Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
TruthSeeker1906
0 Kudos

1 S.O.U.L. Movement

Journey of the Soul   I am excited to be able to invite you to something historic and you have the opportunity to get in on the ground floor!  As many of you already know, 1 S.O.U.L. is a Movement to unite humanity & accelerate spiritual growth in the name of “One Source Of Universal Love!” 

For ages, mankind has had an attitude of identifying with only those that we believed were like ourselves.  We’ve all been guilty of discriminating against those who appear different.  Things such as skin color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age and religious beliefs have separated us.  However, most of our differences are based only in thought or idea.  

Science has shown that despite our different physical appearances, mankind’s genetic variation is less than .5% and we are physiologically speaking 99.5% alike! And socially we all seek the same things such as happiness, family, friends, material comfort, health and spiritual expression.  Spiritually speaking, we are all made of the same Essence. 

All else separates... only LOVE unites! 

We are now in a unique position to help spread this message to become the world's largest community, empowering personal and collective change in mind, body & spirit! 

You can help join this cause in spreading enlightened ways of better living physically, emotionally and spiritually. 

The 1 S.O.U.L. Movement consists of a free Social Network, spiritual writings & merchandise as well as 1 S.O.U.L. Foundation – a non-profit 501(c)3 organization geared to help the less fortunate such as foster & hospitalized children have birthdays. We also make visits to elderly in nursing homes with gifts and flowers as well as provide scholarships for students. 

This next phase is only the beginning of larger free events, concerts, retreats, membership programs and products to help us realize & fulfill our own greatest human potential – individually and as a society.  Our commitment is to feature only the highest quality offerings from the most inspiring leaders and to be a trusted source that truly helps better people's lives and support the goals of making a better world.

1 S.O.U.L. supports companies like Oprah’s Angel Network and CNN Heroes.  Through sponsorship & endorsements, 1 S.O.U.L. helps to bring awareness to these causes but we can only be a viable resource through the support of people such as you!  Just becoming a member shows these large corporations that we are a great market potential with strong numbers.  It will never cost you anything but your mere presence on the 1 S.O.U.L. Social Network as a member helps us show businesses that we are a force to be reckoned with; we help transform their revenues from paid advertising into non-profit work. 

We are all needed now. It's an all hands-on-deck moment in human history. Creating a vast community of innovators, awakeners, pioneers, authors, healers and agents of change is the New Dream!  Help us build a global family of remarkable people making our world a better place and let’s have fun doing it.

Visit 1 S.O.U.L. now and become a part of this vision, make money and support a positive cause!

http://www.the1soulwithin.com

1 S.O.U.L.

"One Source Of Universal Love"
Distinguished Wordsmith
crzynwrd4lf
0 Kudos

Re: The Tale of Halcyon Crane by Wendy Webb

Love the book. Definitely had me checking under my bed! Wonderful writing style!

"One potato, two potato, three potato, four/ she's coming for you now, you better lock the door"-- Promise Not To Tell
New User
suezzyw44
0 Kudos

Re: Malevolent Delusions

[ Edited ]

Hey all! I'm sure you are here because you either love to read as much as I do, or you know someone who does and you care enough to search here for a book or gift for them. Well, my name is Suzanne Wilson, and I have written a book called Malevolent Delusions.

Although I wrote it, I will say this, it is not for everyone. But, if you like ghosts and mysteries, it may be for you.

For those of you who have never written, I will tell you this......writing a book and getting it published is akin to giving birth. You want to show off your baby to the world, right? Well, I feel somewhat the same about my book.

Unfortunately, being a new, unkown author, that is a difficult, time consuming and expensive thing to do. I am a single parent who works two jobs, so the time and money are in short supply. So.......I thought I'd reach out to a few good people who love to read, and see where it goes. Please feel free to send me questions or comments. You can find me on facebook at SuzanneWilson@facebook.com.

Ariana's existence had been surrounded by the 'fruits of life, ' first showered upon her by her attentive father, then from the men she'd met and seduced. Then her attention turned to Josh, deciding she'd use her seductive powers to lure him into her web. At first, Josh resisted her, but his resistance was weak, and soon she had him right where she wanted him... well almost. Ariana lived her death as she had lived her life. Believing that anything she wanted, she should have, meanwhile, Josh's life started turning upside down because of Ariana's torment, causing him to break off his engagement to Julia, a woman he dearly loved. Ariana was his dark secret, a secret he so badly wanted to share, but he feared it. His mother and brother, Jake, began to worry about his odd behavior. He wasn't sleeping, and his high level of stress was evident. He often looked mentally misplaced, and as much as they probed, Josh was reluctant to share his torture, but eventually he did. It was by chance, that Josh met Serena, while in a bookstore looking for books on the subject of haunting. Serena was a sensitive, who instantly picked up on Josh's spirit, and she offered to help him, but her gothic attire sent Josh a perilous warning. Still, she knew things, so he decided to trust her, confiding the lustful details of his relationship with the malevolent entity, believing she could help him. Josh had already learned that there had been 'family' problems with that cottage. Generations of family members had owned the property; and a history of murders cursed the cottage, in fact, his grandfather had killed his grandmother, and then himself. The spiritual battle had begun, and with the help of his family, some new friends, medicine, psychiatry, Josh vowed to fight the good fight. Unfortunately, Ariana proved to be an antagonistic rival. She would not have anyone interfering with her quest to control and destroy Josh's life. No one!

You can order this book online from most all major retailers:smileyhappy:

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book! - Executive Lunch, a cozy mystery

[ Edited ]

Executive Lunch  has been out and doing well, thanks to supportive readers--I'm working hard on Executive Retention, the sequel, which should be out in July 2010!!!

In the meantime, I've released "Tracking Magic" a set of Max Killian case files.  Tracking Magic will be available at B&N very shortly.  So if you're looking for something with a mystery and magic...an urban fantasy that is a cross between Get Smart and Ghostbusters, this might be the book!!!

I'll post again with the link the moment "Tracking Magic" become available.

Thanks again for your support.

Very best,

Maria E. Schneider

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
New User
DKTD1
0 Kudos

Demons and Other Inconveniences by Dan Dillard

Short Horror Fiction... Some funny, others very not funny.

If you read my stories and like them, tell a friend, that's all I ask.

links here for free e-books:
www.facebook.com/Demons.And.Other.Inconveniences
or here:
www.smashwords.com/profile/view/DKTD

soon to be available on Apple, Amazon, B&N, etc... and print coming soon.

Dan

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Re: Malevolent Delusions

You can order this book online from most all major retailers

Suezzy -- since you are posting on B&N, here is your link for them.   I did this using the "Add Product" function on the editor.  Good luck! Sounds like, as a single parent w/2 jobs plus writing, you carry a heavy load.

Malevolent Delusions  by Suzanne Wilson

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
New User
WolfGirlFan
0 Kudos

Dark of kNight (kNight Series Book 1)

Paranormal Romance Guild- Review

"I enjoyed this story immensely! Ms. Mitchell writes with a poetic voice, painting a vivid world filled with engaging characters that spoke to this southerner's romantic heart.  She combines strong elements of traditional romance with fresh slants on paranormal lore, and adds enough suspense and intrigue to keep the pages turning, and your heart longing for more.  I look forward to more of this wonderful series from this talented author!"- Lisa Phillips, Paranormal Romance Author

For full review:  http://www.priacon.com/booksonreview.htm

Dark of kNight 

In this exciting wolf shaping tale you will find romance, passion, suspense and more.  Dark of kNight is a refreshing twist to your modern day werewolf lore. The story combines legends and myths creating a realistic twist of old werewolf lore and wolf shapeshifters(Lycans). 

Julie Knight never really knew how much her life would change after the death of her father.  After returning home to Spring Place, GA, the mysterious animal attacks begin.  The small town is in an uproar over the horrific killings.

Julie finds herself in danger when the truth of who she is has been revealed.  The last of a thousand year wolf bloodline of Lycans, Guardians of the mysterious Fort Mountain.

Daniel Maxwell, the handsome, dark, yet mysterious scientist returns home for the funeral.  He has changed, but his love for Julie remains the same.  She is what he has always wanted.  She is what he needs.  He would die for her.  He would kill for her.

The passions begin to flare and so does the romance between Julie and Daniel.  Joining forces with a mysterious group of moon-eyed people. Together they must prepare for the ultimate battle- the battle against a deadly pack of werewolves.

Can Julie and Daniel's love be strong enough to protect them from their dangerous desires? Or will they be forever lost in the Dark of kNight.

Fall of kNight (kNight Series Book 2) will be available May 18th!

New User
Tamela
0 Kudos

Angel's Fire, Demon's Blood

Angel's Fire, Demon's Blood  I'm so pleased to announce that my wonderful publisher as released my first paranormal romance Angel's Fire, Demon's Blood at Barnes and Noble.  Ooh, I'm so thrilled and I want to share the moment with everyone, so I've added a bonus excerpt.  Take a moment and drop by to check out the paranormal romance novel and let me know what you think!

Lucien D’ Angel is a celebrated paranormal detective with a lucrative television show and numerous best selling books pertaining to the world that may exist beyond the human experience. He’s managed to keep the proverbial low profile over the decades and has purposely stayed out of the public eye, due to a secret that he harbors.  His life was perfect.  Low keyed, private (except for the television shows) and orderly.

That was, until Evangeline Keegan enters his life and disrupts the perfect facade that he had erected over the centuries.

Despite all outward appearance, Lucien has been cursed for nearly four centuries, striving to maintain a some-what ‘normal’ existence in society. Due to the actions of his father, D’ Angel the Destroyer, he has been cursed with the sight.  He sees the spirits of the damned and those left behind at every twist and turn and he has been reluctantly assigned to gather their lost souls.  It is a torment that he has endured, lacking any form of human contact and successfully evading the attention of his demonic twin, Julian.

Julian is everything that Lucien is not and his goal is to destroy all that Lucien holds dear, never permitting the curse that has plagued them for so many centuries to end.

Lucien has kept the secret of his identity well hidden behind a cool veneer of intelligence, but Eva soon learns that Lucien is a tortured and tormented soul who craves the one thing she will refuse to grant him.
His own death.

EXCERPT:

“D’Angel.”
The pronunciation of the name fell from her numb lips. She realized as she said the word that it did seem to fit him, oddly enough. He did bring to mind the paintings she had seen of angels in her youth, elaborate images that had filled the stained glass windows at the church her parent’s had attended. Those same angels had been pale and glowing, radiating with a serenity that was undefinable. Nevertheless, there was something else. There was some sort of…she was not aware of what, precisely, even though the angelic reference to Lucien D’Angel hit a distinctly sour note.
“Yes, my name is D’Angel.” He reiterated the appellation with extreme calmness even though she was aware of the expression that suddenly flooded his face. Extreme and intense disgust was clearly etched in every line, the name not one he cared to acknowledge. He appeared to mentally shake himself, sloughing off whatever demons had invaded his thoughts at the admission.
As he took another hesitant step toward her, Eva wondered why she felt slightly more chilled than she had ever felt in her life. The very atmosphere within the comfortable warmth of the apartment appeared to have changed.
“There are oddities in this world the normal and extremely fragile human mind cannot accept.” He continued and, for the briefest fraction of a second, Eva observed that he appeared to restrain a shiver of his own. “What I am prepared to reveal to you, Evangeline, I desperately require you to comprehend with an open and objective mind.”
“Whatever for, Lucien?”
He took another step toward her and she belatedly acknowledged the intense darkness of his heavily lidded eyes failed to reflect any semblance of the gentle lighting that filled the room. She detected the sound of a sharply inhaled breath somewhere in the deep recesses of her ear. Evangeline belatedly realized the wavering spirit that had hovered in the room had vanished as rapidly as it had appeared, suddenly wary of the presence of the individual that approached her. She peered up at the slowly advancing individual and discovered a look of intense wariness evident upon his flawless features.
Without uttering a word, Lucien D’Angel lifted the paleness of his hands. The flesh of his nearly colorless palms were level to her features and she pulled back, startled by the suddenness of his action.
There, resplendent even in the brilliant glow that filled the living room of his ultra modern apartment, her host had scars more common with a world that had passed centuries ago. Eva was unable to restrain the choking gasp of revulsion that escaped her.
Savagely burnt into the tender and highly sensitive flesh of his left hand, Lucien bore a circular brand that had a depicted a multitude of angels and demons, eternally intertwined and cavorting in a lewd and spectacular dance of death. As she watched, a small yelp of unavoidable fright escaped her bloodless lips. Lucien D’Angel had never moved from his rigid stance before her. She did not have to lift her horrified regard for him to comprehend the terror that filled her rapidly pulsating heart.
Before her appalled gaze, the tortured scar that filled his palm began to burn with an intensity that could only rival that of a freshly applied brand. The whiteness of his skin turned bright and glowing and the flesh began to twist and swirl. The garish images appeared to absorb all radiant light evident in the universe and illuminated the dim confines of the room with a gleaming show of intense white light.
Eva fell back into the cushions of the sofa as the engraved demons danced wildly against his flesh, their faces contorted into hideous visages of terror and fear. The winged angels rose brightly against the tortured and puckered flesh and withdrew mighty swords that shot minute rays of reddish flame against the abnormal pallor of his skin.
“I need you, Evangeline Keegan.” His plea was heartfelt although the issuance of his words struck a chord of dread deep within her.
“Why?” She gasped, the word sticking in her throat as she cringed back into the leather cushions of the sofa.
“I require your assistance, Evangeline Keegan.” He paused, mentally forming his words before he spoke them aloud. “I need to die.”
Contributor
Donna-Callea
0 Kudos

NEW COASTAL TIMES by Donna Callea (just 99 cents)

And now for something completely different...

As Hurricane Walter, the worst hurricane ever recorded (at least so far),
reshapes the overdeveloped East Central Florida coast, swallows condos up
whole, and ushers in a world-wide disaster-filled era spurred by
global warming, Mia Gionfreddo Fine crouches in the crumbling newsroom of
the (let's face it) crummy newspaper she works for, listening to the
publisher sing Broadway show tunes.

Set in the near future (maybe tomorrow), NEW COASTAL TIMES is a seriocomic romp through a not-so-brave new world where religious fanatics wait for Jesus in the Okefenokee Swamp, martial law rules in the still existing cities, the government sets up free-love communes for displaced youth, and a group of intrepid travelers—including former so-so reporter Mia, her adorable dedicated doctor husband, his avuncular tenor mentor, a good-hearted baritone pimp, and the show-tune-singing publisher (an aging soprano) make their way from Florida to New York in the New Coastal TImes Performing Arts Center van. Because, when you get right down to it, there really is no place like home.
NEW COASTAL TIMES has been selling well on Amazon since March, and has just made its debut on B&N for the Nook.   For a limited time, it's priced at just 99 cents.  Hope you'll give it a try.  I love to hear from readers, so let me know how you like it. 

Donna Callea
Contributor
Donna-Callea
0 Kudos

Wooops... Forget to include link to NEW COASTAL TIMES

I'm new here, so please forgive me...

Here's the link for NEW COASTAL TIMES (see previous post)

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/New-Coastal-Times/Donna-Callea/e/2940000834992/?itm=2&USRI=%22donna...

Donna Callea