Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Patrick_Skelton
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book! The Device A Sci-Fi Mystery $2.99

The Device

A mysterious device.

A physicist with advanced medical knowledge.

A man's quest to uncover the secrets of his past and save the woman he loves.

When John Timmons finds an unusual metal object behind his cabin in Colorado, he suspects it belongs to his new neighbor, Jacob Mowat--a retired nuclear engineer who claims to have been employed by the government. As their friendship progresses, John discovers that his neighbor is guarding a terrible secret. His search for answers leads to a startling truth about his own troubled past as an orphan and the fate of humanity.

THE DEVICE is a character-driven mystery that explores loss and redemption, corruption and miracles. Fans of speculative fiction--George Orwell's 1984 and Aldous Huxley's Brave New World---will enjoy the frightening climax.

Author of THE DEVICE A Suspense Novel

[url=http://www.patrickskelton.weebly.com]The Device [/url]
Contributor
Mister_Teacher
0 Kudos

Learn Me Good by John Pearson

Jessica,

Thank you for starting this thread to showcase our work!

I'd like to invite everyone with a Nook (or heck, even those who want a paperback!) to check out my humor novel, Learn Me Good , a fictionalized and embellished version of my first year as a public school teacher.

"Jack Woodson is living and working in Dallas, TX.  He has forty children, and all of them have different mothers."

Here's the blurb:

Jack Woodson was a thermal design engineer for four years until he was laid off from his job. Now, as a teacher, he faces new challenges. Conference calls have been replaced with parent conferences. Product testing has given way to standardized testing. Instead of business cards, Jack now passes out report cards. The only thing that hasn't changed noticeably is the maturity level of the people surrounding him all day.

Learn Me Good is a hilarious first-person account, inspired by real life experiences. Through a series of emails to Fred Bommerson, his buddy who still works at Heat Pumps Unlimited, Jack chronicles a year-in-the-life of a brand new teacher. With subject lines such as "Irritable Vowel Syndrome," "In math class, no one can hear you scream," and "I love the smell of Lysol in the morning," Jack writes each email with a dash of sarcasm and plenty of irreverent wit.

Learn Me Good has been doing quite well on the Kindle, and I am hoping to reach a wave of Nook readers with my book as well!  Thank you to everyone who checks it out!

Check out Learn Me Good the blog, and join the Learn Me Good Facebook page!

Frequent Contributor
Edison43
0 Kudos

Re: Read My Book!

$9.99...recommended reading -  Encounter at North Road House  on B&N NOOKbook - E-Book -

A masked, invicible psychopath Jason-type enters a house looking for another life to take, but the house is empty and haunted by ghostly spirits of wickedness.  The doors of the haunted house then lock shut and entrap the masked-killer - instantly, a war breaks out between the haunted elements of the house and the masked psychopath.

Frequent Contributor
plumboz
0 Kudos

Re: More nice reviews for Boomerang

And here is the latest review Boomerang has received from across the pond. Would love for you to check it out! 70 p translates to ninety-nine cents here in the ol' USA.

A Cracking Good Read, 24 Feb 2011

This review is from: Boomerang (Kindle Edition)

As a new Kindle reader I was scouring the humor section for something to read. At 70p I thought "might as well give this a try"
I am so glad I did.It is well written & had me laughing at the ensuing chaotic antics of the various chasers of the boomerang, & the misfortunes of the assassin. As others have said if it would make an hilairious film. Get this book at this price you really can't go wrong.

Boomerang

Best,
Alan Hutcheson (aka Plumboz)

author of Boomerang, a comic novel of international intrigue, with music
Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Re: Executive Sick Days is Live!!!

[ Edited ]

Thank you everyone for helping chose the cover for

Executive Sick Days:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/product.aspx?ean=2940012288288

I thought the product link would work, but it doesn't appear it's in the search engine database yet, so I'm supplying the link above to take you to the B&N listing.

At any rate--thank you for voting.  The book is live for Nook at the above link!!!

Number 3 in the Sedona O'Hala Cozy Mystery Series:

Steve Huntington had a way of offering jobs that were too good to be true. Mark Huntington made offers too good to turn down. Sedona had a habit of being caught in the middle; somewhere in the proximity of bad guys with guns and family members she was trying to avoid.

Good thing the latest case involved a hospital. Then again, not all hospital personnel were interested in the lasting health of the patients...or that of their co-workers.

Executive Sick Days is book three in the Sedona O'Hala series. Book one is: Executive Lunch    Book two is: Executive Retention

Thank you,

Maria

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
Author
LCEvans

Congratulations on the book release. I had to go look at your cover right away. I think it's really attractive and I like the ambulance on the front. 

L.C. Evans

We Interrupt This Date 

The Witness Wore Blood Bay 

Jobless Recovery 

Night Camp 

Reader
Gladiola_Ann-ChkNachos
0 Kudos

Chicken Nachos by Davidson and Dowling

Chicken Nachos follows the married lives of two women as they lose touch with reality, heading into a life of denial and abuse. This is a fresh perspective on abusive relationships. Merely a silly fable or a much-needed wake-up call, Chicken Nachos is both entertaining and sobering. For anyone who is, has been, or even wonders if they... are in an abusive relationship it is a must read!

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Chicken-Nachos/Lori-Davidson/e/9781456532710/?itm=1&USRI=chicken+na...

Gladiola and Petunia
Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria
0 Kudos

Thanks, L.C!!!  I'm pretty pleased with the way the cover turned out.  I don't know why, but it might be my favorite.  Maybe because it's blue?

The product links are now working: 

Executive Sick Days    Ta-da!  If you like cozy mysteries, give it a look. (The first in the series is Executive Lunch.  The second is Executive Retention.)

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
Author
CJ_West
0 Kudos

Re: Sin And Vengeance by CJ West

Thanks for this opportunity to introduce my first book, Sin & Vengeance. $2.99 on Nook.

Sin & Vengeance

"...the book was spellbinding. The plotting is brilliant, and Randy is an exquisite character, an evil genius for the modern age."
Debra Hamel.

"C.J. West delivers, from the highly erotic opening scene to the chilling conclusion. Sin & Vengeance is a provocative page-turner brimming with intrigue and heart-pounding suspense."
Alynn

I picked up a copy of C.J. West's "Sin and Vengeance", and settled in to read it after work. Several hours later, I'd had an evening of twists and turns, vivid characters, and several moments where I found myself reminding myself to breathe.
K. Little

"I cannot understand, with all the crap out there why a major publisher has not jumped all over you with a big time deal. The story is believable and haunting, and the writing flows effortlessly with characters that are so well conceived you can almost reach out and touch them... Keep writing works like this and you will be a household name sometime soon."
F. Cinnella

Description:

When his knee shatters on the playing field, Charlie Marston is plunged into turmoil. The fallen college superstar joins the family winemaking business, but working alongside his parents is not the future he had planned. He escapes work whenever he can and soon finds a new friend named Randy Black. Randy is part stunt-pilot, part Casanova, and part drunken Pied Piper. Randy introduces Charlie to Deirdre Deudon, the provocative wife of a French farmer. They come together in an ill-conceived stunt that explodes into consequences that chase Charlie and Randy back home to Massachusetts and change Deirdre's life forever. The after-effects of this tragic mistake bind the three of them together and threaten everything they hold dear.

This book is currently in development for film.

I hope you'll give it a try.

CJ

New User
heatherhudak
0 Kudos

Breathless by Heather C. Hudak

Breathless  is a YA vampire romance that is available for only 99 cents! It was recently released for Nook, but it has sold more than 5,000 copies since January 1 on other leading retailers. It's a fun, light read that's getting a lot of buzz.

When tall, dark, and mysterious Chaseyn Lear arrives in the small town of Evergreen, Colorado, high school senior Lia Jameson’s life is turned upside-down. An unexpected twist of fate unravels a long-time family curse that puts Lia in the center of a supernatural drama and threatens her life.

Learn more about Breathless and Heather C. Hudak at heatherhudak.blogspot.com.