Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Markus_Kane
0 Kudos

Ameriqaeda, by Markus Kane

Hello, everyone. I'd like to announce that my new thriller, Ameriqaeda, is now available as an ebook.

Ameriqaeda tells the story of FBI agent Ian Gray as he tracks down a domestic terror group unlike any other; one composed of Americans intent on attacking the Muslim world.

As Gray scrambles to find out about this new group, he’s confronted with deadly technologies, spies, and a group of fanatics as dedicated and lethal as any terrorist organization in the world. Their plan is in motion. They have the initiative. And they aim for nothing less than the destruction of a civilization.

Here's the link: Ameriqaeda, by Markus Kane.

You can also visit the official website at: http://ameriqaedanovel.com/

I love feedback, so feel free to contact me at the website, send me a message or leave a quick review on the book page.

Cheers, and happy reading!

- Markus Kane

Author of Ameriqaeda
Frequent Contributor
JeromeCKing
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Try Encounter at North Road House this Halloween season, where a masked-unbeatable-psycho like Jason enters a house for another kill, but the house is a haunted house, and the wicked ghosts lock him in and immmediately, a war breaks out between the masked-killer and the elements of the haunted house. Get it below for $9.99 from the publisher or just buy it direct from Barnes&Noble.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9781448947607?itm=1

http://www.publishamerica.net/product95489.html

Encounter at North Road House by Jerome Christopher King: Book Cover

New User
Korslund
0 Kudos

The Shadow of Darkness By Duane Korslund

Hi all,

Here' the info on my book available through B&N.com

High above Earth the space station Unity was forced to watch the destruction of mankind. Within moments of their horror, a new hope arrives. An alien entity with the power to heal the planet from its holocaust approaches the grieving scientists aboard the station with an offer they cannot possibly refuse. The entity offers to help heal the planet by sustaining itself on the radiated planet, effectively casting Earth in Darkness until it has completely fed. With no other options but see their homes completely die, the scientists aboard the station agree to the entity’s terms. In addition the entity imbues the scientist with great power and charges them with the protection and rebuilding of their society.
The must operate in secrecy, using their powers only for peace and justice. With great power, comes corruption. Can these new protectors maintain their honesty, or will ultimate power splinter them and cause endless civil war under The Shadow of Darkness.

The link to my product page:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Shadow-of-Darkness/Duane-Korslund/e/2940011887369/?itm=1&USRI=the+s...

My official website

www.lateralmagick.com

Contributor
Valerie_Maarten
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I would love to introduce my debut contemporary romance novella, "The Gift of Joy". 

It is a compelling story that deals with real issues and real life drama, with characters that deserved their Happily Ever After.

Gift of Joy  

I love hearing from my readers and will welcome your feedback or visit my website http://thewriteworld.webs.com/

or Facebook friend me at http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001589959287

Happy Reading...

New User
DIVAGI
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
plumboz
0 Kudos

Re: It's a B&N kind of a book!

Thank you to the B&N readers who gave Boomerang its best B&N month so far. I hope the $0.89 price tag is attractive (lots of nice reviews popping up on Smashwords and (shh!) Amazon, where it has been available a bit longer. But if you would like to check it out for free I have a coupon at Boomerang's Home on the Web at http://boomerangbyalanhutcheson.blogspot.com

Boomerang

Best,
Alan Hutcheson (aka Plumboz)

author of Boomerang, a comic novel of international intrigue, with music
Inspired Contributor
MaryMcDonald
0 Kudos

No Good Deed~ On sale for 99 cents

I posted my book on here three weeks ago, but I just wanted to announce that for a limited time, in preparation for launching the sequel later in the month, I've reduced the price to just $0.99.

NO GOOD DEED  Mark Taylor discovers first hand that no good deed goes unpunished when he finds an old camera in a Afghanistan bazaar that gives him more than great photos. It triggers dreams of future events. When one shows a devastating terrorist attack, he tries to warn of the danger, but no one listens. Instead, he's arrested as an enemy combatant.

But when he dreams of another deadly terrorist attack only hours away, can Mark risk his hard won freedom to prevent the attacks--even if doing so forces him to trust the one man he hates most in the world?

No Good Deed
Wrongly accused of a being a terrorist, Mark Taylor is labeled an enemy combatant. There's no lawyer, no trial, and he leaves his rights outside the cell.
Frequent Contributor
MrsWaki

Re: It's a B&N kind of a book!

Now, this is a book I know I would love to read

Thank you to the B&N readers who gave Boomerang its best B&N month so far. I hope the $0.89 price tag is attractive (lots of nice reviews popping up on Smashwords and (shh!) Amazon, where it has been available a bit longer. But if you would like to check it out for free I have a coupon at Boomerang's Home on the Web at http://boomerangbyalanhutcheson.blogspot.com

Boomerang

Best,

Contributor
ShayneParkinson
0 Kudos

Sentence of Marriage by Shayne Parkinson

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone. Thank you for the chance to introduce my books.

Sentence of Marriage: a tale of Victorian New Zealand.

In 19th Century New Zealand, there are few choices for a farm girl like Amy. Her life seems mapped out for her by the time she is twelve. Amy dreams of an exciting life in the world beyond her narrow boundaries. But two people who come to the farm from outside the valley change her life forever, and Amy learns the high cost of making the wrong choice.

Sentence of Marriage

This is the first book in the three-volume series "Promises to Keep", and it's free.

About me: I live in New Zealand and write historical fiction set here, starting in the 1880s. I've completed four novels so far, and am working on a fifth. I'm fascinated by social history, particularly that of my own country.

My blog.

Sentence of Marriage

Sentence of Marriage, A tale of Victorian New Zealand.
Frequent Contributor
plumboz
0 Kudos

Re: Free or $.089

I have a November coupon for Boomerang that can be used at Smashwords. It and a bunch of reader reviews from Amazon and Smashwords can be found at http://boomerangbyalanhutcheson.blogspot.com.

And for those who like to make their nook purchases directly from good ol' B&N, Boomerang is still just $0.89.

From one review on Amazon:

From its great characters to its twisted plot, Boomerang is lots of fun. The humor and quirky characters are reminiscent of "The Big Lebowski" while the frenetic pacing brings to mind "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World."

Boomerang  

Best,