Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
plumboz
0 Kudos

Re: Change in Regular Price for Boomerang

Looks like it is taking a lot longer for the price to change here at B&N, so you've still got some time to pick up Boomerang (ebook edition) for just $0.89. Of course, if you're purposely waiting for the change to $2.99 because you just feel that's more like a fair price :smileywink:, well, that's cool too!

Best,

Alan

Best,
Alan Hutcheson (aka Plumboz)

author of Boomerang, a comic novel of international intrigue, with music
Frequent Contributor
plumboz
0 Kudos

Looks like the price is taking longer than I thought it would, so at least for a while you can still get it at just $0.89. Of course, if you're waiting for the price to go to $2.99 just because you feel that is a fairer price for such a fine piece of literature, well, who am I to say anything against such a stance?

Best,

Alan

Best,

Frequent Contributor
JeromeCKing
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

[ Edited ]

Try Encounter at North Road House, where a masked-unbeatable-psycho like Jason enters a house for another kill, but the house is a haunted house, and the wicked ghosts lock him in and immmediately, a war breaks out between the masked-killer and the elements of the haunted house. Get it below for $9.99 from the publisher or just buy it direct from Barnes&Noble.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9781448947607?itm=1

http://www.publishamerica.net/product95489.html

Encounter at North Road House by Jerome Christopher King: Book Cover

Distinguished Bibliophile
Peppermill
0 Kudos

JeromeCKing wrote:

Try Encounter at North Road House, where a masked-unbeatable-psycho like Jason enters a house for another kill, but the house is a haunted house, and the wicked ghosts lock him in and immmediately, a war breaks out between the masked-killer and the elements of the haunted house. Get it below for $9.99 from the publisher or just buy it direct from Barnes&Noble.

Have you noted all the comments on the "what are you reading thread" of the General Fiction board?

As an author, they should be pleasing to you.  I have noticed your book mentioned on the First Look board as well, I believe in the Community thread.

"Seize the moments of happiness, love and be loved! That is the only reality in the world, all else is folly. It is the one thing we are interested in here." -- Leo Tolstoy
Frequent Contributor
JeromeCKing
0 Kudos

Thank you.  Staying on top of it, you know.  :smileyhappy:

Peppermill wrote:

JeromeCKing wrote:

Have you noted all the comments on the "what are you reading thread" of the General Fiction board?

As an author, they should be pleasing to you.  I have noticed your book mentioned on the First Look board as well, I believe in the Community thread.

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book! - Catch an Honest Thief

Catch an Honest Thief  is about to get an updated cover!!!  Okay, some people may want the old one, which is still available on B&N...but if you want to check out the new, updated look, visit my website:  www.BearMountainBooks.com -- coming soon to stores near you!

An adventure across the desert of New Mexico; high-tech gadgets, a mystery and a romance.

Alexia is trying to protect the crystals that power the city of Haven. Going undercover and stealing the crystals seemed like a great idea--until a real thief showed up.

Bait and switch is suddenly cat and mouse--but who is the real thief? And why is the new security chief spending so much time looking into her background?

Confessing her secret plans to protect the crystals might help the security chief narrow in on the real culprit, but it would cost Alexia her job, her freedom, and her status. Of course, if she keeps standing in the way of the real thief, it will cost her a whole lot more.

Young adults may also enjoy this cozy mystery with a romantic subplot.

Thank you,
Maria

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
New User
lancedickson
0 Kudos

The Spiritual Journey of a Confused Man

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Lance Dickson lancedickson@gmail.com New Book Gives Glimpse into the Life of a Christian Military Man Author shares how God provided direction and comfort during trying times LONGWOOD, FL—There are many times when people will find themselves in a confused state of mind, not knowing where to turn or what to do. This was the state Xulon author Lance Dickson found himself in when he started writing and reading his journal. He found that, in addition to reading the Bible, reading his journal brought peace to his heart and direction to his life. Within the pages of his new release, The Spiritual Journey of a Confused Man ($11.99, paperback, 978-1-60957-555-7), readers will get a glimpse into the actual journal of a Christian military man written over a seven-year period during which God provided direction and comfort through difficult circumstances in his life. “I hope that through taking this 50-day journey, the readers will develop a deeper insight to the Word of God and know that He speaks to the heart of anyone who feels isolated or has lost his way,” the author says. “The book is news worthy due to how it was written, how the original journal was used, the story behind why it was written, and the effect the journal had on strengthening my Christian walk as I traveled through the difficulties of divorce, isolation, and separation from my children.” Dickson, a retired military submariner, knows all too well the feelings of isolation and loneliness. After having been divorced and separated from his children due to supporting a naval mission, he understands the helpless feeling—which is how the journal came into existence. It is his hope that this book will resonate with others who are experiencing similar feelings, and help them to find comfort during these trying times. Xulon Press, a division of Salem Communications, is the world’s largest Christian publisher, with more than 7,300 titles published to date. Retailers may order The Spiritual Journey of a Confused Man through Ingram Book Company and/or Spring Arbor Book Distributors. The Spiritual Journey of a Confused Man is available online through xulonpress.com/bookstore, amazon.com, and barnesandnoble.com.
Frequent Contributor
plumboz
0 Kudos

I see that B&N has finally received the memo about Boomerang going to $2.99. I'll bet the only reason it hasn't registered officially yet is because Amazon hasn't changed their price. Funny game these booksellers play. Anyway, thanks to everyone here who has already gotten their copy and I just wanted to let you know that the $0.99 price is on its way out. So, if you want to save a couple of bucks on a book that prompted this review from a Smashwords reviewer:

Review by: Jessica G. on Jan. 01, 2010 : starstarstarstarstar
Loved this book! Hutcheson does a great job creating a host of wacky characters all after the same object. I really enjoyed seeing all of the different plot lines and watching them all converge. I will definitely be recommending this one!

Now is the time!

Best,

Alan

Best,

Frequent Contributor
MichelleWachbrit
0 Kudos

The Last Guardian by Michelle Wachbrit

The Last Guardian Website

About the Book: 

Mienya is only twelve when her twisted older brother, Garin, kills nearly everyone on Ckanizar, their home planet. Having lost everything dear to her, Mienya must fight to prevent Garin from destroying other worlds. As a winged Guardian — a being born only once every 5,000 years with the ability to wield tremendous energetic power — Mienya knows that she is the only one who can stop him.

Her pursuit brings her to Earth, where she meets three students — Robin, Nathan, and Christopher — who risk their lives to stand against Garin and to help Mienya. What begins as a tussle over an alien world quickly becomes personal for this trio as they join Mienya in a battle to save planet Earth and everyone on it.

So begins The Guardian series.

About the Author:

Hello. My name is Michelle Wachbrit. I am 23 and currently residing in Nevada. I've been writing since I was a child and my greatest dream has always been to be a published author. I finally realized this dream when I signed a publishing contract for three books and I want to share my series with as many people as possible.

I hope you'll give the book a try! Thanks for looking!

Check my website (http://thelastguardianbook.com/) to buy my YA book, read the first chapter, look over character bios, and much more!
B&N: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9780984154364/
Contributor
jascribbles
0 Kudos

Healing Touch - Romance Novella

Hi - My ebook Healing Touch was recently discounted to $0.99

If you like light, funny romance stories, you'll (hopefully) like mine.

Healing Touch 

Thanks for taking a peek.

Jenna