Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
plumboz
0 Kudos

Re: It's a B&N kind of a book!

From a recent review of Boomerang from "the other place".

I loved this book. I rarely re-read a book but I think I may have to in this case just to be sure I didn't miss a funny bit because I was pushing through it so fast.

Boomerang  

Best,
Alan Hutcheson (aka Plumboz)

author of Boomerang, a comic novel of international intrigue, with music
Frequent Contributor
JeromeCKing
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Try Encounter at North Road House, where a masked-unbeatable-psycho like Jason enters a house for another kill, but the house is a haunted house, and the wicked ghosts lock him in and immmediately, a war breaks out between the masked-killer and the elements of the haunted house. Get it below for $12.99 from the publisher or just buy it direct from Barnes&Noble.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9781448947607?itm=1 http://www.publishamerica.net/product23503.html

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Re: Under Witch Moon --giveaway at fictionfordessert

http://fictionfordessert.blogspot.com/

is giving away two copies of

Under Witch Moon  (urban fantasy; first in the series)

Entry is easy--leave a commment on the fictionfordessert blog.

About Under Witch Moon:

Adriel should have known that with a werewolf, it never stopped with just one body. She would have gone to the police after witnessing Dolores' death, but she wasn't certain the killer she saw was responsible for the other murders. Besides, the police didn't believe in werewolves, and they weren't going to believe she was a witch either so what could she tell them?

She kept her eyes and ears open while she tried to help her latest client escape the clutches of a voodoo witch, but things went from bad to worse when more bodies turned up. She was greatly relieved when she met White Feather, an undercover cop. Unfortunately, he wasn't convinced she was innocent of all wrong-doing.

It was going to take every spell she knew and a few she hadn't tried to solve the murders and stay alive.

Thanks,

Maria

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
Author
MaureenMiller
0 Kudos

WIDOW'S TALE

The Golden Heart nominated romantic suspense, Widow's Tale is on sale at $1.49

Serena Murphy was losing her mind.

Every night Serena stood on the deck of O'Flanagans Tavern, searching Maine's rugged coast for a sign of her husband's body. Though he was pronounced lost at sea, Alan Murphy still haunted her as only his malevolent spirit could. In the loft above her tavern, Serena hears footsteps pace across her living room floor, yet when she turns, no one is there.

Alan would not let a little thing like death stop him from tormenting her. If she could just find his body, surely this torture would stop.

It had been ten years since Brett Murphy saw his sister in-law, although the separation was by design, to avoid temptation. Now Brett was in Victory Cove, not to declare his feelings for Serena, but to discover the truth about his brother's death. In doing so, he must battle Serena's ghosts, both real and contrived.

ENDLESS NIGHT - Carina Press
www.maureenamiller.com
Frequent Contributor
MartiTalbott
0 Kudos

Greetings everyone,

I just lowered the price on the first book in my Highlander Series from $2.99 to $.99 for the Christmas season. There are five books in this series. It is a collection of twenty love stories spanning two generations and three wars. 

The first book is ANNA -- In love with a woman he had only seen once and could not find, the Highlander, Kevin MacGreagor, was growing older and needed a wife to give him sons. No other woman pleased him, even the daughters of other lairds, so he finally settled for Anna sight unseen. But when his men went to meet her guard, she was all alone and badly beaten. Who could have done such a thing and why? 

Marti Talbott's Highlander Series I (Anna, Rachel & Charlet)

Jennifer_H
0 Kudos

Masks & Daggers (An Immortal Champions Saga Short)

Check out Jennifer Hopkins & Jason Salfali's brand new short story from The Immortal Champions Saga!

Julian Edwards is just a boy when his father sends him into the night with the dagger in his knapsack. “You will go to the town of Runic and seek out your grandfather,” his father instructs him before Julian watches the blood and shadows swallow him up. His grandfather, the “Maestro,” is a man with many tricks up his sleeve and when Julian seeks him out, he is thrust into a world of magic and caught in the midst of a battle over the possession of the dagger. Masks & Daggers is a short story that unmasks Julian Edwards, the “Showman,” and follows him out of the shadows of Runic and into the spotlight of Sleight of Hand’s Slate City stage.

Fall in love with Julian Edwards in Masks & Daggers, and then follow him into Sleight of Hand where he crosses paths with Ashton Salveya, the young man who is the key in determining the outcome of a war amongst the immortals.

Editorial Review

“Masks & Daggers is a magical thrill ride. Complete with complex characters, clashing weapons, and magic on every page – this story hooks you in and leaves you begging for more. If you are new to the Immortal Champions Saga, what a fantastic place to start! If you have already read Sleight of Hand, Masks & Daggers is a must read to satisfy your Julian needs while you are waiting for Book Two.” –Nicole (HemingwayHeroine.blogspot.com)

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Masks-Daggers/Jason-Salfali/e/2940012055699/?itm=2

Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

For 1 week only, all three of my novels are on sale for $.99 on the Nook. After December 31st, they'll go back to their regular price of $2.99.

Out of Time

Shattered Earth

The Usurper

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Re: Under Witch Moon - Price Lowered for at least the next two weeks!

Under Witch Moon  is on sale for at least two weeks...so if you were on the fence, now might be the time!

Also, I mentioned the contest for a freebie in an earlier post--the winners have  been posted (Julie and Meen).  Do check back at the http://fictionfordessert.blogspot.com/

if you are a winner!  Karen Cantwell has another giveaway going on for Nook book readers as well!!!  Entry is always easy; just leave a comment.

Thanks everyone and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
Author
LCEvans
0 Kudos

Re: Under Witch Moon - Price Lowered for at least the next two weeks!

My book Jobless Recovery is on sale until Dec. 31st for $.99.

From a review at--you know--some other site:  The three main characters--Dave, Joe, and Lark, are wonderfully brought to life. I was totally involved in their predicament and was rooting for them all the way. More than this, however, what made this novel stand out for me, was the deft touch author Evans has with contemporary social commentary. I really kept expecting some hard-handed political diatribe at every turn, but she manages to serve up biting, humorous social satire (witness the riotous phone calls that Dave makes to clueless government officials at the unemployment office) without seeming to take a political position. She skewers big business as much as big government. I dare you to guess her political persuasion. 

The only thing I don't like about "Jobless Recovery" is the title. I almost didn't read this little gem because I thought it was a treatise on economic policy. It's fiction, folks! Except, of course, for the fact that the country does seem to be in a "jobless recovery."   Patricia Rockwell, author of Sounds of Murder

L.C. Evans, author

Jobless Recovery

Contributor
Donna-Callea
0 Kudos

THE HAIRCUT, A NEW YEAR'S TALE on sale for 99 cents

Greetings from Misha, the New Year's angel.

If you're looking for a whimsical, sensual love story that will help you begin the New Year full of hope and warm, fuzzy feelings, please try

The Haircut, A New Year's Tale

Donna Callea