Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
D_L_Blanco
0 Kudos

SINGLE LATINA FEMALE: Tale of a Toxic Friend

Single Latina Female  

FRIENDS.

DRAMA.

MORE DRAMA.

ENEMIES

SINGLE LATINA FEMALE: Tale of a Toxic Friend now available at Barnes and Noble online

D. L. Blanco
Contributor
Ela87
0 Kudos

Re: New Inspirational Book: WHAT DO DO WHEN THINGS DON'T CHANGE.

Maharold wrote:

I wrote this book because I realize that there are times when we feel stuck in our cocoons of “becoming.”  We recognize that God has plans and purpose for our lives; but we sometimes become discouraged along the way because we feel that we are “off schedule,” we have “missed the boat of purpose” or we have missed the opportunity to become who God created us to be.  It is not too late for you.  It is never too late.  For those of you who are struggling to break free of your cocoons, you need to know that there is “strength in your struggle”; so don’t give up hope.  Don’t give up the fight. Your destiny awaits you. If you need some encouragement, hit me back!  Blessings!   Maharold Peoples, Jr.

That sounds great! I bet it will be a great hit...

"Character is always lost when a high ideal is sacrificed on the altar of conformity and popularity." - Charles Spurgeon

If you can dream it, you can do it. - Walt Disney
Contributor
patrickcunningham
0 Kudos

need a good opinion of my book after midnight volume one

[ Edited ]
Hi people Patrick Cunningham here the author of After Midnight volume one. I would like to get peoples honest opinions good or bad on my books cover. You can see it on barnesandnoble.com and type in the title. Has any one read it and if so what did they think of it? It would be great if someone could give a little review as to what they want more of and less of etc.  Any feed back would be greatly appreciated..  Thank you for for taking the time to read this.
Message Edited by Stephanie on 11-19-2008 04:48 PM
New User
VirhenleyVH
0 Kudos

Re: THE DECADENT DUKE by Virginia Henley

THE DECADENT DUKE by Virginia Henley.

If you haven't read Virginia Henley, you don't know what you have been missing.  THE DECADENT DUKE has just arrived in bookstores.

Georgina, the youngest daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Gordon, has four sisters who have all married dukes or earls.  Since she is the beauty of the family, Georgina is expected to do even better in the marriage market.  The hero is the wealthy and powerful Duke of Bedford.

The characters in this book are all actual historical people.  I wrote it to give readers a scandalous taste of the REAL Regency ton!

New User
rontowns25
0 Kudos

Re: BLOOD CALLS, the next installment in THE CALLING Vampire Novels

I'm not so sure about this book but wanted to start a conversation about another...

I wanted to ask your feedback about an amazing new book I read this week called "The Complete Vision Board Kit" by John Assaraf. 

The book details a special recipe for creating and utilizing a vision board. A vision board is a simple tool that helps people to realize their dreams and desired outcomes through the powers of visualization and intention. The book details the key recipe for creating a vision board which helps you focus your mind and separate your thoughts from the background noise.

Assaraf is letting people download a free chapter from the book here... www.TheVisionBoardKit.com. He also has a couple inspirational videos here. 

Has anybody read this book yet? What are your thoughts? 

New User
Jax_Cassidy
0 Kudos

ART OF SENSUALITY by Jax Cassidy

Hi Everyone!

I'm excited to announce that my book ART OF SENSUALITY was released today and you can find it HERE at BN.com. Thank you in advance if you have picked up my book. To celebrate the release, I'm offering an amazing giveaway on my blog at http://www.jaxadora.blogspot.com/ -- stop by and comment for your chance to win.

ART OF SENSUALITY

Publisher: Parker Publishing

Pub. Date: November 2008

ISBN-13: 9781600430442

Art was not only a passion of Machiko Barrett, but also a destiny- a way of life she has known since her talent was discovered at 3-years-old. Caught in a turbulent storm of celebrity, scandal, and corruption, she disappeared from the art world only to re-emerge 15 years later. Her sheltered existence is disrupted when she is lured back to her one true passion: painting.

While she struggles to discover her own identity through her art, she encounters a man who opens her eyes to the art of sensuality, and awakens the woman buried deep inside the broken girl.

Author Bio:

Jax Cassidy is a multi-published author and has written under the pen name Cassidy Kent. She is Co-Founder of Romance Divas, an award winning romance writer's website and discussion forum. In between skydiving for charity and campaigning against human trafficking, she enjoys the company of close friends and indulges her caffeine fix at the nearest cafe. An avid traveler and an adventurous spirit, Jax has drawn inspiration from her experiences and often blends the exotic mix of Eastern and Western lifestyles into her writing. When she isn't locked up in her office penning her latest manuscript, Jax can be found creating abstract paintings for future art shows, or dividing her time between California, Texas, and Florida.

blog: http://www.jaxadora.blogspot.com/

Jax Cassidy
Author of contemporary, erotic, and paranormal romance.

www.jaxcassidy.com :: www.jaxadora.blogspot.com
New User
VirhenleyVH
0 Kudos

Re: THE DECADENT DUKE by Virginia Henley

I got an email from a reader who went to bn.com to buy THE DECADENT DUKE.  The message she got back was "no match".  B&N had it listed as DECADENT DUKE--they had left off the word "THE".

It has taken me almost two weeks to get it corrected.  But with patience and persistence, I finally got hold of the people at corrections@barnesandnoble.com and I am happy to say that the listing for THE DECADENT DUKE has now been corrected and is quite easy to find.

Contributor
Ela87
0 Kudos

Re: ART OF SENSUALITY by Jax Cassidy

[ Edited ]

Jax_Cassidy wrote:

Hi Everyone!

I'm excited to announce that my book ART OF SENSUALITY was released today and you can find it HERE at BN.com. Thank you in advance if you have picked up my book. To celebrate the release, I'm offering an amazing giveaway on my blog at http://www.jaxadora.blogspot.com/ -- stop by and comment for your chance to win.

ART OF SENSUALITY

Publisher: Parker Publishing

Pub. Date: November 2008

ISBN-13: 9781600430442

Art was not only a passion of Machiko Barrett, but also a destiny- a way of life she has known since her talent was discovered at 3-years-old. Caught in a turbulent storm of celebrity, scandal, and corruption, she disappeared from the art world only to re-emerge 15 years later. Her sheltered existence is disrupted when she is lured back to her one true passion: painting.

While she struggles to discover her own identity through her art, she encounters a man who opens her eyes to the art of sensuality, and awakens the woman buried deep inside the broken girl.

Author Bio:

Jax Cassidy is a multi-published author and has written under the pen name Cassidy Kent. She is Co-Founder of Romance Divas, an award winning romance writer's website and discussion forum. In between skydiving for charity and campaigning against human trafficking, she enjoys the company of close friends and indulges her caffeine fix at the nearest cafe. An avid traveler and an adventurous spirit, Jax has drawn inspiration from her experiences and often blends the exotic mix of Eastern and Western lifestyles into her writing. When she isn't locked up in her office penning her latest manuscript, Jax can be found creating abstract paintings for future art shows, or dividing her time between California, Texas, and Florida.

blog: http://www.jaxadora.blogspot.com/

I can't wait to pick it up, my girl friends and I love to read....I can't wait to tell them!

Message Edited by Ela87 on 11-18-2008 12:49 PM
"Character is always lost when a high ideal is sacrificed on the altar of conformity and popularity." - Charles Spurgeon

If you can dream it, you can do it. - Walt Disney
New User
Jax_Cassidy
0 Kudos

Re: ART OF SENSUALITY by Jax Cassidy

Thanks Ela87! I hope you (and your friends) let me know what you think of the book.
Jax Cassidy
Author of contemporary, erotic, and paranormal romance.

www.jaxcassidy.com :: www.jaxadora.blogspot.com
Reader
Becky816
0 Kudos

Rise Above the Truth by Rebecca Thein

Thank you for the opportunity to share my book. I would classify this book as a love story with a little mystery.

Synopsis:    

Misty is a renowned San Francisco mural artist, finding herself trapped in despair and feeling alone in the big city. It is not until she finally decides to visit her mentor and dear friend that her outlook begins to brighten.
     The grip of sadness is releasing its hold on her, as a new love steps out of the shadows of a long time friendship. The only problem is this lover possesses the key to a secret that he cannot keep hidden forever. He can only pray it will not destroy their relationship.

About Me: 

I enjoy reading, writing and spending time with my family. My first priority was raising my children, but they are all adults now so I have time to focus on my writing. Feel free to visit my web site www.RebeccaThein.com and read a little more about me.  

My book can be purchased from my site or here on Barnes and Noble. Link to B & N http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?ean=1607031221

There is also a review here on Barnes and Noble

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?ean=1607031221#TABS

Rebecca Thein