Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
JeromeCKing
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Try Encounter at North Road House, where a masked-unbeatable-psycho like Jason enters a house for another kill, but the house is a haunted house, and the wicked ghosts lock him in and immmediately, a war breaks out between the masked-killer and the elements of the haunted house. Get it below for $12.99 from the publisher or just buy it direct from Barnes&Noble.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/e/9781448947607?itm=1 http://www.publishamerica.net/product23503.html

Contributor
catmews
0 Kudos

New Nookbook: "Mewsings: My Life as a Jewish Cat."

I am new to Nookboards. Hello.

I recently published my first cat e-book entitled, "Mewsings: My Life as  Jewish Cat." 

A beloved cat called Ketzel pontificates, in rhyme, on what it takes to be a devout calico in these modern Jewish times, particularly during the High Holidays. Whether chasing after spinning tops--or latkes--during Hanukkah, or observing traditions and customs in Iceland and New Zealand, Ketzel in her whimsy remains ever-respectful of prevailing dogma, and in the process, accords her own Yiddishe Mamma a five-meow rating  for goodness, mercy and fancy feasts.
About the author: Greta Beigel, a child piano prodigy, was raised in an Orthdox Jewish household in South Africa. After earning an overseas scholarship from the Univeristy of South Africa she pursued her studies with famed pedagogue Aube Tzerko in Los Angeles. She went on to become a music journalist, working for more than a decade as a staff writer and arts editor at the Los Angeles Times. She has contributed to the New York Times. She also enjoys writing about pets and belongs to the Cat Writers' Assn.
journalist/author "Mewsings: My Life as a Jewish Cat"
Reader 2
WilliamEsmont
0 Kudos

The Patriot Paradox is on sale in the Nook store for $.99 until the end of the mont

Get it now before the price goes back to $2.99!

Frequent Contributor
plumboz
0 Kudos

Re: It's a B&N and a UK kind of a book!

Another nice review from across the pond. If you like your reading on the "visual" side, check out the cinematic qualities of Boomerang.

5.0 out of 5 stars A film in the waiting, 27 Dec 2010
This review is from: Boomerang (Kindle Edition)

I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is fast paced with excellent characterisation and humour. The story moves through action rather than narrative with characters developing through dialogue and interaction. It is a very visual book and a story that would make an excellent comic film. I hope it does transfer to the screen and I'll be there watching it and laughing at the dialogue and slapstick humour!

Boomerang

Best,
Alan Hutcheson (aka Plumboz)

author of Boomerang, a comic novel of international intrigue, with music
Author
MaureenMiller
0 Kudos

BORROWED TIME - Romantic Suspense from the author of Widow's Tale

Borrowed Time

Brand new romance for only .99!!

An accident on a frozen highway brings two strangers together. 

Brian Morrison has no recollection of what placed him on that icy stretch hundreds of miles from home. In his line of business, memory loss was unacceptable and accountability was crucial. 

Upon her parents’ death, Emily Brennan became the sole guardian of her brilliant, yet eccentric brother. Her devotion to protect him from a world that shunned the abnormal made her do the unthinkable. She stole designs from National Marine Dynamics…and now she was on the run. 

Only an hour from the promise of safety, Emily witnesses the car behind her spin out of control on an icy stretch of highway. Fear dictated that she should flee, but the body slumped on the shoulder of the road appealed to her humanity. 

Emily and Brian are two strangers thrown together by an errant patch of ice. Would the truths of their identities tear them apart or would they unite in battle against an egomaniac that threatened the safety of innocent civilians. 

ENDLESS NIGHT - Carina Press
www.maureenamiller.com
Contributor
FoodieFictionista
0 Kudos

Fleeing Famous - Book 1 in the SpellBound Cafe series **Foodie FIction!

Fleeing Famous (based on real events) is the story of how one woman finds her destiny (and assorted muffins/cakes/pies) on the road she takes to avoid it.

"Sometimes, it takes starting from scratch, throwing away everything you ever thought to be true, in order to achieve the most desirable outcome." Sadie Cake, owner of the SpellBound Café.

Have you ever felt lost? Or that life didn't exactly turn out the way you wanted? Have you ever felt like just getting in your car and driving. Did you ever wish you could start over? For Moxie Baker (not her real name), growing up the daughter of a famous Rockstar and a 3 time Oscar winning mother, life was no picnic.

Moxie Baker is on the way to discuss the reality show her family wants her to be a part of, when, distracted by her cell phone, she almost runs over a hitchhiker. Feeling guilty, she gives the hitchhiker a ride to the train station, becomes lost after she drops her off, and ends up in the town of Sugar Hollow Harbor. . . a hidden, cozy, town you won't find on a map.

In Sugar Hollow Harbor, you'll find sweetness hidden in the shadows, and on the corner of Main and Baker's Lane, you'll find The SpellBound Cafe run by Rowdy Bacon, (known around town as the Kitchen Bitch) and Sadie Cake (known as the Cake Witch). Moxie finds herself working at the café, and begins to journal about her new life which led to the SpellBound Cafe book series: stories about Food, Friendship, and Fortunate Events.

If you have a dream somewhere inside of you, a hunger that has gone unfulfilled, you can escape to Sugar Hollow Harbor and feed your dreams.

On sale now for .99 cents and please visit my website for recipes from the SpellBound Cafe (Bacon Bouron Peanut Brittle...Cookie Dough Pancakes...and more!) www.1QuirkyGirl.com

In case you can't tell, I am a foodie! I seek out food themed fiction (not so much mysteries, more chick lit) but I'll read just about anything when I'm not writing!

I look forward to getting to know my way around and meeting new people!

Cheers!

Laura "1Quirky Girl" Freed

Fleeing Famous

Contributor
girlwrite
0 Kudos

If you're looking for something different.  A book that will make you laugh, cry, get angry and cheer for the main character even though she's not perfect, try Fish and Grits.

Fish and Grits 

Narrated in the voice of her younger sister, Fish and Grits chronicles the life of Kala Johnson, an African American girl who finds redemption from abuse by eating a forbidden meal.  After the death of her father, fourteen year old Kala, an exceptional student who dreams about the future before it happens, takes on the responsibility of raising three younger brothers and a sister while struggling to survive the "concrete jungle" they call home.

Kala, who will do anything to save her siblings from suffering, comes up with a plan to keep them together amidst the challenges of poverty, government interference, and a drug addicted mother.  When one of the eight years old twin boys begins to set deadly fires and is saved from the police by their bank robbing neighbor, Kala finds in him a friend and confidante.

Their lives continue to unravel after their mother is killed, but Aunt Charlie, their gay, ex-marine corps uncle, arrives just in time to rescue the family and to show Kala that true parental love really does exist.

Crazy is like sunshine, it always comes out!
Contributor
J_Scott
0 Kudos

SPY KIDZ - A hilarious mystery adventure by Jayde Scott

[ Edited ]

Spy Kidz is a Sherlock Holmes-style mystery adventure about three kids that try to solve a mystery with plenty of humour, mischief and misfortune along the way. Only $2.99.

Thank you for your time, 

Jayde

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/A-Job-From-Hell/Jayde-Scott/e/2940011300509
Frequent Contributor
cebj25
0 Kudos

Hey all, my novel, The Usurper  was on yesterday's Kindle Nation Daily:

Tom Clancy meets The Manchurian Candidate in Cliff Ball's "The Usurper" (Today's Sponsor) http://bit.ly/e6Gzkc

Also check out the new cover to The Usurper (paperback is off site at the moment, due to updating the cover)

Frequent Contributor
plumboz
0 Kudos

Re: It's a B&N kind of a book!

Boomerang is now just $0.99 right here at good ol' Barnes and Noble. Please accept my invitation to see what hundreds of readers across the pond (over six hundred sold in the last six weeks on Amazon UK) have discovered. It is...

"A comedy caper", a "Film in the waiting", an "Entertaining read", "Brilliant", "pleasently daft" and "pure gold".

Boomerang

Best,
Alan Hutcheson (aka Plumboz)

author of Boomerang, a comic novel of international intrigue, with music