Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
GioPago
0 Kudos

SNOOPS, CLUES & BOOS: A Children’s Mystery Snoop Tale

[ Edited ]

SNOOPS, CLUES & BOOS    :smileysurprised:

A funny mystery bed time story for children between the ages of six and twelve years of age. Join Erick and his two little pint sized super snoop cousins, Marcus and Morris the Eve of Halloween night as they search for clues to debunk or prove the rumor that new tenant Dr. Hans Craver snatches little children to steal their hands and fingers to replace his hook hand. Together as things go bump and coo-coo throughout the night, the cousins have one scare after frightening scare as they try to solve the rumored mystery of what happened to Bobby and Sam. Did Dr. Carver really steal their hands for his own evil purposes? Or can you really believe in rumors? 

Frequent Contributor
Edison43
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

Edison43 wrote:

Read this book:  Encounter at North Road House, where a masked-unbeatable-psycho like Jason enters a house for another kill, but the house is a haunted house, and the wicked ghosts lock him in and immmediately, a war breaks out between the masked-killer and the elements of the haunted house.

Get it for $9.99 on the B&N NOOKbook.

Frequent Contributor
ManleyPeterson
0 Kudos

Humorous Middle Grade Children's Book - Bloated Goat

[ Edited ]

Are you looking for a book that will make you laugh? Something that both you and the kids can enjoy? Well, look no further...

Bloated Goat is a humorous middle grade children’s book filled with interesting, unique characters who find themselves in strange and silly situations. It is a light-hearted fantasy adventure in the same spirit as Shrek, Madagascar, and Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland.

Here is a brief overview:

When Granny Hammy finds Bloated Goat face down in her front yard's drainage ditch, her grandson Cocky Doodle thinks nothing of it. In fact, he says that’s just another normal day for his best friend. But when they discover that Bloated Goat has little black Xs for eyes and is even more bloated than normal, they realize it is much more serious.

Come join the fun in a wacky adventure filled with jewel thieves, a despondent wolf, an alligator gangster, a kingdom of hungry mushrooms, a shocking skunk wedding, and a mysteriously powerful chameleon known as Crazy Ned.

Bloated Goat is about 19,000 words and 80 pages long.

Check out http://manleypeterson.blogspot.com/ for more info.

Manley Peterson

Manley's Bookshelf
manleypeterson.blogspot.com
Contributor
Donna-Callea
0 Kudos

The Haircut -- A love story

If you're in the mood for a sensual, whimsical love story, hope you'll try 

The Haircut, A New Year's Tale

Donna Callea
Contributor
AnneMarieNovark
0 Kudos

THE DOCTOR WEARS A STETSON, a Texas Romance by Anne Marie Novark, 99 cents

If you're in the mood for Lone Star Romance, check out THE DOCTOR WEARS A STETSON.

Jessie Devine can rebuild an engine blindfolded, but when it comes to men, she's all thumbs. When it comes to Cameron McCade, it's even worse. He stole her heart in high school, then left town for good. Now he's back and sparks are flying. Can they take up where they left off? Can Jessie risk her heart again? Repairing cars is no problem, but taming Cameron's restless spirit is something else entirely.

Excerpt:

The atmosphere sizzled in the small office. Jessie stood like a statue, her eyes opened wide. "Why did you come back?" Her raspy voice held a note of accusation.

Cameron also heard anguish in her words. Was he causing Jessie pain? When all he wanted was to hold her in his arms, take her to bed and make love to her until the passion between them was spent?

In two long strides, he was beside her. She backed against the file cabinet. He stepped closer.

"You know why I'm back. We need to finish what we started seventeen years ago." He touched a finger to her cheek, traced the smooth line of her jaw, eased his hand behind her neck and pulled her to him. Her trembling intensified and she put her hands on his chest as if to ward him off.

He caught her hands and moved them over his heart. "Feel my heartbeat, Jess. It's beating for you." He pressed his body against hers. "Feel how much I want you. I tried to stay away, but God help me, I couldn't."

His mouth claimed hers in fierce desire. Jessie moaned, holding back only for a second, knowing deep down resistance was hopeless.

She couldn't help it . . . she kissed him back.

###

Remember:

Life's too short NOT to love a Texan!!!

Happy Reading!!!

Anne Marie   :smileyhappy:

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Re: Under Witch Moon -- Urban Fantasy

Under Witch Moon  is finally categorized where it belongs--as a paranormal mystery or urban fantasy!

Adriel should have known that with a werewolf, it never stopped with just one body. She would have gone to the police after witnessing Dolores' death, but she wasn't certain the killer she saw was responsible for the other murders. Besides, the police didn't believe in werewolves, and they weren't going to believe she was a witch either so what could she tell them?

She kept her eyes and ears open while she tried to help her latest client escape the clutches of a voodoo witch, but things went from bad to worse when more bodies turned up. She was greatly relieved when she met White Feather, an undercover cop. Unfortunately, he wasn't convinced she was innocent of all wrong-doing.

It was going to take every spell she knew and a few she hadn't tried to solve the murders and stay alive.

Enjoy!

Maria

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
New User
GJLau
0 Kudos

Re: The Magpie's Secret by G. J. Lau

The Magpie's Story" is a thriller about a man named Frank Martinelli. The emotional tsunami that sweeps everything away in his life is the disappearance of his daughter Jennifer 20 years ago. She was on her way back to college and never made it. A year later a young girl named Rachel left Frank with an awful secret right before she died. The losses kept piling up. Soon his marriage was added to the toll.

The story begins when an old Army buddy drops by to warn Frank that someone wants him dead. The search for answers leads Frank back to Rachel and the secret she shared with him, a secret that someone apparently wants buried with Frank. Could Rachel's explosive family secret have made Frank the target of a hit man? As if Frank's life wasn't complicated enough, he finds himself falling for the mother of the man who may be trying to kill him. Untangling these old secrets leads Frank into a web of new secrets and lies, and he becomes an unwitting pawn in a conspiracy where nothing is at it seems.

I was born in a small town near Boston, where I was raised on a steady diet of family, politics, and the Red Sox. After graduating from Georgetown University, I spent two years in the Army, including a year in Viet Nam in the 1st Infantry Division. After I got out, I worked for the Federal government in Washington, D.C. until retirement. I have volunteered as a literacy tutor, a hot line listener and as a Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) for children in need of assistance. I currently reside in a small city just far enough from Washington DC to be somewhere else.

You can find my book listed in Barnes and Noble here. Please stop by visit my blog.

G. J. Lau
If you are booked on the Titanic, then you might as well go first class.
Frequent Contributor
MartiTalbott
0 Kudos

Seattle Quake 9.2

If you like disaster books, you might like this one.

Wealthy Evan Cole thought his wife was lost at sea until he spotted her one-of-a-kind wedding ring in a New York City pawn shop. The detective agency he hired to find her was about to make a positive identification, when a powerful earthquake trapped her on the 43rd floor of a Seattle highrise.

Seattle Quake 9.2

Frequent Contributor
plumboz
0 Kudos

More nice reviews for Boomerang

If I could share some of the latest reviews Boomerang has received from readers in the UK, where it has sold more than 1300 copies in the last three months.

A good, involving, humerous (sic) read, 12 Feb 2011

By 
bookie  (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boomerang (Kindle Edition)

Finally, a cheap kindle book that is well written, I was beginning to think the cheap books a ruse to make you buy kindles only to find the cheap stuff was rubbish and you had to buy the full price ones.
This book put my doubts to rest, the characters are well drawn and the plot although slightly off-beat works well. A good, humerous (sic) and involving read.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read, 28 Jan 2011
Boomerang is an excellent read, and very, very funny in parts. It was the first book to make me laugh out loud in a long time. If you like a plot with quirky characters I would highly recommend Boomerang. I hope there is a sequel on the way!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Write the screenplay soon!, 26 Jan 2011
By 
Gewitty  (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Have the Coen brothers seen this story yet? It's their next movie.

If you loved the dark humour of 'Fargo' or 'No Country For Old Men', this book is for you. Fast-paced, original, and well-written; 'Boomerang' ticks all the boxes. And at the price, it's a steal.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Struck a chord, 23 Jan 2011
This review is from: Boomerang (Paperback)
A while ago I bought this book for my husband. He hardly moved from the sofa and chuckled away (quite an event in his life)and so I wanted to read the whole thing through myself.

My husband once had a Gibson guitar which he loved dearly, and a Gibson features in the book, and so I had expected it to be something he'd like but I was truly delighted to find it an absolutely hilarious read for both of us. Boomerang has characters that enthralled and it is pacy and touching. Much enjoyed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thanks for the recommendation, 22 Jan 2011
By 
Paul  (Basildon, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was reading one of the discussion boards and someone recommended this. I read lots so enjoy finding new authors to try out.

I really enjoyed this book. It felt like a ben elton one- only better written :smileyhappy:

A nice mixture of characters who you could picture in the bizarre situations described throughout the story.

Well worth buying
Thanks!
Best,
Alan Hutcheson (aka Plumboz)

author of Boomerang, a comic novel of international intrigue, with music
Contributor
Meliss657
0 Kudos

'Vision of Heaven' Angel Warriors Series by Liss O'Ryan

Hey Everyone!

I just published my first eBook at the end of December.  I'm an avid reader in a wide range of genres, but my novel is an adult paranormal romance.  I'm currently working on the next book of my series and a paranormal YA novel. 

I've always had an imagination and am told quite often that I live in my head.  I had never thought about writing before until about a year ago when I was imaginng a story in my head and thought 'I should just start typing and write this down.'  I didn't know where it would lead or if I'd even publish it, but about 6 months later I was finshed writing my story of 92,000 words and found Pubit.  I was so excited I sent it to a professional editor, made little tweaks and then a month later I put it up for sale.  It's been an exciting journey so far and I can't wait to do more.

I'm trying to figure out how to generate a sample download and hopefully that will entice more readers.

Synopsis:
   For thousands of years, Owen and the other angel warriors have been battling demons who have escaped their confines in Hell. Using Owen’s gift for seeing the future, along with the skills of a trained fighter, he has helped foil the demons plots against humanity time and time again.   Owen used to have visions of demons and their plans, but now a mysterious woman keeps haunting his prophetic dreams. Why? Only she has the answers to his questions, but when he finds her the only question he can ask himself is whether or not he can protect her without getting emotionally involved.

The next book of the series will be based on the Angel Warrior Marcus, the empath.

Visit me at:  http://lissoryan.squarespace.com/

You can take a look at my eBook at:  http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Vision-of-Heaven/Liss-ORyan/e/2940012057204/?itm=1&USRI=vision+of+h...

Enjoy!