Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Jennifer_Malin
0 Kudos

Re: The Artful Miss Irvine by Jennifer Malin

The Artful Miss Irvine, a Regency romance (think Jane Austen), is available on Nook at $2.99. Here's the blurb:

A flirtatious first encounter leaves an American artist and an English aristocrat intrigued with one another. Then Maeve Irvine learns that Adrian, Duke of Ashton, is her late cousin's widower and, apparently, was a neglectful husband. Meanwhile, Adrian thinks Maeve is after her aunt's money, currently willed to his daughter. Each of them is hiding something -- but the memory of their first meeting tempts them toward baring it all.

Sample chapters here: http://www.jenmalin.com/the-artful-miss-irvine. (On the same site, you can find my blog and info my other books.)

Thank you for considering my books!
Jen

Reader 2
DErnst
0 Kudos

Re: Better Off Without Him by Dee Ernst

[ Edited ]

Contributor
MeiLinMiranda
0 Kudos

"Lovers and Beloveds" by MeiLin Miranda

B&N page here

Fantasy Book Critic 2010 Top 6 Indie Fantasy Book: "A+...[V]ery strong Kushiel Legacy vibes...If you are a fan of Jacqueline Carey I would definitely urge you to try this one."

Naive and sheltered Prince Temmin, Heir of Tremont, is newly arrived from his peaceful childhood home to his father King Harsin's intrigue=filled court in the City. He quickly finds himself the target of assassins sent by enemies he didn't even know he had, confronted with his past mistakes by his family's immortal advisor Teacher, and falling for the beautiful twins Allis and Issak.

But there's a complication. The twins are holy figures, the embodiments on earth of the Gods known as the Lovers. To be with the twins, Temmin must serve in the Lovers' Temple for two years, the fulfillment of a prophecy so old it's moved into folklore. Harsin believes its fulfillment will mean the end of the monarchy, and does everything he can to stop it.

Haunted by stories of his ancestors found in a magic book, Temmin must choose a path: one will lead to ultimate glory for Tremont, one will lead to its end,  and Temmin must discover which path is which.

Set in a place and time where magic is nearly forgotten and a new industrial age is dawning, "Lovers and Beloveds" is the first book in the series, "An Intimate History of the Greater Kingdom."

MeiLin Miranda writes the fantasy novel series "An Intimate History of the Greater Kingdom" and the online serial "Scryer's Gulch: Magic in the Wild, Wild West." She is on Ravelry as MeiLin, where she issues knitting patterns based on her books. She has fatal addictions to BPAL perfume, wool roving, and fountain pens. MeiLin lives in Portland, OR with her husband, two daughters, two cats and a floppy dog.

Lovers and Beloveds, now on sale at BN.com
http://www.meilinmiranda.com/
Frequent Contributor
Edison43
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

...recommended reading -  Encounter at North Road House  on B&N NOOKbook - E-Book -

A masked, invicible psychopath Jason-type enters a house looking for another life to take, but the house is empty and haunted by ghostly spirits of wickedness.  The doors of the haunted house then lock shut and entrap the masked-killer - instantly, a war breaks out between the haunted elements of the house and the masked psychopath.

Author
LCEvans
0 Kudos

Re: Better Off Without Him by Dee Ernst

This looks good. I love romantic comedies and I like the idea of the main character being a writer. 

L.C. Evans

The Witness Wore Blood Bay 

We Interrupt This Date 

Jobless Recovery 

Night Camp 

Frequent Contributor
PhillipThomasDuck
0 Kudos

Romantic Suspense

Hello fellow readers & authors!

I'm so glad to be able to share 2 of my latest ebooks with you. 

Excuse Me, Miss (Romantic Suspense Series) - 99 cents

Excuse Me, Miss

“Fidelity anthropologist”, sexy decoy to most, Victoria Frost will discover the answers you seek…

The night it all begins to change for Victoria Frost is no different than usual. She spends it seducing another woman’s husband, easing up beside him and lingering there like too much perfume. And that quickly for him, his wife is forgotten. The ensuing conversation is an erotically-charged game of cat and mouse. Afterward, Victoria moves away feeling all the more sorry for mistreated wives and all the more angry at women who aid and abet these cheaters.

Then she meets Tyson Foster. And everything changes.

Victoria’s surprising lust for this married man will move her in a direction she’s never before traveled. A direction that ultimately puts her life in jeopardy.

In EXCUSE ME, MISS hurtling events and richly drawn characters collide in a sexy story of betrayal, the desire for loyalty, and the consequences of unfaithfulness. One woman’s determination to uncover the truth for badly broken wives instead unleashes a host of personal dilemmas, and in the end the truths she discovers are mostly about herself.

One Quick Kiss (Sexy Short Stories) - 99 cents

One Quick Kiss

A collection of short stories about sex, love, and every emotion in between. From the light and whimsical, to the highly charged and erotic, this collection offers something for everyone who has ever been under the intoxicating spell of a relationship and desirous of…ONE QUICK KISS

On the eve of her wedding anniversary the wife in COTTON COMES TO NINA has but one wish for a present. She wishes the calendar would simply skip the date. But how does she explain this to her eager husband? 

Boxing is known as the Sweet Science. A brutal sport that requires the extreme sacrifice and commitment of its combatants. Rule number one: no sex before a big fight. For the two lovers at the heart of G.O.A.T., getting beyond rule number one might be as difficult as the coming fight itself.

The wife is the last to know. Discovering that her husband has been unfaithful is surely a terrible shock for the devoted wife and mother of IN THE DARK. But an even greater shock than that is still to come.

I am my brother’s keeper. So many things come to mind with thoughts of brotherhood. Camaraderie, fellowship, looking out for the wellbeing of another. The brother in FLIMSY AND RAGGEDY wonders if lusting after his brother’s girlfriend can be added to the list.

This collection also includes an excerpt from the romantic suspense novella, EXCUSE ME MISS and its forthcoming follow-up, MODESTY.

Distracted (Thriller)
Excuse Me, Miss (EMM #1)
Modesty (EMM #2)
One Quick Kiss (Sexy Short Stories)
Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Re: Executive Sick Days -- Cover Poll!!!

The third book in the Sedona O'Hala series is about to come out (March 2011).  Buuut before it can be released into the wild, a cover must be chosen.   I'm runing a cover poll over on my blog:

www.BearMountainBooks.com

Stop by! Vote for your favorite!!

Thanks

Maria

(Executive Lunch and Executive Retention are already available on B&N and once we have the cover picked, Executive Sick Days will be uploaded!) 

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
Author
LCEvans
0 Kudos

Re: Executive Sick Days -- Cover Poll!!!

Both choices are cute and go along with the other covers in the series. I voted for my favorite. 

L.C. Evans

We Interrupt This Date 

The Witness Wore Blood Bay 

Jobless Recovery 

Night Camp 

Contributor
BigBus
0 Kudos

Simply Perfect Binding

SIMPLY PERFECT BINDING  I don't know about most people, and at the risk of sounding sacrilegious, I do know myself; I prefer a paperback book over a digital book. And many of my friends that read feel the same way. They want a physical book that they can read and then pass on to their reading friends. If you can print it, then you can bind it! And if you want to make a specialized gift to a special someone, add a page or two with a personalized dedication just for them. I do this with all of my own novels before gifting them and the ensuing responses have been overwhelming.

This manual will lead you through the process of printing, formatting, building a simple press, and binding your own custom book. It's simply laid out with many pictures to walk you step by step through the process. It's a wonderful learning experience and could even be the start of a new hobby. Enjoy, Will Decker

Distinguished Bibliophile
RHWright
0 Kudos

Re: Simply Perfect Binding

BigBus wrote:

SIMPLY PERFECT BINDING  I don't know about most people, and at the risk of sounding sacrilegious, I do know myself; I prefer a paperback book over a digital book. And many of my friends that read feel the same way. They want a physical book that they can read and then pass on to their reading friends. If you can print it, then you can bind it! And if you want to make a specialized gift to a special someone, add a page or two with a personalized dedication just for them. I do this with all of my own novels before gifting them and the ensuing responses have been overwhelming.

This manual will lead you through the process of printing, formatting, building a simple press, and binding your own custom book. It's simply laid out with many pictures to walk you step by step through the process. It's a wonderful learning experience and could even be the start of a new hobby. Enjoy, Will Decker

Am I the only one who savors the delicious irony of a book espousing print over digital in its description and the link posted with it...is for the eBook? :smileyvery-happy: