New User
matthewbam
0 Kudos

Learn Basic Photography at the Same Time as HDR

New book about HDR photography at http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/beginning-hdr-photography-matthew-bamberg/1107824091

Matthew Bamberg was born in Miami. His mother, a writer, and father, a CPA, were New Yorkers who moved to Florida to escape the brutal Northeastern winters.

After graduating Coral Gables High School, Bamberg attended Miami Dade College and Florida State University. During that time he worked as a meteorologist. In 1980 he moved to California to attend San Francisco State University and became a public school teacher. After teaching for 14 years, Bamberg went back to school get a masters degree. He studied art and technology education.

In the late 1990s, Bamberg moved to Palm Springs to become a writer and university professor. His writing career began with a series of articles for the alternative paper, the "Desert Post Weekly." His writing focuses on popular culture: essays about topics from the Santa Cruz, California surf culture to the mid-century modern architecture revival around the world. Curious by light striking his lens (direct and bold or soft and willowy) and the sounds (especially of the shutter opening and closing), he struck a relationship first with film and then, like so many, with the digital camera's sensor.

Bamberg has authored a number of photography books, including his latest, "New Image Frontiers--Defining the Future of Photography." Aside from writing about f-stops, shutter speeds, and the fabulous job the digital camera manufacturers have done that permit photographers to take almost noiseless pictures in the dark at high ISO speeds, Matt teaches education courses at National University and writing courses at the University of Phoenix.

New User
Raul_C
0 Kudos

New Author, New Stories - Raul Cavazos

g2115-128x204.jpg

GENERATIONS 2115  – A science fiction romance and adventure story. If this story were a movie, it would be characterized as a 'date movie'. It's a relatively fast paced story that has something for her and something for him.

MRCM-4-128x204.jpg

MARS RESEARCH COLONY MURDERS – A science fiction murder/mystery. It borrows the story-world of GENERATIONS 2115. In a time and place where no murder has ever occurred, two happen in the span of a few days.

These stories are my first published works (and unpublished for that matter). I can now check off this box on my bucket-list. :smileywink:

As is undoubtedly obvious, both stories are cross-genre (multi-genre?). I like science fiction, so I it was natural for me to start there. For more information about my stories and about me, please visit my website at: www.raulc.me (raul-c-dot-me).

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!-Soul and Reincarnation

Soul and Reincarnation  

Short description

The views on soul and reincarnation vary from no such thing as a ‘soul’ to only humans possess a soul, to both humans and animals possess a soul, and that soul likewise dies when the physical body dies or that soul is immortal and never dies. All religions believe in the existence of SOUL in human body, but they differ in what happens after death. This manuscript searches for the truth.

NOTE: "Soul and Reincarnation" is available in printed edition now.

New User
Niesgirl
0 Kudos

Julia Child Rules: Lessons on Savoring Life by Karen Karbo

Julia Child Rules: Lessons on Savoring Life

Many of us have dog-eared copies of Mastering the Art of French Cooking in our kitchens or fondly remember watching episodes of The French Chef, but what was behind the enormous appeal of this ungainly, unlikely woman, who became a superstar in midlife and changed our approach to food and cooking forever?

In the spirit of The Gospel According to Coco Chanel and How Georgia Became O'Keeffe,  Julia Child Rules dissects the life of the sunny, unpretentious chef, author, cooking show star, and bon vivant, with an eye towards learning how we, too, can savor life.

Read an excerpt - Rule #1 - Live with Abandon.

My website: www.karenkarbo.com

Julia Child Rules is available for pre-order from Barnes & Noble here: Julia Child Rules Pre-order here.

About me: Karbo is most well known for her best-selling Kick Ass Women series, the most recent of which is How Georgia Became O'Keeffe, published in 2011. How to Hepburn, published in 2007, was hailed by the Philadelphia Inquirer as "an exuberant celebration of a great original."  The Gospel According to Coco Chanel appeared in 2009, and went on to become an international bestseller. Next up: Julia Child Rules, appearing in October 2013.

New User
SDrivick
0 Kudos

Sometimes We Ran by Stephen Drivick

[ Edited ]

Our hero had it all: A great job, a beautiful wife, and even a nice car. As he approached middle age all the comforts of a fantastic life were within reach.

Then the zombies came, destroyed the world, and it all disappeared in a flash.

Now he walks in a shattered world filled with hungry undead, dead towns, and desperate survivors. He is low on supplies, running out of time, and with slim hope of long-term survival.

His long walk to escape the dead is slowly becoming a death march.

Then one day he meets another survivor. A young, starving former college co-ed walking the other way.

This is their story.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/sometimes-we-ran-stephen-drivick/1115464470?ean=2940016764320&isbn=2...

Thanks for reading. I am honored to be part of the NOOK community. Catch me on Twitter:  https://twitter.com/StephenDrivick

Contributor
burningbush75
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

The Verdict Of A Closed Case"   You will enjoy a true life experience from the deep southland to this present time. The struggle and culture of time and places that tore apart out relationship in search to bring it together again..We americans must cope with a new soceity to heal our indifferences while appriciating our differneces. You can order this book from www.xulonPress.com or call 1-866-381-2665 in paperback..Also in all Barnes and Noble outlets shelves..and other book stores and www.christianbook.com

burningbush75!
Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!-The Power of Breathing

The Power of Breathing

The Power of Breathing  

Also available in Paperback Edition

Short description

The most powerful book on breathing that not only explains what many people learn in expensive workshops and remote retreats but very personal routine the author follows. Several independent studies on breathing are given that confirm the practitioners of breathing techniques not only experience physical and mental comfort, but discover cures for illnesses such as asthma.

Review Title- Excellent Advice: ***** 5-Star review on Amazon By Suzanne White: Nobody much really knows how to breathe. This savvy book clues you in without boring you to tears. It's a terrific self-helper. SL -Paris.

New User
Steph_Gardner
0 Kudos

Mastermind by Dmitry Arbuck

Through easy and captivating reading, this book promotes leadership, self-confidence and success in life. 

You can change yourself; all you need are the tools.

Braiding together true human dramas, a gentle introduction to brain sciences, and a set of lessons based on simple mind and body exercises’; Mastermind puts you in the pilot’s seat of your life.  What you can do for yourself matters more than what medications, gurus, or talk-therapy can do to you.

The author, Dr. Dmitry Arbuck completed his residency in Psychiatry at Indiana University School of Medicine.  Upon completion of his continued studies, Dr. Arbuck started a pain management facility, which grew to become one of the most comprehensive pain management facilities in the U.S. He is certified  by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and the American Academy of Pain Management.

http://www.mastermindmethod.com/

A truly incredible book! :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

New To Nook - Times of Turmoil

New release to Nook - Times of Turmoil

Times of Turmoil  

In this prequel to Times of Trouble and Times of Trial, we follow how the Evans family gained their riches and eventually their power to influence events in the United States. We see important events that the Evans family gets themselves involved in: such as the return of the Israelites to Israel, the assassination of President Kennedy, the terrorism of 9/11, and eventually events that lead to government tyranny in the United States with the sole purpose of destroying Christianity and its influence in the United States.

The novel also follows the Atwood family, starting with the Great-Grandfather of Brian, Charles, as he fights in World War Two and ends up helping liberate Buchenwald shortly near the end of the war. Charles returns to the States and gets married to the love of his life, Betty. Eventually, the family ends up in Delaney, Nebraska, where we watch Aaron, the father of Brian, join the Army to fight the Taliban in Afghanistan after 9/11. Later on, we get to see how Brian and Lynda finally get together and get married.

Inspired Contributor
drdln
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book! "Simple Solution to Weight Problem.."

Nonfiction» Health, wellbeing, & medicine» Dieting 

Words: 44342 (approximate)
Language: English
Now available in Printed Edition under $10

Short description

New & natural way to weight loss. Not another diet and vigorous exercise or some nutrient, vitamin, hormone, and drug that I am promoting. With child obesity at national emergency levels (that has involved first lady Michelle Obama now); it is time to treat those fat, unhealthy, undisciplined, drug infested bodies with a technique that works. This book is here to help you with that. Good Luck!