Reader
mjr1946
0 Kudos

tragic love

TRAGIC LOVE  by Tammy Rockett Box and Mary Rockett[www.publishamerica.net]

My mother and I began investigating the tragic and untimely death of my son in 2008. We were frustrated and unsatisfied with the investigation of local authorities after they overlooked critical information and quickly ruled the death a suicide. Tragic Love was a book collaborated by Tammy and Mary Rockett, it is an electrifying story of a young man who becomes involved in a forbidden love affair only to find himself in an abusive situation and he eventually succumbs to his untimely and tragic death. This is a dramatic story that we'd like to share with others.

Prologue to Tragic Love

I’m lost,” I said. “Where are you, I will find you, just stay put,” my
husband calmly said from his cell phone. I was almost frantic now.
I realized that I had never been to my son and his girlfriend’s new
apartment. How many times since they had moved out had Tim asked
me to come see their new place, and how many times did I respond by
saying, “I’ll come over one of these days.” Now it was too late! The man
on the phone said my son had shot himself. Surely this was a sick joke,
a mistake of some kind because my son was not dead. Yet, deep down
I knew something awful had happened.
I called my husband back on his cell phone to tell him where I was.
“Where is Tim,” I asked? He didn’t say anything, but not realizing that
I was still holding on the line, I heard him ask the coroner “is he gone?”
“Yes, the coroner said, your son is dead.”

If you should have an interest in contacting us, we can be reached at (269)476-9549 or via email at mjr1946@comcast.net

New User
LiamJ
0 Kudos

99 Cents until January 1st: Comedy On the Origins of Joy Boy's Chasm by Liam James Leaven

Hello BN Book Lovers!

I released the Kindle edition of my title, On the Origins of Joy Boy's Chasm, called "an infectious romp guaranteed to entertain" by Bookshop Santa Cruz, last month and it has been hovering between #3 to #6 in The Kindle Store/Parodies and #3 to #5 in The Kindle Store/Love and Romance-Relationships.

For the holidays, I have priced the title in the Kindle store and Smashwords at 99 cents. After this, the price will go up to an undisclosed amount. Dick Cheney will be announcing the new price on the morning of January 1st, from an undisclosed location.

Thank you so much for your support, and best holiday wishes to all.

Joy Boy's Chasm on Amazon (kindle or paperback)

Joy Boy's Chasm on Smashwords (use coupon code SL28U for the 99 cent price)

Joy Boy's Chasm on BN.com (kindle or paperback

Visit my Website here

Got Humor? Visit and Subscribe to my brand new Blog here

Contributor
jascribbles
0 Kudos

For the romance lovers out there

Healing Touch 

Healing Touch  - a small town romance - Only $1.75

Jason and Me  Jason and Me - a short story about love and friendship - FREE!!

Enjoy!

Contributor
AnnieRuthreadinglounge
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book! 1878 the life and times of Henry Forest

1878 is based on the life and times of Henry Forest,who lived during the late 1800's to the mid 1900's.

on sale at http://www.Blackbookplus.com

New User
jaja1234
0 Kudos

The Christian Lady's Dating Constitution

The Christian Lady's Dating Constitution: A Memorandum addressed to teens, their parents, and young adults

ABOUT BOOK:

This book is outlined as a constitution which consists of a Bill of Rights that Christian ladies are encouraged to follow according to Biblical principles. In this book the author reveals her past unhealthy relationship with her "Christian" ex-boyfriend, she also outlines the different scenarios Christian females may face in dating relationships along with Biblical solutions on how to face each situation. The purpose of this book is to help Christian ladies gain discernment regarding friendships, associations, and boyfriends.

ABOUT AUTHOR:

Jessica Martin is currently a non-active member of TEAR, Teens Experiencing Abusive Relationships. She has spent a couple of years working with various organizations educating audiences discussing topics such as healthy and unhealthy relationships, warning signs of an unhealthy relationship, and other topics regarding dating relationships. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Labor and Employment Relations from Rutgers University.

Purchase Book on Barnes and Nobles, Amazon, and other online retailers

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Re: Ignore the cover for a moment

Okay, the wrong cover is loaded for my book...no, I don't know why.  I'm told it will be fixed shortly, but for now, if you download my latest release,

Executive Lunch  you will actually own what, in the bygone printed books era, would be a collectible!!!

Here's the story:

Sedona is given the opportunity of a lifetime: play an up-and-coming executive with all the trappings of wealth with someone else footing the bill. The catch: find out who is stealing company funds before the criminals find out that their program is being debugged.

Sedona runs into danger, the corporate glass ceiling, and an occasional chance at romance in her quest to figure out who is stealing money from Strandfrost. Unfortunately, Sedona is better at writing computer code than deciphering political vitriol, and if she doesn’t find a way to wade through the red tape and red herrings, she could lose both her job and her quarry!

Maria Schneider has published stories in Coyote Wild Magazine, TownDrunkMag.com and "Over My Dead Body."

Check out my website to see the real cover:

http://www.bearmountainbooks.com/home/cover-games/

I promise to repost once the correct cover has been uploaded!

Maria

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
New User
Abie15
0 Kudos

Re: Neana and her Magical Adventures

Neana is an intrepid little girl whom along with her kitten Sooty meets up with other friends before setting out on her Magical Adventures. There are other friends that pop in from time to time.

The book contains three Magical Adventure stories with several Adventures including illustrations.

I am a retired grandmother and live in Lincolnshire.

My website address: www.authoridapearson.com

Frequent Contributor
plumboz
0 Kudos

Boomerang

Hi,

My name is Alan Hutcheson and my book is called Boomerang. It is a comic novel of international intrigue played out by characters operating way outside their comfort zones.

Ted Hogwood's beloved Sarah, a jazz guitar, is in the window of Topp Dollar Pawn. The only way he can get the money to rescue her is to accept an assignment from the AABC, a not nearly official branch of the United States intelligence community. He is partnered with Jerry Kwiatkowski, master of the Hammond B-3 organ and chronic flatulence sufferer, to steal a boomerang containing secrets that should have died with J. Edgar Hoover over thirty years ago. It would be a simple job if only they knew what they were doing. And if a crossbow wielding assassin, two unemployed Australian women, The Director of Central Intelligence and a clothing optional former onion festival queen were not also hot on the boomerang's trail.

And here is what one reviewer on Smashwords has to say about Boomerang:

Loved this book! Hutcheson does a great job creating a host of wacky characters all after the same object. I really enjoyed seeing all of the different plot lines and watching them all converge. I will definitely be recommending this one!

Boomerang

Best,
Alan Hutcheson (aka Plumboz)

author of Boomerang, a comic novel of international intrigue, with music
Frequent Contributor
JosieKramer
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Hi Guys.

Just wanted to tell you all about our new online magazine dedicated solely to self-published authors.  It is located at www.theindietimes.com.  Please feel free to comment, and if you would like to submit an articles contact us via the contact page.

We are also accepting books to be sold at the indie only store located at www.indiependentbooks.com

Thanks and happy writing!

www.thebookjournal.com
Josie Kramer
honest. book. reviews.
Contributor
K_L_Brady
0 Kudos

The Bum Magnet -- By K.L. Brady (Laugh out Loud Funny!)

"A highly recommended read that should not be missed..."
Midwest Book Review - Reviewer's Choice  (5 out of 5 Stars)

A 2010 Top Recommended Read! - AAMBC Book Club
One of the Best Reads of 2009! - OOSA Online Book Club
A RAW Reviewer Favorite! - RAWSISTAZ Literary Group

Many more great reviews on Amazon!

Thanks for the opportunity. I just released my debut novel is called The Bum Magnet. It's a romantic comedy--laugh out loud funny.

Real estate agent Charisse Tyson seems to have it all-a great job, a dream car, and a McMansion in high-and-mightyville. Everything in her life is just right...except the Mister. While lamenting the break-up with her most recent "the one" during a holiday meltdown, Charisse realizes she has a type when it comes to men-players, players, and more players. A magazine article motivates her to swear off men and examine the complex roots of her romantic fiascos.

Just five simple steps to turn her life to the stuff of legends, right? Life is never that easy...

Charisse commences her do-it-yourself therapy project and barely cracks open her emotional toolbox when she encounters the monkey wrenches: an irresistible new beau, two persistent ex-flames, and an FBI agent with life-altering secrets threatening to turn her world upside-down.

A tug of war ensues and Charisse is dead center, trying her best to distinguish the Don Juans from the Romeos. As her love life is propelled into unpredictable twists not even she could imagine, will a twenty-seven-year-old secret keep Charisse from finding the right "one"?

Laugh loud and often as Charisse discovers whether her choices in men reflect more than a penchant for good looks, great sex, and bad judgment.

Barnes & Noble Paperback

99 Cent Special on Kindle!

Also in Barnes & Noble Stores Nationwide!

Author K.L. Brady
www.klbradywrites.com