Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Donna-Callea
0 Kudos

NEW COASTAL TIMES by Donna Callea (link)

Donna Callea
New User
MLHamilton
0 Kudos

Emerald by ML Hamilton

[ Edited ]

Emerald  is:

...gut-wrenching sacrifice... Wonderfully written. --Karen Blakeney, author of Nathan: A Heart, A Storm, A Prayer

Slick and gripping. --Lynne McLean, author of Brooklyn Bridge

Style and voice, gripping and vivid. --Osman Bangura, author of Cold Love

In one terrible instant, Kai is thrown from his privileged life and plunged into a conflict that began before he was born. Worse yet, he learns that the one man who can help him is his enemy.

Kiameron is the crown prince of DiNolfol. He is torn between two destinies - assuming the crown upon his father's death or answering the call of his non-Human traits, abilities associated with the mysterious Stravad.

The decision is made for him with the destruction of everything he holds dear. Armed with his burgeoning powers and a mysterious talisman that he does not know how to use, Kai strikes back at Gava, the despot who destroyed his life.

Crippled by self-doubt and fear, he falters in his quest, until he meets a man who forces him to take action. However, his new ally is hiding secrets, secrets that will rob Kai of everything he holds sacred.

Contributor
davidhburton
0 Kudos

The Second Coming - David H. Burton

Hi there!

This seems to be the place to plug our books, so here goes the pitch! 

My name is David H. Burton and I'm an indie author, adoptive father of 3 boys, manager of chaos, science and technology geek, person of the queer persuasion, and purveyor of sacrilege. :smileytongue:

My novel, The Second Coming, has just become available here at B&N for the Nook. It's got something of a paranormal/fantasy bent to it, but I'm finding that non-fantasy readers are really enjoying it as well. 

It's currently $1.99.

Here's the synopsis (it seems to be missing on the product page at the moment).

Five hundred years have passed since the Earth shifted on its axis - a catastrophic event that wiped out civilization and released the powers of the dead back to Earth. With technology long abandoned, a dark age has shrouded our world once more. Travel to a future of blood sacrifice, demons, witchcraft, and an immoral God that has returned to reclaim his former dominion.

"Beautifully written, dark and eerie vision of an apocalyptic future." - Margaret Weis, New York Times Bestselling Author

"David H. Burton is a dark new talent in the genre. This one will make you leave the lights on for a week!" - USA Today Bestseller, Cathy Clamp

NOTE: This isn't for those that are sensitive about their religious beliefs. :smileysurprised:

I have a creepy book trailer on YouTube.

And you can visit me on the web at http://davidhburton.com where I blog about all kinds of random things.

Pitch over. :smileywink:

Nice to meet you all!!

Cheers!

David

The Second Coming 

David H. Burton
http://davidhburton.com
Author of The Second Coming and Scourge
Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

Re: The Second Coming - David H. Burton

[ Edited ]

Good post, David!

Thanks for the courtesy of

a) asking first

b) putting it here.

To at least several of us, your consideration is deeply appreciated.

Not my genre of book (nor do I own an ereader other than my PC), but I wish you well.

Pepper

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Contributor
davidhburton
0 Kudos

Re: The Second Coming - David H. Burton

Thanks for pointing me to it!! I know a lot of forums get cluttered with us authors trying to capture reader attention and thought there might be a place designated for this. :smileyhappy:

Cheers!

David

David H. Burton
http://davidhburton.com
Author of The Second Coming and Scourge
New User
garnerstyle
0 Kudos

The Curvy Girl's Guide to Style

This book is for all you plus size ladies that are seeking to reach your style destination - - - Can be purchased at http://garnerstyle.blogspot.com or amazon.com

Literally a crash course on having fabulous style at any size, this book explores several areas of style that the average curvy girl struggles with.  Dressing your body type, shopping, and much more can be found and not from the perspective of a person who has never been in your shoes, but from a stylista who has always worn your peep toe pumps.  Combine this with a little good humor, a dash of tough love, and whole lot of style and you have The Curvy Girl’s Guide to Style, Volume I. 

http://garnerstyle.blogspot.com
New User
garnerstyle
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

This is for the plus size women who want to achieve thier style destination.

Literally a crash course on having fabulous style at any size, this book explores several areas of style that the average curvy girl struggles with.  Dressing your body type, shopping, and much more can be found and not from the perspective of a person who has never been in your shoes, but from a stylista who has always worn your peep toe pumps.  Combine this with a little good humor, a dash of tough love, and whole lot of style and you have The Curvy Girl’s Guide to Style, Volume I.

You can purchase this book at http://garnerstyle.blogspot.com or amazon.com

Chastity Garner, the author,  opened up Garner Style to not only offer image consulting services to plus size women, but to the boutiques that serve them.   After styling woman after woman, who had mountains of questions about style for the full figured women this lead to the start of “The Curvy Girl’s Guide to Style.”  A blog that reviews plus size fashion, gives the curvy girl style advise, and actively interacts with it’s readers to answer questions on fashion and style.  Recognition that this blog has a credible and solid place in plus size fashion came as increasing guest writer requests were sent from companies such as Dorothy Perkins and Skorch Magazine.  Interviews from plus size fashion’s most recognizable fashion mavens, Ashley Falcon of Marie Claire Magazine & famed model, Velvet D’Amour, were granted for this blog as well.  In addition, she has more recently started writing for The Examiner, The Dallas Plus Size Fashion Edition 

http://garnerstyle.blogspot.com
New User
jusTemple
0 Kudos

Can You See What I SEE by jusTemple

An open invitation to reach into my exaggeration. To ride into my emotional fears through paper. Being the passenger to witness my illusion. In front row seats to becoming my eyes in the moment of trauma. The approach to an entrance of mind suggestion and betrayal. Performance by a tear on a clown, gripping a dare in search of the truth, to counter act emotions with a feminine crazed approach. An entertainment with a mission to see, what I see. Can you?

About me,

My son explained me in a nut shell. My son once told me I have two personalities, but it doesn't make me bipolar. The personalities he says I have are Sweet and the other Crazy, which he says makes me unknown.

Another thing about me, EYES, one of GOD's many blessings that I have. With my eyes, I can see things that you wouldn't think about, but it's always there. The eyes you can see the mood, health, and personality of the person. Through the eyes of a person, it's true, BUT it also depends on your heart, too. I was taught to observe first, and learning of the eyes came later.

I have a secret that I'm going to reveal to my readers. For over half of my lifespan, I didn't like to be looked in the eyes too long.  I didn't want a soul to know how I felt. I became my worst enemy. I hid my inner feelings, turning my emotions into TEARS of a CLOWN instead of SCREAMS of a BEAST.

Now, I have told you something deep about myself. This is to show my appreciation to you for reading my book. An ocean full of thanks!

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Can-You-See-What-I-See/jusTemple/e/9781452007151/?itm=1&USRI=justem...

Web page: www.jusTemple.com  ( web page in maintenance, will be ready on May 22)

jusTemple
Contributor
Donna-Callea
0 Kudos

THE HAIRCUT, A NEW YEAR'S TALE by Donna Callea

The Haircut, A New Year's Tale made its debut as an ebook on Amazon just before Christmas, which was pretty timely, since it's a whimsical, sensual love story with a holiday theme.  I figured it would be a seasonal seller.  But to my delight, it's still going strong.

This month, for the first time, it's also available for the Nook, priced at just 99 cents. 

The Haircut, A New Year's Tale 

I'm also the author of 

New Coastal Times 

But in this post, I'll stick with telling you about "The Haircut."

The story begins two days after Christmas in a city that could be New York.  It's about love and loss, perceptions of beauty, and the promise of new beginings.  The central characters are a young, widowed barber who's still grieving for his wife, and an abused princess from an Eastern European principality who's being forced to marry an obsessed millionaire.  The novel also introduces Misha, the New Year's Angel, who has a hand in the proceedings.

"The Haircut" currently has 11 reader reviews on Amazon-- all positive and some positively glowing.  It's been compared to holiday classics such as "Miracle on 34th Street," and, needless to say, I'm very grateful for the response.  I'm hoping it will do was well in the B&N ebook store.

I love to hear from readers.  I hope you'll give my work a try and let me know what you think.  

Donna Callea
Author
MaureenMiller
0 Kudos

VICTORY COVE

[ Edited ]

:smileyhappy: Hello everyone!  I would love to share with you my latest romantic suspense novel, VICTORY COVE, which is a follow up to WIDOW'S TALE.  Both books are set in the same Maine coastal village.  Though the setting and some of the characters are the same, VICTORY COVE is a completely independent story.

About the book....  www.maureenamiller.com

Megan Summers thought that she was safe in the remote coastal village of Victory Cove. For a year she hid in seclusion, preparing for the battle ahead by building her own target range and practicing adaptability in the darkened halls of Wakefield House. But, today a stranger appeared on her doorstep. Was he it? Was he her executioner?

For Jake Grogan, his trek to Victory Cove started out with a cryptic letter from a woman who after thirty-five years of silence identified herself as his mother. He was told to locate Wakefield House, the home of his grandmother. Jake found the sinister residence on the outermost crag of the ocean, but the woman who answered the door was not elderly. She was young, attractive, and looked like she would do about anything to get him off her doorstep.

Jake Grogan came to Victory Cove to discover his past. Megan Summers came to Victory Cove to escape hers. Inside Wakefield House their lives collide, and on the edge where land and sea meet, they wage a battle and struggle to survive the night.

These books are available for the Nook here on Barnes and Noble, or please visit me at www.maureenamiller.com

ENDLESS NIGHT - Carina Press
www.maureenamiller.com