Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Re: Catch an Honest Thief - brand new cover!

c

Catch an Honest Thief  has a brand new cover--done by Deb Wentz!  I know, I know, there's a SNAKE on the front of a cozy mystery!  But it's a cute snake really...

A caper across the desert of New Mexico; high-tech gadgets, a mystery and a romance.

Alexia is trying to protect the crystals that power the city of Haven. Going undercover and stealing the crystals seemed like a great idea--until a real thief showed up.

Bait and switch is suddenly cat and mouse--but who is the real thief? And why is the new security chief spending so much time looking into her background?

Confessing her secret plans to protect the crystals might help the security chief narrow in on the real culprit, but it would cost Alexia her job, her freedom, and her status. Of course, if she keeps standing in the way of the real thief, it will cost her a whole lot more.

Young adults may also enjoy this cozy mystery with a romantic subplot.

Thank you,

Maria

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
Frequent Contributor
plumboz
0 Kudos

Re: Boomerang

Hope it's okay if I haul out Boomerang's latest reader review from Amazon. Considering that I very much enjoy Dave Barry's writing and It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World was one of the inspirations for Boomerang, this nice review is pretty darned gratifying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Read!, September 17, 2010
By blondie  (Washington, DC) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Boomerang (Kindle Edition)

This reminded me of a cross between Dave Barry's Big Trouble and It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. Don't be mistaken, Alan Hutcheson has his own brand of talent and shows it off in Boomerang. This is a funny, convoluted tale of mystery and mayhem. It's a mad dash to see who can get to the boomerang first. Why? The Boomerang contains detrimental CIA secrets. I'll try to sum it up: Ted is a jazz musician but his guitar, Sarah, is in the window of a pawn store. In order to get some cash to spring her Ted teams up with Jerry for an assignment from the AABC an unofficial branch of the government. The assignment is to get the boomerang... but so many things can go wrong with such a simple assignment. Things like a crazy pair of Australian sisters, an insane assassin who carries a crossbow, a cheerleader who rarely wears clothes, and a senator or two. I strongly recommend you follow Ted and Jerry (I kept wanting to say Tom and Jerry!) on this adventure. You will laugh the whole way.

Boomerang  

Best,
Alan Hutcheson (aka Plumboz)

author of Boomerang, a comic novel of international intrigue, with music
Frequent Contributor
JeromeCKing
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Try Encounter at North Road House, where a masked-unbeatable-psycho like Jason enters a house for another kill, but the house is a haunted house, and the wicked ghosts lock him in and immmediately, a war breaks out between the masked-killer and the elements of the haunted house. Get it below for $9.99 from the publisher or just buy it direct from Barnes&Noble.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9781448947607?itm=1

http://www.publishamerica.net/product95489.html

Encounter at North Road House by Jerome Christopher King: Book Cover

New User
malachi216
0 Kudos

Hey there Readers/Authors.

[ Edited ]

Hello all, My name is Neal Noakes, I am from England, and have written a book which is due for release in the near future through Old Line Publishing.

The book is available for preorder, HERE

more info and up to date news at nealnoakes.com

AND the first chapter can be view FOR FREE, HERE

any other questions, any other queries feel free to ask, am really excited about this and would really love to hear any comments from well read individuals :smileyhappy:

New User
Tim_Frost
0 Kudos

'The Abigail Affair' - contemporary Caribbean suspense thriller - eBook launch offer $0.99

Thanks to everyone who downloaded my first thriller 'Final Passage' - almost 15,000 of you.

Many people asked when the next book would be ready. Well, here it is!

I am delighted to announce that my second contemporary nautical yarn is available on special offer for a limited period at just $0.99.

Toby Robinson is 22 and broke. He lands a job as junior steward on a Russian oligarch's yacht in the Caribbean and feels his luck is about to change.

It is, but not in the way Toby hoped. On his first night aboard he is framed for a brutal murder. Armed only with a winning smile and a flair for mixing cocktails, can Toby clear his name, stay alive - and foil a sinister international conspiracy that threatens the entire western hemisphere?

- Tim Frost (author)

The Abigail Affair  

Frequent Contributor
MichelleWachbrit
0 Kudos

The Last Guardian by Michelle Wachbrit

[ Edited ]

The Last Guardian Official Website

The Last Guardian will be up for pre-sale! An initial run of 1000 copies will be available on my website (link above) and they should start shipping out Oct. 1. This is your chance to get a copy of the book well before it's actual street date! Those who buy the book now will be entered in a raffle for a chance to win a bust-up digital painting from my cover artist. Be sure to message me and let me know if you've purchased so I can keep track of you. The raffle will be held on October 15th. Don't miss out on this opportunity!

About the Book: 

Mienya is only twelve when her twisted older brother, Garin, kills nearly everyone on Ckanizar, their home planet. Having lost everything dear to her, Mienya must fight to prevent Garin from destroying other worlds. As a winged Guardian — a being born only once every 5,000 years with the ability to wield tremendous energetic power — Mienya knows that she is the only one who can stop him.

Her pursuit brings her to Earth, where she meets three students — Robin, Nathan, and Christopher — who risk their lives to stand against Garin and to help Mienya. What begins as a tussle over an alien world quickly becomes personal for this trio as they join Mienya in a battle to save planet Earth and everyone on it.

So begins The Guardian series.

I hope everyone will take a look and give the book a try!

Check my website (http://thelastguardianbook.com/) to buy my YA book, read the first chapter, look over character bios, and much more!
B&N: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9780984154364/
Frequent Contributor
plumboz
0 Kudos

Re: Boomerang

Often times the nicest reviews aren't reviews at all, but those direct notes from readers. If I could share this one I just received over at nookboards from reader CraftyOtt.

I wish I had the words to write a great and witty review to do your book justice!  I really enjoyed it and couldn't help thinking "you know if this were made into a movie, it would be hilarious....", then I started picking out actors for the various characters.  Yeah, I know... I need to get out more often.  Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent!

I hope you'll take a moment to check out Boomerang. Maybe you'll get as big a kick out of it as CraftyOtt did! 

Best,

Alan

Boomerang  

Best,

Frequent Contributor
plumboz
0 Kudos

Free or $.089

Free or low, low price of just $0.89.

Your choice through Sunday, Ocotober 3rd. Boomerang is just $0.89 right here at Barnes and Noble. Or use coupon code EJ37A at Smashwords and get it for free. Tough to lose either way for a book one Smashwords reader called "One of the best novels that I have read in recent times- suspenseful, witty and racy."

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/4167

Boomerang

Thank you!

Alan

Best,

New User
malachi216
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

my debut novel, Lore volume one is available from http://www.amazon.com/Lore-Neal-Noakes/dp/1937004007/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1285792476&sr=... and will be available from barnes and noble in the near future, I am very excited about the project and can't wait to see peoples reactions

New User
NormaJ
0 Kudos

Join Facebook Fan Page: For New Novel: "Daughter of the Caribbean"

My book, "Daughter of the Caribbean" will be coming out in Nov/Dec 2010.

I'd be honored if you could Join my Facebook Fan Page for:  "Daughter of the Caribbean" at:
http://www.facebook.com/DaughteroftheCaribbean

"Daughter of the Cariibean" is A novel filled with compelling characters, violence & celebration, intrigue & romance, tradgedy & triumph. Inspired by the authors childhood experiences in the Caribbean.

Not on Facebook? Join or keep updated at my blog at: http://daughterofthecaribbean.blogspot.com/

Blessings,
Norma Jennings, Author
Daughter of the Caribbean
daughterofthecaribbean@gmail.com