Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Holly_Jahangiri
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Books! FOUR books: 2 for children, 1 for adults and 1 especially for nook owners...

Children's Books...

Trockle is the story of a little boy who is afraid to sleep, because there's a monster under his bed. What he doesn't know is that there is a little monster under the bed who may be even MORE terrified of HIM!

A Puppy, Not a Guppy is the story of a little girl whose parents adamantly refuse to let her have a dog. Reluctantly - and only to save them from a swirly fate - her parents agree to let her keep a few fish. How is Irma going to deal with the disappointment? She can't walk them or play with them or teach them to fetch - in short, they're pretty boring. Or are they?

...and for the Grown-Ups

Hidden Lies and Other Stories is a collection of short stories by Holly Jahangiri (me!) and Vivian Gilbert Zabel. In these pages, you will find 21 short stories with elements of mystery, crime, romance, and occasional touches of horror.

In Honor of My New Nook!

Innocents & Demons is a sampling of 15 short stories and 6 poems in ePub format, for just $2.99. (Self-publishing and shameless self-promotion at its finest! I actually just wanted to see if I could create my own eBooks, and decided to share the fruits of my labors with other eReader owners. I hope you enjoy it!)

----
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -- Groucho Marx
Frequent Contributor
JeromeCKing
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Try Encounter at North Road House, where a masked-unbeatable-psycho like Jason enters a house for another kill, but the house is a haunted house, and the wicked ghosts lock him in and immmediately, a war breaks out between the masked-killer and the elements of the haunted house. Get it below for $9.99 from the publisher or just buy it direct from Barnes&Noble.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9781448947607?itm=1

http://www.publishamerica.net/product95489.html

Encounter at North Road House by Jerome Christopher King: Book Cover

Frequent Contributor
MichelleWachbrit
0 Kudos

The Last Guardian by Michelle Wachbrit

[ Edited ]

The Last Guardian Website

The Last Guardian is now available for purchase on barnesandnoble.com!

About the Book: 

Mienya is only twelve when her twisted older brother, Garin, kills nearly everyone on Ckanizar, their home planet. Having lost everything dear to her, Mienya must fight to prevent Garin from destroying other worlds. As a winged Guardian — a being born only once every 5,000 years with the ability to wield tremendous energetic power — Mienya knows that she is the only one who can stop him.

Her pursuit brings her to Earth, where she meets three students — Robin, Nathan, and Christopher — who risk their lives to stand against Garin and to help Mienya. What begins as a tussle over an alien world quickly becomes personal for this trio as they join Mienya in a battle to save planet Earth and everyone on it.

So begins The Guardian series.

I hope everyone will take a look and give the book a try!

Check my website (http://thelastguardianbook.com/) to buy my YA book, read the first chapter, look over character bios, and much more!
B&N: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9780984154364/
New User
C_B_Davis
0 Kudos

Deep Salvage By C. B. Davis

Hi, My name is Chris Davis and I published a book on 07/27/2010. The name of work is Deep Salvage and it's tags are Science Fiction; Drama. When I read books I like to have the physical book in my hands and feel the pages between my finger tips allowing my to image the work, emotions and time authors like myself have put into the world we put the reader into. Deep Salvage took me three years to put together and I will admit for my first book there are mistakes. Of course I did go with a cheap publishing package.Deep Salvage  

C. B. Davis
Frequent Contributor
plumboz
0 Kudos

Re: Change in Regular Price for Boomerang

Looks like the $2.99 price change will not be happening. It's kind of complicated and our ol' friend Amazon made themselves a major player in this momentous decision, but in any case nobody need fret about the price going up for Boomerang anytime in the near future.

Regardless of what price you pay, I would like to say thank you to everyone who has already gotten a copy (paper or ebook). I do hope you enjoy it!

Best,
Alan Hutcheson (aka Plumboz)

author of Boomerang, a comic novel of international intrigue, with music
New User
Kishinaru
0 Kudos

Re: No title yet but its by Tyron Osuide. Is it good so far?

cn some1 plz telll me wether my story is good or not?

Frequent Contributor
plumboz
0 Kudos

Re: Boomerang

[ Edited ]

If I could send out a Thank You to those of you who have downloaded Boomerang recently. It has been very gratifying to see it's B&N ranking improve bit by bit over the past few weeks and I do hope everyone who has had a chance to check it out so far has found it an enjoyable read.

I would love to hear from you with your comments, both good and bad. Feel free to drop by my blog devoted to Boomerang at boomerangbyalanhutcheson.blogspot.com and let me know what you thought.

Best,

Alan Hutcheson

Boomerang

Best,
Alan Hutcheson (aka Plumboz)

author of Boomerang, a comic novel of international intrigue, with music
Contributor
Holly_Jahangiri
0 Kudos

Re: No title yet but its by Tyron Osuide. Is it good so far?

How would we do that? Do you have a link? Is it a book or a short story? 

----
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -- Groucho Marx
Author
MaureenMiller
0 Kudos

Romantic Suspense - WIDOW'S TALE

If you would like to escape to the rugged coast of Maine in the middle of a nor'easter for some romantic suspense, please try out WIDOW'S TALE

Widow's Tale by Maureen A. Miller: Download Cover  Serena Murphy was losing her mind.

Every night Serena stood on the deck of O'Flanagans Tavern, searching Maine's rugged coast for a sign of her husband's body. Though he was pronounced lost at sea, Alan Murphy still haunted her as only his malevolent spirit could. In the loft above her tavern, Serena hears footsteps pace across her living room floor, yet when she turns, no one is there.

Alan would not let a little thing like death stop him from tormenting her. If she could just find his body, surely this torture would stop.

It had been ten years since Brett Murphy saw his sister in-law, although the separation was by design, to avoid temptation. Now Brett was in Victory Cove, not to declare his feelings for Serena, but to discover the truth about his brother's death. In doing so, he must battle Serena's ghosts, both real and contrived.

ENDLESS NIGHT - Carina Press
www.maureenamiller.com
New User
Ellen_Jayne
0 Kudos

Advice From A Dead Stripper by Ellen Jayne

Hello, fellow readers and writers!

Please check out my profile page for my biography. You can learn more about my book on my website: http://www.ellenjayne.com

Here's a tickler:  A small, rural Pennsylvania town unknowingly hides Catherine Richardson from her dangerous ex-boyfriend, Jarred, until her location is revealed by meeting Susan, an exotic dancer who's beautiful, witty and -- dead.  Logical, straight-laced Catherine never believed in ghosts, until now.  In fact, she'll do anything to silence the big-mouthed stripper who shows up unannounced, dispenses advice unsolicited, thinks only of sex, and lies as much as she tells the truth.

The more Catherine resists listening to Susan, the louder Susan rants until Catherine unwillingly begins to see herself, and her past, through a different lens.  Catherine realizes she'll need to take Advice From A Dead Stripper to escape her stalker, trust her instincts and find true love -- even if it's Susan's killer.

Thanks for checking it out!

Author of: Advice From A Dead Stripper
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/24335