Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
ClassCollision
0 Kudos

CLASS COLLISION

Thanks for taking a minute to check out my debut novel, Class Collision.

Introducing David, a brilliant, talented, incredibly wealthy ten-year-old boy who is arguably the most spoiled, obnoxious kid alive. His illustrious world seems set, until he is kidnapped for ransom along with his brother shortly after the Great Depression begins. In their attempt to escape, Alex makes it safely home, while David is recaptured, beaten and left for dead. Alone in a world he never knew existed, he wanders the streets until he is picked up for steeling. Soon he has been deposited in an orphanage, along with other boys whose parents have lost the financial ability to care for them. His claim to wealth and power only anger his classmates, providing years of fuel for torment. Finally, he escapes, hoping to make his way back home. Instead, he meets Linda. Having lived among boys for so many years, he’s at a loss as to how to manage his feelings for her. She’s both irritating and intoxicating, all at the same time. Not that it really matters. With looks like hers, every boy in the county is chasing her; not to mentions David’s scraggly clothes and long hair. Then, when circumstances push them together, they both find that sometimes people aren’t what they seem.

An apparently simple plot turns into one of depth as David learns how to adapt amidst difficult circumstances. Both heartbreaking and heart warming, Class Collision is a book that will stay with you for a long time.

Annette Mackey

http://www.annettemackey.com

To view/purchase CLASS COLLISION through Barnes and Noble, click on the link below.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Class-Collision/Annette-Mackey/e/9781432753672/?itm=1&USRI=class+co...

Inspired Contributor
pam-livingimage
0 Kudos

The Living Image - Thriller

You sure are right Jessica.  Thank you for the opportunity. 

Here's some reviews of my novel :  THE LIVING IMAGE

"[The Living Image] is an exciting and detailed thriller story which simply oozes with suspense and greedy characters! I especially like how P. M. Richter eneded the story. If you like the movies "The Fugitive", "The Pelican Brief", or "The Client" then this story is for you!" -- Huntress Book Reviews

"THE LIVING IMAGE takes us on a dangerous and unforgettable journey into the frightening reality of the unexpected--a novel of conspiracy, betrayal, survival, and deep abiding love. A page turner that draws the mettle of the story to a satisfying conclusion, and proves that when you think you have reached your darkest hour, the brightest of your dreams can come true........" -- Betty Wiechert, former reviewer for Affaire de Coeur magazine

"WOW!! This one I could not put down!! To go to a tanning salon for a little color and come home with a clone! A living image of yourself, only better. How disconcerting! The clone is to be a better offshoot of the human race. The intrigues of three major intelligence agencies to reach that prize are fun to watch as the two "foxes" continually outfox the hounds. Since life is the prize if the girls win, there is much at stake. A definate must read." -- Laurie L. Gruber, BookNook Reviews

Frequent Contributor
plumboz
0 Kudos

Re: It's a B&N kind of a book!

[ Edited ]

I'm still claiming Boomerang is a B&N kind of a book, but I hope you won't mind if I share a recent reader review that popped up on Amazon UK.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 9 Oct 2010
This review is from: Boomerang (Kindle Edition)

A well written, well paced story.

With lots of characters to juggle there is always a danger of the reader losing one or more threads and getting confused as each chapter focuses on a different person or people. But not with this book - all of the characters are well fleshed out and likeable for their own various foibles and flaws and as such the reader is never left wondering who or where someone is when they pop back in to the story.

The plot is good and everything is well tied together at the end. The writing style and level of humour remind me of some of Douglas Adams' work (Dirk Gently maybe) and had me staying up well past my bedtime to carry on reading.

A well recommended book.

Boomerang

Best,
Alan Hutcheson (aka Plumboz)

author of Boomerang, a comic novel of international intrigue, with music
Contributor
handberry
0 Kudos

Titanic: Echo of the Dying Confession by Troy Veenstra

Think the sinking of the RMS Titanic was really an accident?  Heard the media say that the steering issue is “NEW EVIDENCE,” of the sinking… You Might want to rethink your answer after reading this novel.

Titanic: Echo of the Dying Confession

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Titanic/Troy-Veenstra/e/2940011805752/?itm=1&USRI=troy+veenstra

Book Description:

Think the Titanic hit an iceberg by accident? Do you think that the whole situation befalling the steamship was clearly a situation of being in the wrong place at the wrong time? You might rethink your answer once you read this novel. What if I were to tell you that a book came out 15 year before the creation of the Titanic, which gave the basic step on how to build and sink a ship called the Titan? What would you say if I told you that someone purposely built the ship with its intended flaws all to make the ship easier to sink if struck upon its port or starboard side? What if I were to tell you that things in this world are not always as clear cut as we would like them to be? Titanic: Echo of the Dying Confession is the historical supernatural fiction, based specifically around the factual details in regards to the design, creation, and ultimately the sinking of the steamship Titanic and gives a whole new idea to the question of what was really the cause of the ship being destroyed.

Reviews:

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome version of historic event!, September 15, 2010

By 

Alice M. Dinizo "J.B. DiNizo" (Toms River, New Jersey) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)   

This review is from: Titanic: Echo of the Dying Confession: Book One of the Aroich Saga (Volume 1) (Paperback)

With accuracy and a readable style of writing that captures the Victorian/Edwardian manner of speaking, Troy Veenstra has retold the story of the steamship Titanic's sinking. "Titanic: Echo of the Dying Confession" tells of the English narrator's anger against Americans for taking over his father's failing shipline and how that anger turns to revenge as in his fury, he sells his soul to the Devil. That the narrator has to witness and then regret the horrors of his demands makes this a highly recommended Christian novel without the platitudes and preaching dialogue that often revolts readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Titanic: Echo of the Dying Confession, September 5, 2010

By 

John - See all my reviews

An awesome book. Does a great job of sticking to historically accurate details while at the same time creating a fresh and interesting fictional perspective on one of the most fascinating events of the twentieth century. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading about the great ship Titanic

Troy Veenstra

www.troyveenstra.com

Author Troy Veenstra
www.veenstrapublishing.biz
Contributor
handberry
0 Kudos

Beyond my Control by Lord Koga

Beyond my control is a short fiction erotic series dealing with cheating lovers... mostly women in search of a man to fill the desires and wants that their husbands have long since forgotten...

Beynd my Control: Book one

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/2940011852886/?itm=2&USRI=lord+koga

Her fingers rising further up her body as she grabbed hold of her white shorts, pulling the slack to one side, she continued to stare intensely at me, my eyes gliding deeply up her shorts and to the fine, black, almost see-through lace of her panties wrapped tightly around her thighs, peaking out at me like an open invitation for the taking. Pushing her hands ever so slowly and gently into her hips, she rolled her eyes around the room, scrolling over everyone that sat around her; quickly making sure that they weren’t staring up at her and seeing the game of lustful desires that fooled around them like two sex crazed teenagers as they continued to play their useless game, never once becoming mindful of the raging lust quickly filling the room around them. Sighing almost quietly to herself, she tugged her fingers against her bottom shorts; tediously rolling them up and over waist only to drape the tips of her fingers against her sharply curved stomach, the soft overture outline of it rasping to the cool condition air.

Beyond my Control: Candy's Land: Wife 2

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/2940011938900/?itm=3&USRI=lord+koga

Cheating on your husband with another man is one thing, however, Having sex with that man in the basment of your home on your husbands prized pool table while his sits in the living room watching the game just above you is dangerous....

Several more books to publish once they load up... thank you

Author Troy Veenstra
Contributor
handberry
0 Kudos

Knights Of Came-a-lot: The Fall of Acheron by Lord Koga

Womens Erotic Fiction

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Knights-of-Came-a-lot/Lord-Koga/e/2940011099809/?itm=1&USRI=lord+ko...

In the land of Came-a-lot, Knights fight to the death over dominance, land, and sexual bragging rights.   In the mighty Kogarasumaru Alliance, Thanks to Lord Koga, peace has lasted for several years, but dark forces linger out on the rim of this world seeking to dethrone the beloved lord and ruin the Alliance forever. 

Word has spread through the realm that the sinister leader of the Acheron Alliance is developing a new weapon able to take control of a man’s mind through the use of a new sexual technique.   Though this was only a rumor, Lord Koga dispatched two young and attractive females; members of the Elite Koga Sexual Infiltration Unit, and sent them in undercover, posing as new students of the local university to uncover the truth of this rumor.

Now, as they have confirmed the potential threat that this weapon may have on the Realm, they have called upon their male counterparts to assist them in the sexual initiation right that they must pass in order to infiltrate the dark ranks of the Acheron Alliance, but alas, things are not as they appear…

Author Troy Veenstra
Frequent Contributor
JeromeCKing
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Try Encounter at North Road House this Halloween season, where a masked-unbeatable-psycho like Jason enters a house for another kill, but the house is a haunted house, and the wicked ghosts lock him in and immmediately, a war breaks out between the masked-killer and the elements of the haunted house. Get it below for $9.99 from the publisher or just buy it direct from Barnes&Noble.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9781448947607?itm=1

http://www.publishamerica.net/product95489.html

Encounter at North Road House by Jerome Christopher King: Book Cover

Reader 4
Ellen_Fisher
0 Kudos

Romances by Ellen Fisher

Hello, all!  I have two contemporary romance novellas available on B&N right now:

Unwrapped  

Two Christmas romances: Unwrapped: She thinks he's an irresponsible, womanizing jerk incapable of settling down. He thinks she's a cold-hearted coward who dumped him over the phone on Christmas Eve. But when they meet again, three years later, their simmering passion heats up and before they know it, they're getting unwrapped.... Christmas Carol: Hot lovemaking under the Christmas tree isn’t what Jackson Parker expected when he returned to his small hometown for the holidays, but it's a gift he’s not planning on returning any time soon…

Isn't It Romantic?  

Romantic comedy.  Kipling Stanton is an out-of-work actor who tries to escape the glare of the spotlight by moving to small town Virginia. When he meets the slightly loopy girl next door, Cody Lang, he agrees to masquerade as her husband for a few days. But before long their sham relationship turns into a real one, and Kipling’s falling head over heels for Cody. Is it romantic… or just plain crazy?

Thanks very much for taking a look!

Ellen Fisher

Frequent Contributor
darthreader
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Perfect for Halloween:

Witches, Werewolves & Jack the Ripper  

Frequent Contributor
plumboz
0 Kudos

Re: It's a B&N kind of a book!

Another terrific review for Boomerang that just popped up, this time at Smashwords. If I might I would love to share it.

Review by: Carol on Oct. 23, 2010 : starstarstarstarstar
I loved this book! Alan Hutcheson is a very talented writer. I am amazed at how he set the stage for this story. Each chapter of the book details the events of different characters that in the beginnning seem unrelated. However, as the story unfolds, each character or set of characters are drawn from places as far away as Australia to a little house in Arizona. Once each party involved in this tale find their way to a dark, soggy Arizona backyard in their pursuit of a handcrafted boomerang, the conclusion of their quest is delightful, entertaining, and satisfying . The characters are funny - some are wonderfully likeable, and some you just like to hate. I plan to read this book again sometime soon!

Thanks, Carol!

Please accept my invitation to have a look at Boomerang too. The ebook version is just $0.89 right here at B&N. The paperback an outrageous $9.89.

Best,

Alan

Boomerang

Best,
Alan Hutcheson (aka Plumboz)

author of Boomerang, a comic novel of international intrigue, with music