Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
jessicaabruno
0 Kudos

Re: Body Back: The Mother's Handbook to Medical, Physical and Emotional Well-Being, Heather Porter

Back with my somewhat of a review of this particular book, the author, and etc.  Basically, have mixed feelings on it.  I felt both the book and author had it their good and bad qualities.  At the same time would love if the author of it would have done more of though learning and researching in regards to all of this. Not just in this particular area, but others and etc.  Because I do know for a fact theres even more to all of this. It includes men, children, babies, and etc.  Especially, looking into both the alternative, mainstream, and etc lifestyles.  In which she incorporates into her next book/s because I'm really passionate about all of these rights and issues.  Including all living things and etc.

Think thats it for now

Jessica A Bruno (waybeyondfedup)
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Re: Science, Religion & Spirituality

Science, Religion and Spirituality  
Short description

This guide will teach you to observe your mind, to live in gratitude, and to discard expectations. The benefits of focusing on your spiritual-self include tranquility, increased production, resurgence of vitality, mental clarity and joy of living. An understanding of “Science, Religion & Spirituality” will put you on a road to love and happiness irrespective of your faith

NOTE: "Art of Stress-Free Living" Printed Edition that is available for $9.84 only compared to earlier publication price between $20--$50.

New User
RCALLEN
0 Kudos

Bonfire Confessions of the **A$$hole** Club, by R. C. Allen

[ Edited ]

Hello!!! For anyone who likes a good, curled up around the fire type of novel, please give "Bonfire Confessions" a try. In the vein of "The Prince of Tides," or 'The Ya-Ya Sisterhood," it actually takes place in the very real town of Muncie, Indiana. Four strangers meet on a long bus ride, and three interrupt their plans to join Dan in his quest to fix up his parents' home, after they are brutally murdered. Days are spent fixing up the old place, and at night, over a series of bonfire confessions, his new friends purge themselves of the secrets that have made each an outcast from their friends and family. As for Dan, he not only has to confront the tragedy he had buried for years since his childhood, he must decide whether to try again to make a go of it in his hometown, or return to the wife who no longer seems to want him.

"Bonfire Confessions of the **bleep** Club" can be found at Bonfire Confessions of the **bleep** Club or through the author's web page: http://www.rcallenwriting.com

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!-Soul and Reincarnation

drdln wrote:

Soul and Reincarnation  

Short description

The views on soul and reincarnation vary from no such thing as a ‘soul’ to only humans possess a soul, to both humans and animals possess a soul, and that soul likewise dies when the physical body dies or that soul is immortal and never dies. All religions believe in the existence of SOUL in human body, but they differ in what happens after death. This manuscript searches for the truth.

NOTE: "Soul and Reincarnation" is available in printed edition now.

Contributor
burningbush75
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

I have a new book on nook "The Verdict Of a Closed Case" I would like to know your thoughts!! kinda new at this
burningbush75!
Contributor
burningbush75
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!/ The Verdict Of A Closed Case

You are so correct.My first book is keeping me busy all the time.Any author who thinks they are just going to make it to the top in a few days or months.Are being fooled. The reality is!!! Work-work- and more work. Then when that is considered finished there is a new beginning..

burningbush75!
New User
groveite
0 Kudos

Casualties of the (Recession) Depression by Heather Joan Marinos

"Has economic activity returned to close to normal levels?"

Did the "Great Recession" really end in June 2009?

Is the American economy in a recession, a depression,

or on the road to recovery?

Do our political leaders and economists truly believe what they are saying, or are they deluging us with "feel-good" marketing rhetoric?

In her own evocative and mince-no-words style, Heather Joan Marinos argues that American economic activity has not returned to close to normal levels.

Through a writer's lens, we catch a glimpse of some of the poignant moments in the lives of the people most affected by this economic downturn ― the middle class.  Heather takes the reader on an American odyssey from 2006 to the present day, through a collection of vignettes and scenes, and some passionate commentary along the way.

It is, after all, the people who tell the real story of our economy.  Their challenges and triumphs are not rhetoric. Their resilience and humanity is what gives us hope for a prosperous and triumphant future.

_____

AUTHOR'S WEBSITE:  https://heatherjoanmarinos.com/Home_Page.php

B&N:  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/casualties-of-the-heather-joan-marinos/1114878481?ean=9780988755901

Heather Joan
New User
sandragSG
0 Kudos

new novel

Hello- I have stopped by to recommed my own nove, Chronicle of Jongleur, The Storyteller.  Please consider this historical fiction epic set in 13th century Britain and Europe.  Four generations of one family descended from Mary Magdalene.  I t took me a year to give a good historical  ackground to this tale of the inquisitions.  My characters are charming and compelling.  The storyline is contoversial and thought provoking.  I decided to go right to the readers for reviews.  You won't soon forget the characters or the story. Jongleur is a young man on a mission and he takes the reader on a memorable trip through Europe with him, meeting knights, kings, and the Doge of Venice.  You will want to hold on to the heroes and attack the villains.  Thank you for considering my novel and happy reading!.

Reader
csloat
0 Kudos

The Brown House by Christy Sloat

"A chilling true tale woven for Young Adult readers"

Brylee Branson begrudgingly made the excruciating move with her family from the warm sandy beaches of California to small town living in New Jersey. As if she wasn’t miserable enough, they’ve moved into a creepy old house that everyone in the area claims is haunted. Brylee dismisses the idea of ghosts and hauntings, until she begins to see and hear things that can’t be explained…

Brylee has no choice but to seek the help of new friends to unlock the secrets of this place she now calls home. But some secrets should never be revealed. Can the teens find a way to release the spirits imprisoned within the walls? Or will the curse claim them, too?

YES this book was written about a REAL house in New Jersey. I happen to be married to the original owner of the home. So after years of hearing his stories I wrote The Brown House. Check out my website: www.christysloat.com for news on the next book in this series and my other books. My books are available everywhere and yes in stores as well. Thank you!! http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/christy-sloat

www.christysloat.com
New User
kwameprescod
0 Kudos

Papa's Letters by Judith C. Lovell

CAN YOU IMAGINE A TIME WHEN THERE WERE NO EMAILS, TWEETS OR TEXTS AND THE ONLY WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW YOU FELT WAS THROUGH A LOVE LETTER? THIS SPRING, INDLUGE IN A TRUE AND OLD FASHION LOVE STORY THAT BEGAN IN BROOKLYN OVER A CENTURY AGO. PAPA’S LETTERS: LOVE VIA FIRST CLASS MALE IS A ROMANTIC, FUNNY AND INSPIRING READ!

http://www.papasletters.com

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/papas-letters-judith-c-lovell/1114127426?ean=9781477299777