Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
miketwilight
0 Kudos

Re: BLOOD CALLS, the next installment in THE CALLING Vampire Novels... Twilighted Side

Twilighted Side Is About Horror Science Fiction Drama.
Contributor
shawnrohrbach
0 Kudos

Re: Collection of short stories to be released in November, 2009

I recently posted news about my up coming novel "Feast Days of the Saints" which will be released in May of this year.  I just received word that my collection of short stories "Stays and Other Stories" will be released by Sabella Press in November.  You can read a sample story titled 'Red's Cabin' at www.authorsden.com  Search either by my name or the story title; you will also find some other samples of my writing there, or you can visit my web site at www.shawnrohrbach.com and you will find samples there and links to other stories and essays.
Shawn Rohrbach MFA
www.shawnrohrbach.com
New User
intern1989
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that New York Times and USA Today Best-Selling Author L.A. Banks is coming out with a new book!!

Undead on Arrival (The next book in her crimson moon series) is being released March 31, 2009!

And to all the Vampire Huntress Legends fans, don't worry. L.A. Banks will be release the next book in the series this summer!

The Vampire Huntress Legends: Dawn and Darkness comes out September 1, 2009.

For more information on L.A. Banks, check out my blog!

http://intern1989.wordpress.com/

New User
Dreamboat
0 Kudos

Peeper by Paul Chandler

Hello,

Here's the synopsis for my novel Peeper:

Andrew Ash can read your mind. With very little effort, he can peek into your head and see your memories. And with only a small measure of guilt, he will steal your secrets. Andrew has used his special talent to make himself and his business partner very wealthy. But the money has come too easily, and the prospect of becoming wealthier still has lost its appeal.

David Martin is the host of a wildly popular late night talk show. He's also on trial for the brutal murder of his wife and two daughters. Despite overwhelming evidence of his guilt, a star-struck jury is determined to set him free. Andrew, by virtue of his extraordinary ability, knows the truth and he's willing to risk everything to convince a sympathetic jury to look past the fame and see the monster.

Paul Trask, the greedy CEO of Micro-Delta Corporation, has stumbled onto Andrew's amazing talent. He quickly realizes Andrew's money-making potential and hatches a scheme to exploit him. Trask, driven by dreams of limitless wealth, will stop at nothing to secure Andrew's cooperation.

B&N link: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Peeper/Paul-Chandler/e/9780595329328/?itm=1

There are a couple of reviews posted on B&N. There is also a detailed review of the book here: http://powells.com/biblio/61-9780595329328-1

Thank you very much for your consideration.

Paul

Frequent Contributor
honeyyocat
0 Kudos

Re: Imaginar Friends By Yolanda Jackson

Hi,

My new book is Imaginary Friends,this is my second novel, my first was Peter Carrot-top all available right here at Barnes and Noble

book http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Imaginary-Friends/Yolanda-Jackson/e/9781608620173/ 

Everyone has or had an Imaginary Friend in their lives one time or another,But what did yours tell

you to do? Does yours tell you to cheat,kill,or destroy? or do they simply talk to you at night?

Many are affarid to answer these questions, but if one choose to ignore them, sometimes they can

become so real,They will surely over power your mind and every rational thought you ever had; so

take sometime to investigate the voices that are talking to you, the longer you ignore them, the

stronger they will become.

Take a look into the life of a small town girl who was constantly abuse by her mother and complete

strangers,she was hid away from the public by her mother in an old cellar, it was there that she first

discovered her ability to create Imaginary friends,And once the Imaginary Friends where formed she

send them all out on a revenge killing,But was it the Imaginary Friends doing the killing or her?

www.petercarrot-top.com
New User
CeceliaDowdy
0 Kudos

Novel About An Agnostic Who Becomes A Christian

John's Quest  

This book is about an agnostic who becomes a Christian. It would make for a great discussion. Here's another link besides the one listed above:

http://www.heartsongpresents.com/book/detail/9781602600065/

New User
KnorraSky
0 Kudos

New Here

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone.

I am not yet familiar with all the rules here.

I am the author of the fantasy novel KnorraSky the Deception. http://books.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?WRD=knorrasky&r=1

I would like to let everyone know about something special I have going on.

On the knorraSky home page (not on this site) I am giving away the first three chapters of the book as an e-book.  That is the first 63 pages of the 384 page total.

I do not consider this solicitation since I am doing a give away.  If I am wrong.., Oops  Sorry!:smileyhappy:

As a new, unknown author, it is difficult to inform people about your work.  So this is one way I am doing it.

If you have any questions about the book, please ask.

Thank you.

R.A. Knowlton

Message Edited by KnorraSky on 04-03-2009 01:56 AM
Distinguished Wordsmith
Raven_Lunatic
0 Kudos

Re: New Here

Hiya. Welcome to B&N.
Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

Don't Mess With Earth by Cliff Ball

[ Edited ]

Don't Mess with Earth 

Don't Mess With Earth is about advanced humans in early Earth history who leave Earth behind while the more primitive humans stay on Earth. The advanced humans, called Terrans, run across an alien species that abducts and experiments on other species. The Terrans also interfere in Earth history, people like King Arthur, Merlin, Galileo, Amelia Earhart are not originally from Earth. The aliens, abduct and experiment on Roanoke colonists, the town of Salem, and even on Isaac Newton. Eventually, an alien ship gets shot down over Roswell, President Truman creates Area 51, initiates Project Blue Book, and issues the Majestic-12 Order. Later, Earth reaches a point where they can pay back both sides by having the same technology themselves. Do the humans of Earth succeed or fail? Find out!

I'm 35, pursuing a BA in English, and this is my 2nd novel.

and since I don't remember if I plugged my first novella, here's the link:
Message Edited by cebj25 on 04-03-2009 07:40 PM
New User
P9488
0 Kudos

The new release of "Things U Could of Said,But U Didn't"!!!!!

This poetry book is about you and all your inner thoughts good or bad.It subjects are love,race,sex,relationships and much more.It's a must read!