Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
mom2
0 Kudos

Re: Good books for a 9 year old boy.

Thanks for the books suggestion, I will check that out..
Reader
disneysfan
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I would also recommend a couple of books by Ridely Pearson.

Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dark

Kingdom Keepers II: Disney At Dawn (Available Aug. 26th)

A couple of mystery books focused in WDW.

Steel Trapp  is another mystery book about a young kid who has a photographic memory. One day he finds a briefcase and tries to find out who it belongs to, but he accidentally sees something inside it that could change his plans. He is in the process of releasing the second chapter.

He also co-writes the Peter and the Starcatchers Trilogy with Dave Barry! It's a series of books based on the story of Peter Pan. They are quite interesting.

One more book I would recommend, is called Nick of Time by Ted Bell. It's a story about a young book named Nick who wants to become a hero. This book ties in time travel, sea adventures, a mystery, and ties in a little history. I think it would be enjoyable.

I hope any of these books catch your interested. I know I enjoyed reading them. I am also patiently waiting for the 5th Percy Jackson book! I believe it should be released soon.

Message Edited by disneysfan on 08-05-2008 09:16 AM
New User
DarinWilliams
0 Kudos

Re:The Lemurian by Darin Williams

I am thrilled to offer my newest novel to you, titled 'The Lemurian'.  It was published just this past July 2008, and am delighted to have recieved many exciting e-mails from readers all over the globe!

ISBN 978-1-4327-2803-8

www.outskirtspress.com/thelemurian

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Lemurian/Darin-Williams/e/9781432728038/?itm=1

Based on the legends of the ancient civilization of Lemuria

The Lemurian is a fantastic tale about Mya, a successful young professional woman that is thrust into a hidden world of mystery, intrigue and adventure. She knows nothing of her true ancestry, but unexpectedly finds herself face to face with a purposely hidden culture. You will quickly find yourself pleasantly immersed in her amazing journey and wonder...could this be you? Or someone you know? Open your mind and ignite your imagination as you meet The Lemurian!

New User
Golfbook_Author
0 Kudos

New Golf Book

I noticed in viewing this discussion area that authors are encouraged to participate.  I've never participated in a forum like this before, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Anyway, I have recently published a new golf book, The Round of a Lifetime, and obviously encourage anyone and everyone to give it a read.  I'm proud of this story because of the personal connection it has to me, and I know with golf as the main focus of this book those who love the game of golf will enjoy this book.  However, it is also worth noting the story is one, I feel, the non-golfer will appreciate.

Please feel free to post your comments, questions, etc. to me here regarding my book.  I look forward to engaging in your discussions.

New User
mom2
0 Kudos

Hello disneysfan,

Thanks for the suggestions, I will definitely check these titles out..

Thanks,

mom2 

New User
jojoe26
0 Kudos

Re: Re:The Lemurian by Darin Williams

Hi Darin,

Your book sound interesting.  I'll give it a look.  I also have just published a novel, The Chosen Few. It is based on an actual discovery made over twenty-five years ago. It is on Amazon.com and until last night was on Barnes and Noble. For some unknown reason it disappeared from the web site. My publisher is checking on it.  The Chosen Few is my second novel.  My first one is Bloodlines.  It is about a woman running for president (No, not that one!)

who harbors a dark secret from her past that threatens to come to light.  If it does, it would ruin her quest for the White House.  She is determined, at any cost, to see that is doesn't happen.  I have gotten very good reviews on Bloodlines. I received a letter from a ninety year old lady who said,"I am writing to complain about your book, Bloodlines. It has kept me up until two a.m. two nights in succession...  

Frequent Contributor
Braguine
0 Kudos

Jojoe. That's our job, to steal sleep from our readers  :smileyvery-happy:
Alexey Braguine, author of Kingmaker
New User
drewsmommy98
0 Kudos

Hello,

My son loves the books by Rick Riordan. They are a 4 book series (about 7.00 each I believe) about a boy named Percy Jackson and he has to find the under world gods. It is based on Greek Mythology but they find a way to teach it to your child by making it "cool". If you serach these books you can read that backs.  They are long books but we just read a chapter or two a night and love every bit of it. I am hooked as well! We just bought the last one today.

Also search for a book called  "The Adventures of Marky, Slash, & Levy". It is by a new author named  L.B. Fox ...who's second book comes out soon......it is about a beagle, a fox, and a lynx that are friends and they go to dig up a buried bone under a tree but little do they know they will fall through to an underground world and will have to save the creatures there. It is very amusing and fun.

Contributor
bkhouchin
0 Kudos

Hi Darin, I just recently had a book published called The Forgotten Kingdom. You can find it at barnes&noble's web site only. It won't be in the retail stores for a while, but I am working on it. I will check out your book though, The Lemurian. It is in the physical stores?. Tell your friends or relatives about my book, especially if they have small children. Thank you!

B.K.Houchin

Author of The Forgotten Kingdom

B.K. Houchin,
Author of The Forgotten Kingdom
Frequent Contributor
Braguine
0 Kudos

Re: New Golf Book

hi Golfbook,

I would also look for online golf forums where you can actively contribute. The name of the game for writers is exposure and let the public know you and your book are in existence. Best of luck!

Alexey Braguine, author of Kingmaker