Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
NormaJ
0 Kudos

Join Facebook Fan Page: For New Novel: "Daughter of the Caribbean"

My book, "Daughter of the Caribbean" will be coming out in Nov/Dec 2010.

I'd be honored if you could Join my Facebook Fan Page for:  "Daughter of the Caribbean" at:
http://www.facebook.com/DaughteroftheCaribbean

"Daughter of the Cariibean" is A novel filled with compelling characters, violence & celebration, intrigue & romance, tradgedy & triumph. Inspired by the authors childhood experiences in the Caribbean.

Not on Facebook? Join or keep updated at my blog at: http://daughterofthecaribbean.blogspot.com/

Blessings,
Norma Jennings, Author
Daughter of the Caribbean
daughterofthecaribbean@gmail.com

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Re: Ghosts!

I have two fantasy antholgies and it just so happens that

Tracking Magic  is a good fit if you're looking for some ghostly Halloween tales!  Max Killian is an investigator with a little bit of an edge...he can smell death, be it old or new.   Five mysteries from the Max Killian case files just in time for Halloween!

Sage  has three novellas all taking place in Sage, a Kingdom where magic is as common as rats...the third novella features a ghost haunting the castle, trying to deliver a warning.  But the ghost cannot speak.  Demetria must find a way to communicate with the ghost--before those in the castle resort to magics best left untouched.

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
Frequent Contributor
JeromeCKing
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Try Encounter at North Road House, where a masked-unbeatable-psycho like Jason enters a house for another kill, but the house is a haunted house, and the wicked ghosts lock him in and immmediately, a war breaks out between the masked-killer and the elements of the haunted house. Get it below for $9.99 from the publisher or just buy it direct from Barnes&Noble.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9781448947607?itm=1

http://www.publishamerica.net/product95489.html

Encounter at North Road House by Jerome Christopher King: Book Cover

Contributor
neilcrab
0 Kudos

Re: My Barnes&Noble eBooks

Believable Lies

Believable Lies  is a collection of short stories for grown-ups.

Here's one review: "The stories in Neil Crabtree’s debut story collection Believable Lies are bold, risky, and wildly entertaining. You’ll laugh so hard you won’t realize you’re crying. No one should be this good, or this funny, the first time out. Neil’s genius is his ability to uncover the sadness that underlies the comic and the grandeur just below the surface." --John Dufresne, author of Requiem, Mass.  .

My other two ebooks are FREE downloads to get us acquainted.

The Dead Mayberrys and Other Stories  is a collection of stories about weird things like haunted houses, death panels and Sisyphus.

The Big Kaboom  is a pilot for my comic thriller Rooster. In Miami, Rooster finds his world turned upside down by his smuggling partner, sexy women, rogue Homeland Security agents, and a virtual sex device for computers that

offers V-sex with Sarah Palin or any celebrity. Try the first 11 chapters FREE!

Neil Crabtree
Frequent Contributor
MichelleWachbrit
0 Kudos

The Last Guardian by Michelle Wachbrit

The Last Guardian Official Website

The Last Guardian is now up for pre-sale! I just got the first printing and the books look gorgeous. The first book in my Last Guardian Trilogy runs 283 pages and each of those pages is packed with excitement and fantasy. An initial run of 1000 copies are available on my website (link above) and they will start shipping out on Monday! This is your chance to get a signed copy of the book well before it's actual release date! Those who buy the book now will be entered in a raffle for a chance to win a bust-up digital painting from my cover artist. Be sure to message me and let me know if you've purchased so I can keep track of you. The raffle will be held on October 15th. Don't miss out on this opportunity!

About the Book: 

Mienya is only twelve when her twisted older brother, Garin, kills nearly everyone on Ckanizar, their home planet. Having lost everything dear to her, Mienya must fight to prevent Garin from destroying other worlds. As a winged Guardian — a being born only once every 5,000 years with the ability to wield tremendous energetic power — Mienya knows that she is the only one who can stop him.

Her pursuit brings her to Earth, where she meets three students — Robin, Nathan, and Christopher — who risk their lives to stand against Garin and to help Mienya. What begins as a tussle over an alien world quickly becomes personal for this trio as they join Mienya in a battle to save planet Earth and everyone on it.

So begins The Guardian series.

I hope everyone will take a look and give the book a try!

Check my website (http://thelastguardianbook.com/) to buy my YA book, read the first chapter, look over character bios, and much more!
B&N: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9780984154364/
Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

The Usurper and my other novels

My novels are all available now on the Nook, and they're also in paperback form.

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=book&ATH=Cliff+Ball

The Usurper: The USSR embarks on a plan to destroy the US through the use of terrorism, by backing anyone who has a beef with the USA. Eventually, Al Qaeda fills the power vacuum left by the disappearance of the USSR, and they help the Soviets' inside man to completely destroy the US. A small group of resistance, led by a survivor of Flight 93, tries to bring down the now terrorist backed President of the US.

Don't Mess With Earth:  Humans discover that two groups of aliens have been manipulating human history since the pre-historic days. Centuries later, when the humans from the country called the United States get a chance to study the technology of a downed alien ship in Roswell, they decide to do something about both groups of aliens. Find out what happens!

Out of Time:  A scientist discovers time is actually fluid; past, present, and future all exist at the same time. What he doesn't know, is if the current timeline can change when something is changed in the past. The US government wants him to find out. The theme being to make right what once went wrong. The time travelers meet all sorts of 20th century characters, but, someone is trying to stop them. Once they return to their present, things may not be what they appear.

Thanks!

Contributor
AbintraPress
0 Kudos

My 30 titles at BN

Mostly SF, some semi-fiction, one semi-western.

Ed
Ed Howdershelt - Abintra Press
Science Fiction & Semi-Fiction
My titles at Barnes & Noble: http://tinyurl.com/knzgzs

Ed
Ed Howdershelt - Abintra Press
Science Fiction & Semi-Fiction
My titles at Barnes & Noble: http://tinyurl.com/knzgzs
Frequent Contributor
plumboz
0 Kudos

It's a B&N kind of a book!

As an independent author, I follow a lot of forums where similarly afflicted individuals gather and discuss the craft and especially the marketing of ones writing. And so very often I have read about how Amazon is the dominant player when it comes to ebook distribution and if one had to choose just one place to sell ones book(s), Amazon would be the only logical choice.

Well, maybe for some writers, but not for me. Of course I have my novel available at Amazon, as well as Sony, Kobo, Apple and Diesel, but the place it has really found a home is right here at Barnes and Noble. I'm not sure why, but I like to think it is because B&N people are better read, better educated and maybe just have better taste. But whatever the reason, there is no escaping the fact that Boomerang has been doing very nicely here and I would like to say Thank You Very Much.

Best to all,

Alan Hutcheson

Boomerang

Best,
Alan Hutcheson (aka Plumboz)

author of Boomerang, a comic novel of international intrigue, with music
Frequent Contributor
WriterGurl1
0 Kudos

An Unexpected Obsession by Heidi Hall

Thank you for the opportunity!

An Unexpected Obsession is a contemporary romance that has received %100 five-star ratings from reviewers. I had so much fun writing this book and hope you enjoy reading it!

An Unexpected Obsession 

There is nothing better than getting lost in a great book!
If you enjoy romance, be sure to check out my novels:

An Unexpected Obsession  

A Dose of Reality

Frequent Contributor
MartiTalbott
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Betrothed 

Greetings Everyone.

I'm so new to Nook, I have no idea what I am doing.  Anyway, I would like to tell you about my Highlander Series. Volume 1 is on sale for $.99. The other 4 volumes are priced at $2.99 and together they offer hours and hours of reading. It is a family saga with wars, plagues, 20 love stories and lots of gossip. Betrothed picks up where the series ends. To find the other books in this series, just search for Marti Talbott in ebooks.

Marti Talbott's Highlander Series I (Anna, Rachel & Charlet)