Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Deepak2009
0 Kudos

A PASSIONATE DEATH

I am author of a new book - A Passionate Death - for those who like the suspense/serial killer genre.  What makes my book so different is that the entire book is written in first person, but each of the chapters is narrated by a different character.  Thus, sometimes you are seeing the story through the killer's perspective, sometimes the victim, or the cop chasing the killer, etc.  I think you will find it new and refreshing.

If you are looking for something interesting to read, look it up on bn.com

Deepak

Contributor
authorgirl
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

My first book, Percy and His Family, was published by Outskirts Press.  It is a book teaching children Obedience.  A squirrel family lives in the backyard of a people family.  It compares fiction with fact, that the squirrel family have the same rules for their little squirrels as the people family do.  This is not just a cutesy book with illustrations to keep a child's attention, but a teaching book.  At the end there are questions to be read to the child and discussed, and also a page speaking to the parents.

GREAT for teachers, parents and any adult who cares about children!!

Contributor
authorgirl
0 Kudos

KINDNESS

KINDNESS (Xlibirs Publishing Company) is my second book in the series of teaching children Biblical Principles.  Percy and His Family (Outskirts Press) is the first one.

The KINDNESS book involves a family with four children and creates scenarios to show how the parents are striving to teach their children how to be kind.  Each one, through various circumstances in their own lives, have to learn kindness in their own way, and sometimes it is the hard way.

Miss Hannah, my 16 year old illustrator, is remarkable to say the least.  She has illustrations which are in great detail, bright and will catch the children's eye.  Again, it is a teaching book with questions concerning the story at the end and a page speaking to parents.

My book relates that kindness is not just "taught," but it is "caught," encouraging adults to act out kindness to children.

A MUST BOOK FOR ANYONE WHO IS TEACHING CHILDREN BASIC PRINCIPLES IN RELATING TO OTHERS IN LIFE!

SEE MY WRITINGS ON:

http://wwwcreationsbypeg.blogspot.com

THANKS!

Contributor
authorgirl
0 Kudos

CHOICES

MY SOON TO BE PUBLISHED BOOK IS CALLED "CHOICES."  Another teaching material that making wise choices in life is paramount to how your life is lived out.

My manuscript is to my illustrator, the awesome Miss Hannah (16), and she is working on the illustrations so the book can hopefully be ready for fall publication!!!

I invite you to visit the above blog to see my books and also links at bottom of the blog with my poetry ~ some downright silliness and some serious

Thanks

Contributor
authorgirl
0 Kudos

BOOKS, POETRY, MISCELLANEOUS WRITINGS

I have introduced to you in previous messages to my books

PERCY AND HIS FAMILY  Outskirts Press

KINDNESS     Xlibris Publishing Company

CHOICES       to be published in the fall.

YOU ARE PERSONALLY INVITED TO MY BLOG TO SEE THE SERIOUS AND THE RIDICULOUS SIDE OF THIS AUTHOR!!!!

YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTEDLET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINKTHERE ARE LINKS TO MY POETRY AT THE BOTTOM OF THE BLOG, SOME DOWNRIGHT SILLY AND SOME SERIOUSLOOK AND SEETHERE IS ALSO A LINK TO CONTACT ME, PERHAPS JUST TO SAY HI AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ARE THINKING!

Ever stop to think and then forget to start up again?:smileyindifferent:

Contributor
scully60
0 Kudos

Re: A Passionate Death by Deepak Gupta

Sounds like an exciting read. Good luck.
Frequent Contributor
mamiesmith

Re: A Passionate Death by Deepak Gupta

Thanks for sharing your book with us.  I am also an author.  You can see my blog at:

http://theunfoldingofarose.wordpress.com/2009/05/26/the-unfolding-of-a-rose-by-mamie-smith/

Lots a success with your book.

New User
Deepak2009

What my book is about

A couple of people emailed me about my new book - A Passionate Death - and wanted the basics of the story.  Well, here is a short summary.  I think you will find it an interesting read.

David Hawthorne is a naive young man who was raised by an evil Catholic preacher and betrayed by a treacherous woman. After being released from a mental hospital for killing his girlfriend, Rachel, he meets another woman, sleeps with her, and kills her.  Enjoying the murder, he starts a killing spree.  Unaware of his nefarious nature, Melanie, David’s long-time lawyer friend begins a romantic relationship with him.  Along with David, Detective Harold Thompson suspects George Wycliffe as the serial killer after he confesses to one of the murders.  As the cat and mouse game between them ensues, Thompson learns that he has much in common with David, including an obsession with Melanie. As David struggles to keep his two lives separate and tries to put his past behind him, an old friend of Rachel’s shows up and reveals David’s dark secrets and the true identity of his father. Is David a victim of circumstance or is he a cold-blooded serial killer?  Pursue him and watch this treacherous maze of murder, lies, love and suspense intensify.
Contributor
rs30501
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book! "Lyrical Love Lines Of Yours And Mine"

Lyrical Love Lines Of Yours And Mine by Roger Smith, is a book of love poetry that has poems that deals in three catagories, or chapters, in the book which is Love, Problems, and Passion. It is an excellent book for those who would like to express themselves to their partner through lyrical poetry that is a much better style than the "roses and violets are blue" mess. An excerpt from one of the poems,  Feelings Shown Are Feelings Known reads:

By buying you flowers, gifts and rings, it don't necessarily mean that I am trying to cover up after going out and doing wrong things; I am just showing you the joy of you being my woman and the happiness it brings. Every time that I may come to you to hug, kiss you or sing don't necessarily mean that I especially want something, my heart is aching or I am trying to cover up after being on a wild fling; I am just showing you the appreciation of you being my queen, and me, your king. I don't have time for no lying, cheating, disrespecting, playing, hating, not giving but always taking and not appreciating; I would be making a bomb that is just waiting for detonating. I don't want that bomb to backfire on me and blow up in my face; I would then be there just looking so stuck on stupid with my mind blown and lost in space...

That is a portion of the first poem only but there are about 55 poems that I believe any potential reader would enjoy. It is currently available at www.trafford.com or by calling 1-888-232-4444 but will be available on this website in a couple of months. Try it and see for yourself that it is one on the best books written in this genre.

Contributor
authorgirl
0 Kudos

Re: What my book is about

I love mysteriesMy favoriteI will definitely look for this bookThank you for sharing.

Authorgirl