Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Ronnie_Ray_Jenkins
0 Kudos

The Flowers of Reminiscence

The Flowers of Reminiscence  The Flowers of Reminiscence is a journey of self discovery and mystery. She needs her memories to survive, and you will never forget her. When Nellie wakes in a nursing home more than a thousand miles from her West Virginia home, she can only wonder why and how she ended up there. A journal of pressed flowers seems to be all she has left. Can this journal heal her mind? Read by thousands, and highly reviewed, this novel promises to take you back to a time long forgotten.

The book trailer:

http://youtu.be/aX8OVBdcaxM

Ronnie Ray Jenkins
New User
AidanRalph
0 Kudos

The Rest and Be Thankful Part I by Aidan Ralph

Part 1 of “The Rest and Be Thankful”

Three worlds exist together; The Worlds of the Light and Dark and The Middle World, and Jack Tinderdale will become mixed up in the one of the biggest Wars between Worlds.

In Part I, Jack finds out about the three Worlds, that he is a Half-Breed; half Elf, half boy, and possesses powers he didn’t know about, or some he didn’t know about, and that his father is the Lismaen Secret Services most feared and renowned secret agent.  He gets to meet talking animals, Merpeople, Elves and many other unusual Beings, and learns that the most powerful magic comes from both technology and magic working together.

He and his best friend Obi, go on a journey which takes them from Scotland to Christmas City, the capital of Lismaen, in the World of the Light.  They travel through the Holes Between Worlds, join the Knights of the Light led by the Lord Arthurian and are recruited to help out, by the head of the secret service who looks just like Santa.

The World of the Light and The Middle World are being attacked and Jack Tinderdale, unbeknown to him, has something that might help save us all.

It's for sale on Amazon but not sure if I can put the link here as am new to this all.

Needless to say I hope you enjoy it and I would welcome feedback - Part II will be out February 2013

Kind regards and appreciated if you have a reda

Aidan Ralph

Contributor
Fithie
0 Kudos

A MINI-GUIDE TO FERRETS By William J. Mossop

I can certainly recommend this ebook to anyone interested in ferrets as pets, as it is quick and easy to read and is simply full of sound advice. It is also great value for money.

New User
TheFifthSister
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book! Fluffy, Funny, and Fabulous: A Tale of Five Sistesr

HEY EVERYONE..

My four sisters and I have written a book and we have been getting great reviews and feedback. 

Its about growing up in a small town...It's full of humor, serious stories, and celebrates family.

our website is www.thefivesisters.net if you want to check it out.

Hope you do and that you enjoy the read. We have heard from so many people that it has caused them to reminisce on their own families.

Contributor
Ronnie_Ray_Jenkins
0 Kudos

The Flowers of Reminiscence

The Flowers of Reminiscence  I was happy to be endorsed today, by Barbara Woodall, the author of It's Not My Mountain Anymore. This is what Barbara had to say about The Flowers of Reminiscence.

Author, Ronnie Ray Jenkins take readers inside Nellie Blue Bell’s homesick heart as she longs for her West Virginia homeland from the cold, dim walls of a Texas nursing home. 
The pain of family betrayal and loss of freedom is greater than her broken hip.  Like many of our elders, Nellie’s world of hope, sunshine and fresh air become gray and chilled.

A journal of pressed flowers is about the only fragrance left in her life. Memories sustain us and echo who we are.

Hope arrives in the eyes and hands of a nursing home aide who shares in Nellie’s ultimate victory.

The Flowers of Reminiscence  quickly pulls readers into realities experienced by our forsaken elders across the land.  Nellie’s bleeding heart and deep sense of place is felt on pages that hold readers captive even after the last page.  It really tugged at my heart as my own day approaches, for I too am married to the mountains of home.

A great read for 2013.

Ronnie Ray Jenkins
New User
Gab_normal
0 Kudos

Looking for support for authors first book!

A friend of mine is releasing his first book on the Wattpad.com website. I figured I'd reach out since I'm trying to gather support for him in any way possible. The information is below.

Please Check out a book a friend of mine wrote. His twitter is @FHCooper

http://www.wattpad.com/10500156-maybe-in-another-life?utm_source=email

Thanks

New User
chy983
0 Kudos

Cheyenne Moon by Cathy Keeton

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/cheyenne-moon-cathy-keeton/1111325810?ean=9781468907070

ROMANCE HEARTBREAK TRAGEDY TRIUMPH

This book is a page turner. Set aside time to open a bottle of wine, sit in your favorite spot and dive into a world of long ago, a different place and time.

Abby, a young teacher on the American frontier falls in love with a handsome Cheyenne brave. Shadow Spirit’s mother is a beautiful Irish redhead, his father a noble Chief

Shadow Spirit rescues Abbey from a perilous situation and certain death. Feelings grow, but adversity separates the star-crossed lovers.

What event from the past stands between Abby and Shadow Spirit, the man she desires, and loves with all her heart? Can they reunite and find lasting love despite the hardships life throws at them?

Cathy Keeton is the pen name of Paris, KY resident and first time author Cathy Wright. Ms.Keeton started this book as a form of escape. She was in an unhappy marriage and this story took her a way for a few minutes at a time. The only encouraged she received was from her then twelve year old niece. Thankfully her niece believed in Ms.Keeton not only as a writer, but as a person as well.As her niece grew up and went on her way, for Ms Keeton the commitment to this novel never wavered, but had to be put on the back burner as she raised her two sons. She worked a full time job and graduated college at the age of fifty-five.

New User
hollyed
0 Kudos

Dancing at the Shame Prom by Amy Ferris and Hollye Dexter

[ Edited ]

DASP cover final.jpg 

Dancing at the Shame Prom  

Shame is a powerful thing. It can weigh on your heart and mind, diminish your sense of self-worth, and impact the way you live in the world. But what happens when you share that secret burden?

Amy Ferris, Hollye Dexter, and the writers they brought together are all ready to let go of shame. In Dancing at the Shame Prom, twenty-seven extraordinary women—Samantha Dunn, Teresa Stack, Monica Holloway, Nina Burleigh, Amy Friedman, Meredith Resnick, Victoria Zackheim, and more—take the plunge and say “yes” to sharing their stories. These brave writers, journalists, musicians, artists, directors, and activists have offered up their most funny, sad, poignant, miraculous, life-changing, and jaw-dropping secrets for you to gawk at, empathize with, and learn from—in the hopes that they will inspire others to do the same. Letting go feels good!

Freeing, provocative, and audacious, Dancing at the Shame Prom is about flaunting the secrets that have made you feel small so that you can stand up straight, let the shame go, and finally—decisively—move on with your life.

Amy Ferris and Hollye Dexter are both authors of memoirs, champions of women and of the human spirit in general. As writers and workshop leaders, our goal is to eradicate shame from the planet, that every man and woman would stand proud in who they are.

We'd love for you to read our book and are happy to participate with book clubs- by Skype, twitter chats, book giveaways... Bring your ideas to us and let's brainstorm.

Hope to meet you soon,

Hollye Dexter and Amy Ferris

www.theshameprom.com

Dancing at the Shame Prom  

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 525
Solutions: 41
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

This message has been moved for Violation of Community Guidelines.

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 525
Solutions: 41
0 Kudos

Emerald Ibis by Susan Dunmore

This message has been moved for Violation of Community Guidelines.