New User
Nonaction16
0 Kudos

The Newcomer by Kathie Nelson

Kathie Nelson is a poet, born during the sixties, and raised during the seventies­, two time periods where it looked like the world was finally getting itself together, and that there would be equality for all. But as she looks around her world today, she finds that this simply isn’t true. These are just some of the reasons why she felt compelled to write The Newcomer, a story where a plague hits the Earth, making it necessary for women to take over in order to save the planet. The book deals with how the women cope with the deadly disease, how they keep their men safe, and how they transform the world in order to sustain a better life. Then it advances into the future, where the society that arises and the religion that governs it are again questioned. How that question finally gets answered is found with The Newcomer. 

Also, here is the url to the site on Barnes and Noble... http://books.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?WRD=the+newcomer+by+kathie+nelson&box=the%20newc...

I have a site for the book, it is http://www.myspace.com/ladroit

Thank you for the opportunity to post my book....

Frequent Contributor
Braguine
0 Kudos

Re: The Newcomer by Kathie Nelson

Interesting premise, good luck with it. :smileyhappy:
Alexey Braguine, author of Kingmaker
New User
Nonaction16
0 Kudos

The Newcomer by Kathie Nelson

Hi, here's the blurb from the back of my book, The Newcomer: 

Kathie Nelson is a poet, born during the sixties, and raised during the seventies­two time periods where it looked like the world was finally getting itself together, and that there would be equality for all. But as she looks around her world today, she finds that this simply isn’t true. These are just some of the reasons why she felt compelled to write The Newcomer, a story where a plague hits the Earth, making it necessary for women to take over in order to save the planet. The book deals with how the women cope with the deadly disease, how they keep their men safe, and how they transform the world in order to sustain a better life. Then it advances into the future, where the society that arises and the religion that governs it are again questioned. How that question finally gets answered is found with The Newcomer.

I have a site for it too, http://www.myspace.com/ladroit

and the url from Barnes and Noble is:  http://books.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?WRD=the+newcomer+by+kathie+nelson&box=the%20newc...

Hope you enjoy it!

Kathie Nelson

Contributor
steelers64
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce yourself!

Hello Anik I have a very interesting book that I think you should read it Titled "Why Christians Should Understand the Jewish Roots of Their Faith" if you purchase this book I believe it will truly bless your soul.
Contributor
steelers64
0 Kudos

"Why Christians Should Understand the Jewish Roots Of Our Faith" Angelo McCutchen

Hello everyone this is my new book it just came out last month, this book is about Christians understanding that their faith is connected to our Jewish believers and without this understand we will never get a true understanding of our bible, because we forget that our Messiah was jewish all his followers were jewish and many of the writers of our bible were jewish so went reading the bible we must look at it from that stand point. so when you read this book I will make that connection for you and believe me this book is an eye opener. so I look forword to your feedback. 

you can also go to my website at www.yahshua64.com for info. and of course you can buy it here at BN.   http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Why-Christians-Should-Understand-The-Jewish-Roots-Of-Their-Faith/Pa...    

New User
Nonaction16
0 Kudos

Re: The Newcomer by Kathie Nelson

thank you for responding.....

Contributor
Omega
0 Kudos

An Exciting Endorsement for "A Bell, a Song, an American Journey"

Dear Fellow B&N's,

It's good to be here. I have recently finished a non-fiction book and am working on a novel.

I'd like to share with you that last week I recieved an endorsement for my memoir, my first work, 'A Bell, a Song, an American Journey," from Harvard psychoanalist Claudia Luiz. This is what it says, 

"This is an immigration story that tells the story of mental and social incarceration, and the properties of liberation. It is a story every immigrant and every American will resonate with, written in prose as clear as ice, as told through the eyes of a man whose psychological and political depth combine to help us better understand what is required to bridge the cultural divide."

My book seeks to spread a positive message in the middle of a lively, if at times intense, debate on peace, illegal immigration and mental illness. It is available on B&N.

Blessings,

Omega 

New User
Yancey2009
0 Kudos

A CONVERSATION WITH STEPHANIE PERRY MOORE, AUTHOR OF CHASING FAITH AND WEARING MY HALO TILTED

2009 TEEN PROMISE PROGRAM

PRESENTS 

A CONVERSATION WITH STEPHANIE PERRY MOORE

First Baptist Church South Richmond

1501 Decatur Street
Richmond, Virginia 23224

May 30, 2009 10:00 AM - Teens Only

May 30 11:00 AM - Open Session

Stephanie Perry Moore is a Christian fiction novelist that is truly from the South. She was born in South Carolina, raised in Virginia, educated in Alabama, and now resides in Georgia. She has penned over 25 inspirational titles set in this part of the country.

She is the trailblazing author of the Payton Skky series, the first African-American Christian teen series. Her other young adult titles are the Laurel Shadrach series, the Carmen Browne series, the Perry Skky Jr. series and Faith Thomas 'NovelZine' series. The hot collegiate Beta Gamma Pi series and the hip teen Yasmin Peace series are her latest releases.

Her heart beats for adults as well. For this market she has penned Flame, an Essence best seller-A Lova' Like No Otha', Chasing Faith, and her newest release, Wearing My Halo Tilted.

She also was the General Editor for Nia Publishing. She produced the Women of Color Cookbook, the Men of Color Study Bible, the Wisdom and Grace Bible for Young Women of Color, the Strength and Honor Bible for Young Men of Color, the Women of Color Devotional Bible and the African-American Family Bible. She was the Co-Editor for the BibleZine, REAL.

She is a motivational speaker and community activist. She is working on turning her books to film. She lives in the greater Atlanta area with her husband, Derrick, and their three children.

Contributor
isabellarosePS
0 Kudos

Isabella rose's amazing tale.

Daddys little spy - is a fascinating insight into the mind of an abused child whose mother is a witch and offers her to her arlock as a virgin sacrifice aged six.  Fact -fiction and fantasy mixed in an irresistable unputdownable book.  How can I get the general public made aware of my published books.

the arts council sponsored To Catch a Thief butdespite giving book talks and doing a book signing and getting great testimonisals I can't sell in big enough quantities to cover my initial outlay and make money for charity.

All ideas welcomed isabellarosePS member of NAWG and historical novel society, writers news magazine. www.daddyslittlespy.co.uk

isabellarosePS

DADDY'S LITTLE SPY - ISABELLA ROSE'S AMAZING SURVIVIAL AGAINST WITCHCRAFT DURING WW2. HOW MUCH IS FACT HOW MUCH IS FANTASY? READERS DECIDE BUY ON AMAZON OR DIRECT FROM AUTHOR

ARTS COUNCIL SPONSORED TO CATCH A THIEF AN INTRIGUING MYSTERY ROMANCE

BOOK SIGNING WENT WELL FOR NEW AUTHOR I'M GIVING BOOK TALKS AND CHECK OUT WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/IZABELLAROSE TO FIND HOW I GIVE HOPE TO MATURE AUTHORS.
HTTP://CHICKDANIEL.WEBS.COM
HISTORICAL NOVEL SOCIETY REVIEW IN USA WAS STUPENDOUS
AND NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF WRITERS MAGAZINE -LINKS- PAGE 12 SHOWED MY FIRT BOOK SIGNING.
ISABELLAps
New User
Insperatus-Author
0 Kudos

Want to read a book better than TWILIGHT?????

INSPERATUS.

kellyvaresio.blogspot.com

{or search for it on B&N}

Reviews are saying it's better than Twilight.

Check it out.