Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
psycho75
0 Kudos

Follow my blog!!!

Hi Everyone,

Patrick Cunningham here the author of After Midnight volume one. I am posting this message to let you know about my new blog. It goes into every thing from how i started writing, to the challenges of being an unknown author. Please feel free to drop by and post your comments or critique. Barnes and Noble really have been great to me this past year and I'm looking forward to releasing my second book at the end of the year. So thank you all.

my blog 

MLT
Frequent Contributor
MLT
0 Kudos

Re: Color Me Jazzmyne By Marian L. Thomas: Read The Review

Here is the Link for the Critic's Review.

http://www.rebeccasreads.com/Reviews/ReviewThomasColorMeJazzmyne.html

MLT
New User
Sean_Dudley
0 Kudos

KNIGHTS OF REGOVILLE/ IRON HORSE STORIES/ L.E.S.

Hello everyone, my name is Sean and I am an up and coming writer. I am inviting

everyone to check out two of my first two self published books titled: 'The Radical Knights of Regoville' and 'The Iron Horse Stories'. 'The Radical Knights of Regoville' is a childrens' short story on how a bump to a young boy's head from playing basketball in the present landed him in the mideval land called 'Regoville' of the past. Not only did he become a knight, but his friends were knights as well. The princess of Regoville is in need of help for a man named James and his gang is trying to take over the land. So she enlist the help of Sir Sean and his Radical Knights to defend the land. Will they be able to overpower the evil of James or will James defeat the knights and take over the land forever? This is a great short story to share with your kids ages 7-10. 'The Iron Horse Stories' is a non-fiction story on (from my experience) what goes down in the everyday life under the New York City transit system. For those who don't live in New York City or haven't been there before will find this story very interesing. You will get the sense and feel of a New York City train without having to be there. For those who do live or have lived there before, you will relate to most or maybe all of the stories I have written on here. This story is for young-older adults only. Feel free to go to: www.lulu.com  Type: Sean Dudley Inside the 'Search' Tab.  I also want to invite you to my new website: www.the6thboro.webs.com  This site is dedicated to The Lower East Side that I have grown to know and love. For those who either grew up there or just have much love for the area, feel free to check it out and become a member. It's got Videos, Pictures, Blogs and More. If you have an event coming up around the area, you can post it up as well. If you want to promote your business and its around or near the area, check out the site. Or you could check out my blog: http://dtsbooks.blogspot.com/    Thank you all for your time and I hope to hear from you all soon.  

Sean D.

New User
MurmurOfPlumetoParchment
0 Kudos

New Release - The Murmur of Plume to Parchment by Sherri Weaver

Amazing Poetry that sticks with the reader long after the book is closed. (available on barnes and noble and amazon.
Frequent Contributor
rowenacherry
0 Kudos

Re: Please listen to me talk about my book, Knight's Fork

[ Edited ]

I've introduced myself and my Romance novels before, but I hope it's all right to mention that my interview on The Authors Show is being broadcast this weekend, April 18th and April 19th. 

Host Don MacCauley wrote : I have done hundreds of interviews throughout the years.Most are enjoyable, some are enlightening, a few are downright painful. Othersthough, stand decidedly apart from the group. These interviews create memoriesthat I will enjoy for the rest of my days. My recent interview with RowenaCherry was one such interview.

To listen to it online go to TheAuthorsShow.com or toWnbRadioNetwork.com

Message Edited by rowenacherry on 04-18-2009 01:11 PM
Rowena Cherry
Heroines get more (hero) than they bargain for...
http://www.rowenacherry.com

"entertaining, elegantly written" ~ Robin Wayne Bailey
New User
missjill23
0 Kudos

New Author to Barnes and Noble

I am a mother of two toddlers and have a passion for writing and just wanted to get involved with this community forum. I have written a children's book series which has always been a dream of mine and have published the first story. I look forward to reading reviews and hope to make some great connections using this site.

Best Regards: Jill Kingwell - Author of I Love You So.

New User
javagrma
0 Kudos

2Friends 4Ever: A Journey to Reunion

New author, 1st novel.  First reviews have posted at BN.com.  Author offering signed copies through her website.  Also offering appearances at any book clubs across the US to discuss or do signings.  Need more readers to evaluate book, but initial response looks positive.  Learn more about author, C A Morgan, at www.c-a-morgan.com

Frequent Contributor
PamelaKKinneyPK
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

If you like ghost stories, legends, myths, urban legends, etc.. my new nonfiction from Schiffer Publishing is up for preorder (it comes out May 28th). That's Haunted Virginia: Legends, Myths and True Tales: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Haunted-Virginia/Pamela-K-Kinney/e/9780764332814/?itm=1 

ISBN: 978-0-7643-3281-4 $14.99 256 pages

Virginia is unique with haunting myths, legends, and yes, even true stories that may sound like legends.  Take a ghostly tour of this historic state to learn about the Bunnyman urban legend and what happens to mortals at his Bunnyman Bridge in Clifton at midnight on Halloween. Discover the myths that surround Edgar Allan Poe and other famous Virginians.  See why Natural Bridge is actually a haunted tourist attraction; and what makes the Great Dismal Swamp so creepy: Is it the ghosts or Bigfoot? Meet the Witch of Pungo in Virginia Beach.  Find out that Mothman and the Jersey Devil weren’t just seen in their own states, but actually visited Virginia at one time. Read about witches, demons, monsters, ghosts, pirates, strange animals, and Civil War legends. Visit an amazing, frightening, and even intriguing Virginia that you never knew existed.

Pamela K. Kinney is an author of published horror, science fiction, fantasy, horror, poetry, and the nonfiction book, Haunted Richmond, Virginia, published by Schiffer Publishing, along with Haunted Virginia: Legends, Myths and True Tales coming fall 2009 from Schiffer Publishing, too. Using the pseudonym, Sapphire Phelan, she has published erotic and sweet paranormal/fantasy/science fiction romance, along with poetry and couple of erotic horror stories, one, a Lovecraftian novella, Unwitting Sacrifice, published by Under the Moon, now available. She also has done acting on stage and in films, plus is a costumer. Find out more about her at: http://FantasticDreams.50megs.com or at either of her MySpaces: http://www.myspace.com/PamelaKKinney and http://www.myspace.com/SapphirePhelan.
New User
Adink
0 Kudos

Rise of the Anakim : Tablets of Destiny by Adin Kachisi

2009 San Francisco Book Festival's Science Fiction Award Winner

New Novel Traverses the Globe in Mind-Expanding, Action Adventure

Rise Of The Anakim:  

Tablets of Destiny

by Adin Kachisi About the BookAt the core of Adin Kachisi’s riveting new novel, Rise of the Anakim: Tablets of Destiny (published by AuthorHouse), are one man’s travels across four continents in a desperate attempt to save the planet from apocalyptic extinction by both acts of man and thevengeful hands of nature. 

Rise of the Anakim: Tablets of Destiny opens with a devastating mistake made by one man who chooses to unlock an inter-dimensional portal that had once kept a monstrous angelic being from entering this world. The planet is experiencing global catastrophes that threaten to topple any illusion of order. It is in this atmosphere that Ethan Moore, a college professor in Harlem, travels with one of his students, Rick, to Georgia and meets Creek Native American elders whotake him to a secret cave where they unveil ancient stone tablets with prophetic inscriptions on them, commissioning him to find the three missing crystal keys hidden around the globe. 

Led by instinct, Ethan’s mission takes him fi rst to Ireland and then Ethiopia, Zimbabwe and finally Korea in a mesmerizing quest which forces him to confront enormous challenges and inexplicable mysteries that test his faith and his very idea of reality.While traveling through these foreign lands, he must elude dark, criminal assassins working for the Order of Kingu and other ancient cults determined to bring about the apocalyptic extinction of humanity. 

Will Ethan be able to save the human race from destruction?

Will humanity appreciate the gift they have been given? Rise of the Anakim: Tablets of Destiny is a mind-awakening experience and action-packed adventure that chronicles the journey and the struggle of humanity to survive in spite of supernatural adversity. Rise of the Anakim: Tablets of Destiny is full of information about ancient history, folklore, contemporary issues, metaphysics and different cultures worldwide. 

The Author, Adin Kachisi is a genre-bending author who combines mystery, science-fiction, alternative history, myth and fact, to intricately weave layers of masterful storytelling into a mosaic of timeless literature.He is the author of three previous books: Depths of Melancholy; Tears of Ether; and Beyond the Talented Tenth. His latest novel, Rise of the Anakim - Tablets of Destiny is a product of several years of research and contemplation on the riddles of life and the future of humanity. His writings are a unique product of scholarship and literary creativity.

New User
TonyCurtis64
0 Kudos

Re:The Gnomes of Genom

A children's tale, set in a sleepy village, where the gnomes come to life and help the people in the village. An ideal story to get your children reading again. Aimed at the 5-11 age group, or for parents with a child like mind.

I wrote this book in memory of my daughter, who died at the age of 27 through cancer. She used to enjoy her bedtime stories, when she was little, so it helps to keep her memory alive, and to remember the good times, which are special to every parent.

I have suffered from M.S. for over 30 years, so I hope you enjoy the antics of the Village Gnomes