Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
mjr1946
0 Kudos

Re: Coming Soon!

Prologue of Strange Happenings

4:15 a.m.

I heard a noise coming from the lake behind my house. The small lake appeared to be swelling with unusually large waves. Something was rising up out of the water and it was massive.

I stood at my patio door listening, watching, and waiting. Whatever it was, it was coming fast. Suddenly they erupted from the water. There were many of them and they rode on horses. They weren’t human; their faces were half man and half animal of some kind. They had great power and raised their swords to the sky.

I feared for my life but knew their power was greater than anything human. I called for my son who came to stand by my side. The closer they got the more mesmerized we were by the sight of them and found that as much as we wanted to run we couldn’t. There was no hiding from them. I held my son close to me as though I could protect him. Their swords pointed towards us as they approached.

CAN BE PURCHASED AT  [WWW.PUBLISHAMERICA.COM]

STRANGE HAPPENINGS

by Tammy Rockett Box and Mary Rockett

will be at  BARNES AND NOBLE  / AMAZON>COM

THIS YEAR

Contributor
jascribbles
0 Kudos

Great Romance Novella for Only $1.75

A five star review for Healing Touch:

"This book really captures the small town atmosphere...where everyone in town is connected...and fast to gossip. It touches on a serious subject matter, but in a light hearted way. Healing Touch is an easy read, very entertaining, the story kept me engaged and I didn't want it to end. I look forward to more books from this author!" ~ A. Kroyer

Healing Touch 

Divorced mother of one, Tracy Campbell is trying her best to stay out of small town gossip. A mysterious lump on her throat is making it hard. Handsome Dr. Jeremy Nelson is making it harder.

New User
Fran71
0 Kudos

"The Effects of Desire: A Fool in Love" by Francinia Boston

The Effects Of Desire  

Product Description
Precious Diamond Walker has everything going for herself. Her mom is her best friend and they talk about everything. She's just started her new life as a college student. Her life takes a drastic turn for the worse when she meets Darrow Michael Wallace, the senior football player who's also the first-round draft pick for the NFL. When he finds out that her body is pure and untouched, he starts abusing her mind, body, and soul, and forces her into marriage. She quits her dream of becoming a pediatrician and starts believing the beatings are her fault. Precious starts losing hope and the very purpose of her existence. But her faith in the Lord keeps her sane at all times. 

Hi, I'm a Newly published Author. My book was released on Feb. 11, 2010 and so far i've been told its an excellent book. The book is available online from Barnes and Noble and all major bookstores.

www.myspace.com/frboston
Reader 2
Shindaheen
0 Kudos

Books of G.F. Skipworth

One day, a ways back, I was writing a piece of symphonic music, and four volumes of fantasy novel came out instead. I enjoyed it so much that I kept going, and all the books are available online at B&N around the world. I hope you'll enjoy the four volumes of "Fables of the Carpailtin Campfire" (Shindaheen, Fire And Iceland, Three Roads to Waitsburg, Airna of Karapin). Also released last month were "Stormfield - Tales From The Hereafter," a novello of historical fiction and light humor, and "Winterreise - Winter Journey," a fantasy novel based on the twenty four poems from Franz Schubert's "Die Winterreise." Coming out soon is, I believe, my favorite so far..."The Simpering, North Dakota Literary Society," another work of light humor in an historical setting. Next year, look for "The Madonna of Dunkirk." Meanwhile, I have to slow down and finish a conductor's treatise on Mahler's Fifth Symphony to satisfy the cap and gown folks - then it's back to fantasy where the real fun is. Happy reading to all - hope you'll visit me - G.F. Skipworth

New User
anastasiablackwell
0 Kudos

Coming soon - Hot New Gothic Suspense - www.houseonblacklake.com

For lovers of Twilight who hunger for a book about an ADULT woman's obsession with a charismatic man and struggle for empowerment. The erotic and romantic trailer filmed by acclaimed cinematographer Frazer Bradshaw may be viewed on website or utube. A music video for trailer includes guitar solo "Mysterious Encounter" by Peter Busboom. The book can be purchased at Barnes and Noble in the next few weeks.

Frequent Contributor
j.cafesin
0 Kudos

REVERB coming out June 30th

Finally my first novel, REVERB is coming out on June 30th with Zumaya Press. They are a small indi press so you probably won't see my book in B&N. They only deal with large presses and charge those publishers top dollar for good placement.

Too bad, too. There are so many great books out there. Makes me sad B&N is only in it for the most money they can make, instead of supporting great writers as well.

Oh well. You can still read great works by authors B&N won't carry by going to Goodreads.com or other similiar sites and finding out what's hot, even if B&N won't carry it.

J. Cafesin

www.jcafesin.com

http://jcafesin.blogspot.com/

www.jcafesin.com
Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill

Re: REVERB coming out June 30th

[ Edited ]

j.cafesin wrote:

Finally my first novel, REVERB is coming out on June 30th with Zumaya Press. They are a small indi press so you probably won't see my book in B&N. They only deal with large presses and charge those publishers top dollar for good placement.

Too bad, too. There are so many great books out there. Makes me sad B&N is only in it for the most money they can make, instead of supporting great writers as well.

Oh well. You can still read great works by authors B&N won't carry by going to Goodreads.com or other similiar sites and finding out what's hot, even if B&N won't carry it.

J. Cafesin

www.jcafesin.com

That's hardly a gracious nod to a company you impose upon to advertise your book!  Perhaps you should separate your advertising from your bones of contention?

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Paul_Hochman

[ Edited ]

j.cafesin wrote:

J. Cafesin

www.jcafesin.com

You are completely misinformed and wrong to boot. Click here to PURCHASE Robert Vardeman's Alien Death Fleet, which is published by the Zumaya Press. If you'd like, I can cite many more examples of the  books we carry from your publisher.

I'll be moving this post to the READ MY BOOK thread by the end of the day, but in the meantime, feel free to respond by way of symbolically removing your foot from your mouth.

RTA
Wordsmith
RTA

[ Edited ]

Peppermill wrote:

That's hardly a gracious nod to a company you impose upon to advertise your book!  Perhaps you should separate your advertising from your bones of contention?

I find the type of self-promotion j.cafesin engages on this forum somewhat loathesome.  But it takes a certain lack of awareness to both self-promote and erroneously criticize the vehicle you are using for that self-promotion.

KathyS

j.cafesin wrote:

J. Cafesin

www.jcafesin.com

J., You're not going to win readers, from here, to buy your book.  With this type of bashing of the hand that feeds your mouth, which as Paul stated, needs to have your foot removed, shows ignorance, as well as insulting.

If I were using these forums just to promote books, or anything else, the way you do, I'm surprised B&N doesn't drop you head first into the round file.  And if this is an example of a great writer that we are all missing, then I think you need your head examined, pronto!

p.s.  you might want to check your spelling.