 Malone-edited books have recently sold to Traditional publishers!
Mentor, WritersEducation.com
New User
Dixpixie
0 Kudos

The Life and Times of Bob Cratchit by Dixie Distler

The Life and Times of Bob Cratchit is a compelling, inspirational back story to the Charles Dickens classic, A Christmas Carol, focusing primarily on the life of Robert Cratchit, Scrooge’s clerk.

As he grows up facing poverty and hardship in both rural England and a squalid section of London, young Robert puts to practice the lessons learned from his insightful, coal mining father, Peter, to eventually become the man countless millions have loved to watch in the old and the new movie versions of A Christmas Carol, trotting about town with Tiny Tim on his shoulder.

In The Life and Times of Bob Cratchit, we witness Robert’s own personal odyssey and evolution, and follow him in his encounters with both challenging and inspiring circumstances, ultimately bringing him to be a key player—if not an unsung hero—in Ebenezer Scrooge’s miraculous transformation on that special Christmas morning.

Please follow my progress as I continue through the publication process by visiting my website at www.TheLifeAndTimesOfBobCratchit.com. From my website, you can go directly to my facebook page or pinterest page. Add a LIKE to my facebook while you're in the neighborhood :smileyhappy:

New User
tsjackson
0 Kudos

Re: Harletia: Rise of the King

When the Red Army invades Zoë James’ hometown, her sense of normal washes away with the blood coursing down the cobblestone streets. Upon discovering that her family is dead after the night’s assault, the girl set to graduate from secondary school and realize her dream of working for the Chief Minister abandons everything she’s ever known in the name of vengeance.

Armed with black market swords, worn boots, skeptical comrades, and hope, Zoë embarks on a journey that takes her far beyond the gates of her sector.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/harletia-tiara-jackson/1114757084?ean=2940016263564

Contributor
Donna_Fasano
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book! The Single Daddy Club Boxed Set!

(Does anyone read these plugs???) :smileytongue:

My newest release is a boxed set of all three Single Daddy Club Books. If you like sweet romance novels that focus on family relationships and finding true love, then this boxed set might be right up your alley. If you buy the boxed set, you'll save $2 over buying the books individually. I hope you'll try:

The Single Daddy Club Boxed Set  

Author of
Mountain Laurel, $2.99
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Mountain-Laurel/Donna-Clayton/e/2940012070777/?itm=1&USRI=mountain+laurel+clayton
and
The Merry-Go-Round, $2.99
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Merry-Go-Round/Donna-Fasano/e/2940000821954/?itm=1&USRI=the+merry-go-round+fasano
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!-Soul and Reincarnation

Soul and Reincarnation  

Short description

The views on soul and reincarnation vary from no such thing as a ‘soul’ to only humans possess a soul, to both humans and animals possess a soul, and that soul likewise dies when the physical body dies or that soul is immortal and never dies. All religions believe in the existence of SOUL in human body, but they differ in what happens after death. This manuscript searches for the truth.

Frequent Contributor
jessicaabruno
0 Kudos

Body Back: The Mother's Handbook to Medical, Physical and Emotional Well-Being, Heather Porter

[ Edited ]

Body Back  Thank you, Ms Porter for thinking and doing this type of book. At the same time shes currently working on another one of these for the non mothers. In which I can't wait to get my hands on them.

Jessica A Bruno (waybeyondfedup)